Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709378 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6300 on: October 16, 2020, 07:49:16 PM »
stoked on seeing my family, skating well and sober for the first time in a really long time, and getting the car in order. also stoked on going home soon, getting to see my partner, and possibly getting a cat upon arrival.

Not stoked on having to drive for 5 days, shortly before the election as Covid starts ripping through the mid west all over again. Death comes ripping, feel me?
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6301 on: October 17, 2020, 07:06:11 AM »
Nevermind I'm not ready to put this out there
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6302 on: October 17, 2020, 05:11:20 PM »
Moved to a smaller country town to be closer to friends which is cool but also missing comforts of city living and the skate spots

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #6303 on: October 19, 2020, 07:46:35 AM »
There's a lot of new kids and dads learning how to skate at my local, so I was cool with teaching them how to skate the banks and the hip. This one dad was learning how to on a cruiser board and I was telling him about gear he can get so he can skate with his son and little tricks he can learn to cruise around. After I got done I decided to skate the little hubbas and missed my pop and felt a slight roll when I hit the ground. Didn't really feel anything since I went to skate some other stuff, but when I got home, I felt the tendons in my right foot got pulled. So I'll have to wait a few days for them to heal to skate again.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #6304 on: October 19, 2020, 09:32:56 AM »
The weed plant I grew has some seeds in it. Not that many, but I assume it decreases the potency a bit. I am kind of stoked that I can (possibly) see the next generation of this plant.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #6305 on: October 20, 2020, 09:14:11 AM »
Stoked I've got the last Quasi in 8.5 of my local before the new delivery (which might be super late because of covid and overseas shipping to Europe). Not stoked It wasn't my usual guy behind the counter, this one charged me 7€ for grip tape and acts like they always do that when I asked why/since when?

MaitlandPrivado

• Rep: 29
« Reply #6306 on: October 20, 2020, 09:37:15 AM »
The weed plant I grew has some seeds in it. Not that many, but I assume it decreases the potency a bit. I am kind of stoked that I can (possibly) see the next generation of this plant.

The potency won't be affected. If you only grew one and there's no chance of accidental pollination from an outside male, those seeds are the product of sexual instability within the female plant and they will be S1s. This means the seeds are feminized and will only produce females and only contain genetics from the mother. The offspring can represent everything from the worst possible combination of her genetic traits to the very best so you can expect to find some even better than mom but will have to hunt to find them.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #6307 on: October 20, 2020, 01:02:04 PM »
I forgot how many DVD's I had in boxes. I found Krooked Kronichles in there. The double DVD with booklet cardboard sleeve and all. Pretty great shape. I don't give a fuck about the video but I thought I tossed all of my old skate stuff out. Just cool to see something old. I had First Love in there too which I liked more, but its scratched up, and its also a fucking dvd.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6308 on: October 20, 2020, 06:24:35 PM »
I have job interviews every day this week but my anxiety is through the roof. Had one this morning and was so exhausted afterwards that I passed out. Doing interviews just gets me so nervous and tomorrow I have 2. I just want to get a job and get over this anxiety.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #6309 on: October 20, 2020, 06:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The potency won't be affected. If you only grew one and there's no chance of accidental pollination from an outside male, those seeds are the product of sexual instability within the female plant and they will be S1s. This means the seeds are feminized and will only produce females and only contain genetics from the mother. The offspring can represent everything from the worst possible combination of her genetic traits to the very best so you can expect to find some even better than mom but will have to hunt to find them.

Neat! I didn’t know dioceous plants could do that.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6310 on: October 22, 2020, 04:48:43 AM »
I got no pipe but I found some of my old toys

(A)pl(E)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6311 on: October 24, 2020, 08:57:59 PM »
Re-ripping my CD collection and rediscovering so many CD's I had forgot I had. I don't have any desire to be tracked by streaming services anymore and there are so many rare things I have that will never find it's way on streaming. Time consuming and tedious but where am I going tonight?

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #6312 on: October 25, 2020, 10:42:21 AM »
Just started skating again after a year hiatus and 20+ extra pounds. Today is day 5 of skating for 15-30 minutes a day. I spent the first four days rolling around and trying flat ground. Rolling around the park, pumping around, etc.

A couple of pals on here got me stoked to get back into it and it’s been a blessing- ‘preciate you, Slap. The last time I came back from a hiatus, I immediately tried to be where I was a decade prior, which was pretty disappointing and I reverted to doing the same 5 tricks and 4 lines I knew like the back of my hand from years prior. This time, I decided to start from scratch and work through all the basics. It’s going to be a long journey but I feel really good about adding variety to my palette of useless wooden toy dancing.

Days 2,3 and 4, I woke up barely being able to move my legs. Today was the first day I woke up with my legs not pulsating in pain and I was able to lift them with relatively no soreness, which felt really good. I decided I’d start getting back into ledge skating. I’ve been going to my local between 8a-9a to hit it while it’s empty and that has been really fun.

