Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 711440 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6450 on: April 09, 2021, 02:57:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's like 1400 extra bucks in my bank. I have no idea how it got there. I assume it's covid money I didn't get last year.

Ssi found out first. Now I gotta fight to keep my disability going. We aren't allowed to have more than a grand in the bank.
[close]

hope you get to keep it. that sucks that you can't keep more than 1k. we have similar rules for welfare over here and it makes no sense to me, how would anyone save up enough to get out of debt or something. everytime you have too much you have to pay them back, even if someone sends you money for a birthday gift or something. this is why everyone trys to do cashies on the side when on the program.
[close]

I have to give it back.

Everything fell apart as soon as I opened my mouth.

They still owe me last year's money.

man fuck those government kooks.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #6451 on: April 12, 2021, 08:12:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's like 1400 extra bucks in my bank. I have no idea how it got there. I assume it's covid money I didn't get last year.

Ssi found out first. Now I gotta fight to keep my disability going. We aren't allowed to have more than a grand in the bank.
[close]

hope you get to keep it. that sucks that you can't keep more than 1k. we have similar rules for welfare over here and it makes no sense to me, how would anyone save up enough to get out of debt or something. everytime you have too much you have to pay them back, even if someone sends you money for a birthday gift or something. this is why everyone trys to do cashies on the side when on the program.
[close]

I have to give it back.

Man, that chaps my ass.  The American way, I guess.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6452 on: April 14, 2021, 04:34:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I have to give it back.

[close]

Man, that chaps my ass.  The American way, I guess.

I got it!!! I'm halfway to a car of my own.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #6453 on: April 15, 2021, 06:21:59 AM »
Oh, fuck yeah, buddy!

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #6454 on: April 15, 2021, 07:59:43 AM »
Stoked on: It's been a long time coming but I've finally reached out to a therapist and am beginning that journey while working on getting to a point of either sobriety or getting a handle on my substance abuse issues.

No Stoked on: Terrified of unpacking the amount of reasons I know that I'm fucked up and having to bring up a lifetime's worth of trauma and losing a lot of friends by not drinking or doing drugs. My overthinking/anxiety of these two things are fucking me up but I know I'm doing what's best for me.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6455 on: April 15, 2021, 08:34:41 AM »
Stoked on: It's been a long time coming but I've finally reached out to a therapist and am beginning that journey while working on getting to a point of either sobriety or getting a handle on my substance abuse issues.

No Stoked on: Terrified of unpacking the amount of reasons I know that I'm fucked up and having to bring up a lifetime's worth of trauma and losing a lot of friends by not drinking or doing drugs. My overthinking/anxiety of these two things are fucking me up but I know I'm doing what's best for me.

You got.
(A)pl(E)

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6456 on: April 15, 2021, 09:04:16 AM »
thanks @Uncle Flea I just need to get out of my own head about this shit.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6457 on: April 15, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
They just demolished the local park.

I might be moving soon anyways.

Fhk

« Reply #6458 on: April 16, 2021, 06:46:15 PM »
I had a bunch to drink and finally was able to remove my Dad (that passed away recently) from my contact list. Maybe this means I'm starting to deal with it  :-\

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #6459 on: April 17, 2021, 02:15:21 AM »
I had a bunch to drink and finally was able to remove my Dad (that passed away recently) from my contact list. Maybe this means I'm starting to deal with it  :-\

I did the same thing after one of my most admired friends took their life. I didn't delete their number for years afterwards. I would even try and call it, pretending that they were still around.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6460 on: April 18, 2021, 07:01:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I did the same thing after one of my most admired friends took their life. I didn't delete their number for years afterwards. I would even try and call it, pretending that they were still around.

Both my parents have passed a few years now and they’re both still in my phone as well as the two voicemails I got the days they died. I can’t bring myself to delete them. My heart goes out to both of you.

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #6461 on: April 18, 2021, 08:57:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Both my parents have passed a few years now and they’re both still in my phone as well as the two voicemails I got the days they died. I can’t bring myself to delete them. My heart goes out to both of you.