My first day back, I had a really old and wack setup that felt funky. 8” board with super narrow/ tight trucks and gnarly concave. Everything felt weird and unstable. A couple days later, I picked up ishod’s twin tail and it felt really good to roll on- flat, nice width (I’ve never gone above an 8 inch)and felt fun not knowing where my nose or tail were.

I get to the park and roll around the tranny to warm up my legs. Got a little too comfortable on some things and it felt a little sketchy. Then, a mini van full of rad-dad’s kids shows up, so I retreat to the ledge and decide to give it a go.

I was shocked I could regular and switch 5050 with relative ease. I thought I’d do this about 30-40 times and just try to get comfortable. I figured after 5 minutes, I’d move into trying 5-0’s or something else. After 50-50’s for about 15 minutes, I wasn’t getting any more comfortable and felt relatively sketchy on each go. I began to get pretty down on myself, feeling like I couldn’t physically get anywhere near where my mind was at. Shortly after that, I was pretty winded and decided to call it a day.

When I was 19, I fucked my right knee up and I’m pretty sure I stretched or tore my meniscus. Immediately went to the hospital but was only given x-rays and told to rest for a couple weeks. I’m 32 now and this injury has plagued the way I skate. Today, when I got home, I could for sure tell it’s an issue. On top of that, being heavier definitely has not helped it feel much better.

I’m stoked that I’ve gotten back into skateboarding and am relatively passionate about it. Im not stoked on my weight, age and past injuries making me feel like my body is 50. I know I have to persevere, bla bla bla, but it is very frustrating to know where I was and see a long road ahead of me. I’m hoping that recent diet changes and skateboarding daily will quickly improve my agility and lose some pounds to feel odor comfortable on the board. Long term, once I lose some weight, going to get my knee checked out and see if I need surgery.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #6313 on: October 26, 2020, 03:33:13 AM »
Stoked to be closing on my new place this week, not stoked to be moving all my shit from the old place to the new place. Every time I move I swear it's gonna be the last time, then before I know it I'm packing my shit up again lol.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #6314 on: October 27, 2020, 01:48:59 AM »
Signed the divorce paperwork

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #6315 on: October 27, 2020, 06:16:25 AM »
@fakie nollie I find that the least one worries about their abilities and the idea of losing tricks they used to have and whatnot, the more naturally they enjoy skating and said abilities spontaneously develop or come back, just to be skating again you have to live as a blessing (every session is one) and from then on it doesn't really matter what you're doing on your board. I never quit skating but I've had a couple of times where I had to recover from injuries for a few months and felt 'restricted' when I came back, but that actually taught me not to worry about it (since that's not what you want nor are supposed to do all session long) and instead take it as an opportunity to do different stuff, even just carving around the park going fast and popping little ollies here and there will get both your mind and body back in the groove all the while being more fun than cursing at a ledge. Maybe see it as simplifying your skating for the time being, it's actually really cool that you have the ambition to get your tricks back and get back in shape but as long as that's already on your mind you shouldn't need to sweat it, when getting the basics back isn't fun or working that day there's probably a shit ton of new basics you could be enjoying experimenting with instead if you opened up your approach. As long as you keep skating you'll slim down and feel comfortable again eventually anyway, so there's no point in spending part of that time worrying over watching results that are sure to come. Anyway I'm your age and your post resonated quite a bit with me as I can also be one to try and make it a point to keep improving my skating with age, with the same pleasure as since day one, I regularly look back at stuff I used to do to make sure I'm still able to do it now as a form of healthy competition with my former self, that's probably naturally tempting to do but where it can get dangerous is when one starts seriously assuming their skill as an adult skateboarder is directly representative of their self-worth and lets it mentally weigh them down, which I actually see happen quite a bit. Just focus on what you like to do in the moment and you'll be golden. I hope the knee problem will sort itself out as you slim down, I'm sure it will, maybe that's also an invitation to keep things low impact for a bit and learn new fun stuff in that field, whatever does it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xlZSsLhnQ

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #6316 on: October 29, 2020, 05:35:01 AM »
I had a nice tinder date with a girl two days ago, now I realizing she updated her pictures after our date aha

mushroom slice

« Reply #6317 on: October 30, 2020, 08:50:52 AM »
I can’t stop watching this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FyWQvsV6FwQ

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #6318 on: October 30, 2020, 01:49:53 PM »

Theres a little kid next to my house that always watches me skate my 1/4 pipe. His mom mentioned last week that he wants to skate someday, so that translates to me that he needs his own setup. Stoked that he will be stoked when he gets home and sees this by his door...not stoked for me because thats my last little board. :)

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6319 on: October 30, 2020, 03:38:17 PM »