I lost one of my best friends coming up on ten years ago now. and my sister took her own life almost three years ago. I still have both their numbers in my contacts. sometimes it’s nice just seeing their names again when scrolling through to call someone.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #6462 on: April 19, 2021, 02:07:13 PM »
A fella I fancy is coming over Thursday night for dinner and hangs.

But I've a bit of a cold sore, I don't know what to cook and my room is kind of shitty.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6463 on: April 28, 2021, 05:24:44 PM »
Got to skate Lynch today.
Not stoked on my manuals rn.

My ventures bushings have become perfect I'm glad I switched back to purps
My bolts I just got are too short. I need like an inch and a quarter to put on my beautiful wooden risers.

I went to the Dr I have a Bacteria staff infection. I believe it's from my used couch.
I said I'm about to get a new one throw out this one. My brother is like then move the fuck out to the street with that shit. Started barking at me. He found this thing in the trash like 4 years ago.
I own a bed. It's upstairs. I gave it up when he became guardian of a 3rd kid because they need a bed.

I fucking hate that toxic mother fucker most of the time but he's my brother.

Like i want to buy a fucking couch when I'm only 2 grand short for a car. I want my fucking bed mother fucker.
(A)pl(E)

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6464 on: April 28, 2021, 11:53:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I saved all that shit, too
I think that sort of thing is fairly normal
How fucked is it when after a while some other cunt gets the number

You know you die twice right, your heart stops beating and your brain dies but you only really die when cunts stop taking about you
So we all of us good here

Nb banksy’s a gronk it’s wrong to attribute that shit to him all he ever did was steal
listen to cosmic psychos

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6465 on: May 13, 2021, 02:00:51 AM »
This week was a rollercoaster to say the least.

Started off pretty low, lost a friendship with an ex who was important to me, made a bad decision during the weekend that I'm regretting, I wasn't sleeping too well because of a new neighbor, and my job wants me back in person sooner than expected.

The week might end stronger, rekindled a friendship with a different ex who was important to me, I was interviewed for some publication my undergrad uni put out (cool to be featured next to dudes who went to Yale and shit), watched Boogie Nights with a friend tonight, and realized I actually accomplished a lot in the past year (not as much as I would have liked but more than I realized).

My trajectory in life totally changed and adjusting to that has sucked, but I think, in the moment, I'm not totally sucking.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #6466 on: May 13, 2021, 05:06:36 AM »
I’m bummed that it’s lockdown time where I live, especially for the kids. I can’t imagine how sucky growing up in a pandemic is. But man oh man, is it ever fucking sweet to be able to skate the curbs at the schoolyard midday, midweek, whenever I want.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #6467 on: May 14, 2021, 04:16:53 PM »
Today I learned how to do proper backside 360s (the scooped way) from watching a 12 year old do them. Been in pursuit of this trick for years so I’m quite stoked. Still far from consistent but I have a good goal to work towards
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 07:23:36 PM by Blueabyssofthisss »

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #6468 on: May 14, 2021, 11:34:32 PM »
i got hired this week to work for a solar startup. the bad news is its far from home, all my coworkers are boring, everyone in the office is hiding behind a monitor, we don't have a working prototype, and it's 9 to 6 and leaves me all drained so cant skate, the boss seems like more of business man than subject matter expert, and the competition seems to have better shit going on.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #6469 on: May 15, 2021, 07:50:08 AM »
i got hired this week to work for a solar startup. the bad news is its far from home, all my coworkers are boring, everyone in the office is hiding behind a monitor, we don't have a working prototype, and it's 9 to 6 and leaves me all drained so cant skate, the boss seems like more of business man than subject matter expert, and the competition seems to have better shit going on.

Welcome to lovely world of tech, :), although I guess you don't say that this was your first job.