Theres a little kid next to my house that always watches me skate my 1/4 pipe. His mom mentioned last week that he wants to skate someday, so that translates to me that he needs his own setup. Stoked that he will be stoked when he gets home and sees this by his door...not stoked for me because thats my last little board. :)
This type of shit makes me so happy to be a skater. I got my first set up almost the same way. Well donw pal.
Whoa. Danger.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6320 on: October 30, 2020, 04:33:35 PM »
I was just back east visiting the family and it's usually not a good time, but on top of being really solid and meaningful, I had a lot of fun this trip while also starting to lay the foundation for a move back east. I've been pretty untethered, roaming back and forth for the past 10 or so years, with the west coast base being in one of my most favorite locales. I have had my permanent base here for the past 5 years and do whatever I want. I work for myself and it's a dream, I ride bikes, skate again, mess with instruments and guns, collect/listen/read records and books, smoke herb, dick around on the computer, go to the beach, hike the forest, drink coffee, and eat the dankest local organic food. I do all of this at least 1x week, usually 3 or 4. There are so few people in this podunk place compared to back east. I dig it. And still, I'm ready to move on. I'll never be able to afford land here whereas in New England I can get some decent south facing acreage with water for a relatively decent price. My parents are getting old and the covid thing has thrown them out of wack, as has the social/political climate of the states. It'd be good to be say a 3 or four hour drive rather than a 3-5 day drive. But the social expectations back there are different. New England is up tight, no matter where you're at. Soon it's time to go back and I'm trying to figure it out.

Going to appreciate the fuck outta the place for the time

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #6321 on: October 30, 2020, 06:43:41 PM »
Dreams come true but feeling writers block so to speak with skating

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #6322 on: October 31, 2020, 11:06:31 AM »

This legit warmed my heart. You are amazing.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6323 on: October 31, 2020, 01:56:56 PM »
Memorial box. These boards especially the SM were lit. It maybe was having a ledge like 5 minutes from my house.

Some have art on the grip so I kept them.

Two are back up boards. One was defective but was replaced.

This isn't even the special box of stuff. I got way way too much shit.
It's hard to be like yo this graphic is a wall board. It's not a screen obviously.
Most of these are the same shapes. The board it has to mean something to me. Hold some weight in my mind when I hold it in my hands.

I remember all of this because I'm not on drugs and it's the shit. But I gotta pull the grip off some of these and dump them at the skate park or something.

Happy Halloween

(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6324 on: October 31, 2020, 03:59:44 PM »
Memorial box. These boards especially the SM were lit. It maybe was having a ledge like 5 minutes from my house.

It's hard to be like yo this graphic is a wall board. It's not a screen obviously.
Most of these are the same shapes. The board it has to mean something to me. Hold some weight in my mind when I hold it in my hands.

I remember all of this because I'm not on drugs and it's the shit. But I gotta pull the grip off some of these and dump them at the skate park or something.

Happy Halloween

yeah dog, I was just back at my family home and found a grip of old decks under the basement stairs. My ma asked if she could dump them and I asked to save them til I move back east and can make a chair or something out of them. The deck I remember most was a 5boro I was riding in 01 that has the twin towers cut out under the grip.

How old are you? Where'd you skate in MA? strictly Boston or did you venture out and shit?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6325 on: October 31, 2020, 10:47:29 PM »
Expand Quote

Happy Halloween

[close]

yeah dog, I was just back at my family home and found a grip of old decks under the basement stairs. My ma asked if she could dump them and I asked to save them til I move back east and can make a chair or something out of them. The deck I remember most was a 5boro I was riding in 01 that has the twin towers cut out under the grip.

How old are you? Where'd you skate in MA? strictly Boston or did you venture out and shit?

I'm pretty old. I'm 42. I'm usually mass. North Shore mostly. Boston has been a rare treat since covid.

I got hot feet for sure. I haven't had a vacation in about 10 years.
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6326 on: November 01, 2020, 09:46:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Happy Halloween

[close]

[close]

I'm pretty old. I'm 42. I'm usually mass. North Shore mostly. Boston has been a rare treat since covid.

no doubt. you've only got about a handful on me. glad you are surviving, man. most of the old skate homies have passed on.

I grew up in Bristol/Plymouth counties, skating Fall River, New Bedford, Bridgewater, Brockton, Taunton- anywhere there was a spot. We'd get out to the city when we could. Financial District and Aquarium were hella fun. Shit was a mecca.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6327 on: November 02, 2020, 08:50:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Happy Halloween

[close]

[close]

[close]

no doubt. you've only got about a handful on me. glad you are surviving, man. most of the old skate homies have passed on.

I grew up in Bristol/Plymouth counties, skating Fall River, New Bedford, Bridgewater, Brockton, Taunton- anywhere there was a spot. We'd get out to the city when we could. Financial District and Aquarium were hella fun. Shit was a mecca.

Right on. My niece lives down that way.
Sometimes I go to the edge. I haven't been since last winter though.

I love framingham. I kinda wanna move there
(A)pl(E)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6328 on: November 02, 2020, 09:59:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Happy Halloween

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Right on. My niece lives down that way.
Sometimes I go to the edge. I haven't been since last winter though.

I love framingham. I kinda wanna move there

I don't live there anymore but I skated Edge from before it was open til I left town. that bowl is epic.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #6329 on: November 04, 2020, 07:32:29 AM »
Not stoked on the death of my beautiful Alfa Romeo 156, but stoked on the letter from DMV saying they don't need more drug tests. Took me two years and a fuckton of money.