I'll share what a OG Microsoft member shared with me: Ikigai is available to all in this industry, if you don't find it at your current place, move on. He said this in relation to software development, but I imagine it holds for most other positions in any 'cutting-edge' AND expanding field.

fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6470 on: May 19, 2021, 06:26:34 PM »
Taxes.

Stoked to be in a position to pitch in, not stoked to get triple taxed by the 3 states/provinces asking for their share of my income.

Stoked that the USD was strong early in the year, not stoked that average exchange rate for 2020 set by the Bank of Canada is way higher than any rate the bank would have ever given me.

The tax treaty between the US and Canada accounts for social security taxes and medicare taxes, but the tax treaty doesn't seem to account for conversion fees which is pretty lame.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #6471 on: May 20, 2021, 08:05:05 AM »
I gave myself an hour to see how many push ups I could do now that I’ve been working out regularly.
In sets of 10, I got to 69 and failed on #70.
They left me way more sore than any of the weight lifting I’ve been doing. I’m stoked I got to 69. Not too stoked on being really sore but I also enjoy the pain of running my fingers on the sore spots, it hurts so good.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6472 on: May 20, 2021, 11:06:52 AM »
I taught my niece math for the 3rd time today.
This kid is completely ignored when she's not living with me.

Now I got to teach her an entire year of us history in 20 days.

Sigh. I wish I was a school teacher because I'm the king of teaching. I just totally suck at English.
(A)pl(E)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 397
« Reply #6473 on: May 20, 2021, 11:27:31 AM »
I gave myself an hour to see how many push ups I could do now that I’ve been working out regularly.
They left me way more sore than any of the weight lifting I’ve been doing. I’m stoked I got to 69. Not too stoked on being really sore but I also enjoy the pain of running my fingers on the sore spots, it hurts so good.

That will get better soon.

When I heavily into martial arts training I did 340 a day sometimes.

Spread over the day.

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #6474 on: May 20, 2021, 11:49:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Spread over the day.

i definitely need to get into some sort of routine like this.

keeping on topic of post, dropped about 30 lbs after being at my heaviest and just extremely uncomfortable with myself, but now just struggling to tone everything and keep up on eating healthier.

anyone have any suggestions for healthier snacks?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #6475 on: May 20, 2021, 12:05:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Spread over the day.
When I was 9 I did 1000 over like 8-9 hours while I was with my dad at work all day lol.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6476 on: May 20, 2021, 12:10:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Spread over the day.
[close]
When I was 9 I did 1000 over like 8-9 hours while I was with my dad at work all day lol.

Dang, burnt after 20/25..

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #6477 on: May 21, 2021, 05:23:13 AM »
The skate shop I have traditionally favoured has been dropping the ball, but the skate shop that used to be my second choice has exceeded all expectations during covid, especially with how they’ve handled online sales and curb side shopping. They even sent me a discount promo as a thank you for using their online store frequently. A door closes, a window opens, I guess.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6478 on: May 28, 2021, 08:50:24 PM »
I’m living with this brazzo couple such a sick spot but they’re proper loose she throws him around hard and does the screaming and shit it’s funny as

He don’t even smoke and we been drinking and I called him into a few bongs and we’re chilling but it’s fucked him deadset he’s only speaking Portuguese now
listen to cosmic psychos

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6479 on: June 12, 2021, 02:04:35 PM »
A long time old friend was in the city this weekend and wanted to go skate this new park that neither of us had ever been to. It was about 40 minutes away so we got to chat and catch up and all that was amazing and we both seem to be going through similar shit at the moment so having someone to vent with felt great.

We got to the park and there wasn’t anywhere to really warm up, it was slick new cement and smaller than I expected. I already have pretty bad anxiety and skating in front of people I dont know trips me out especially when I can’t even really warm up with flat ground or a ledge. It got busy within 10-15 min of being there so I basically just sat on the side after taking a couple laps and bailing a few tricks and tried to curb an anxiety attack the rest of the morning. Really bummed on myself for the rest of the day so far.

TLDR: caught up with an old friend but blew a great chance to skate because anxiety and being stupid in my own head.