Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709553 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6570 on: September 30, 2021, 03:42:52 AM »
happy birthday adam!

sorry you had all the hassle and personal shit.

gonna be 36 in a few weeks, too. also stoked but not stoked about it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6571 on: September 30, 2021, 04:01:00 AM »
Stoked I got the three flip line (not tre flip but three flips in a row) I‘ve been working on during my vacation on the last day of the vacation.
Not stoked I got a huge chip out of the tail (which I use as nose) of my relatively new deck in the process.
Stoked I already ordered a deck yesterday, call it premonition.

Edit: also stoked to start a new job tomorrow but not stoked that this means my vacation is over.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #6572 on: September 30, 2021, 02:02:13 PM »
currently on a 10 day isolation as someone i live with tested positive which is obviously awful but at the same time it's given me a chance to start editing a homie video i've been working on and it's super fucking rewarding seeing it all come together with all the time that went into it and random memories associated with certain clips etc.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #6573 on: September 30, 2021, 03:29:39 PM »
so right, I'm back in grad school finishing up my final year. This first semester anyways is via Zoom again. It's actually not so bad- On class days, I don't have to leave the house/property and can just chill out in my robe, drinking chai, watching videos, reading, and playing guitar. Sleep a little more, drive a little less. Pretty sweet, but anyways that's neither here nor there in regards to stoked but not stoked

I've got this instructor who I find to be a very attractive and she's a really great instructor, so, all around, I look forward to the class. This past week, I log on about 5-10 minutes early and am the first person to log in. Only thing on the screen is her photo and I say to myself, "damn, man. shit. she's hot as hell. I'd hit that" or something like that (because yes, I'm closer to 40 than 30 and I still talk to myself like a high schooler when I'm alone). I walk away to go drop a deuce or something before class starts. I come back and have a DM from the instructor that says "your mic is on fyi."

BROOOOOO NOOOOOOOO

not stoked because it was a bonehead move but stoked because although it's kind of embarrassing, it's funny as heck and I'm glad it wasn't something worse!!!
wait how could that be worse?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #6574 on: September 30, 2021, 07:44:32 PM »
Thanks guys @EdLawndale @matty_c @frank much love

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #6575 on: October 03, 2021, 02:51:25 AM »
The bagger
listen to cosmic psychos

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6576 on: October 05, 2021, 02:53:44 PM »
Got a job offer for a better paying job that will allow me to work from home with zero required trips to the office. As long as I don't change time zones my boss doesn't care where I live, which means I can go live in S. America for a few years.

It requires selling out pretty hard and has less vacation time. (I'm still probably going to take it.)

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #6577 on: October 05, 2021, 06:32:26 PM »
There’s a new skate shop opening in town, and somehow it’s also going to be a bar??

But also the boards they’ve posted have been MiniLogo and Mike Vallely pro models.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6578 on: October 06, 2021, 06:49:38 AM »
There’s a new skate shop opening in town, and somehow it’s also going to be a bar??

But also the boards they’ve posted have been MiniLogo and Mike Vallely pro models.

what beers do they have?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6579 on: October 06, 2021, 10:47:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what beers do they have?
That’s yet to be shown, but I know they’re gonna have a heavy selection of the local brews. I’m staying optimistic because we haven’t had a local in about 5 years but they’re gonna need to get a bit more board variety to get people in

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6580 on: October 07, 2021, 11:10:47 PM »
Nah, they're counting on getting dudes drunk and selling them completes in an inebriated state for the "I used to skate" crowd to take a few pushes on before it goes in the garage to collect dust.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #6581 on: October 08, 2021, 11:46:52 PM »
A younger gen homie I know showed up to try the rail out front of my building kinda late tonight, but since he chose to come at night to skate a residential spot, I decided to highlight the ABDness of it when I poached the clip.  ;D Alien did that shit over a decade ago. Good thing the only neighbor who decided to come out was so wasted that they won her over. Haha.

Someone regular foot needs to back smith that thing. Would make an amazing photo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUy_I4cluCw/

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6582 on: October 09, 2021, 12:34:05 AM »
A younger gen homie I know showed up to try the rail out front of my building kinda late tonight, but since he chose to come at night to skate a residential spot, I decided to highlight the ABDness of it when I poached the clip.  ;D Alien did that shit over a decade ago. Good thing the only neighbor who decided to come out was so wasted that they won her over. Haha.

Someone regular foot needs to back smith that thing. Would make an amazing photo.

What part of this amazing story are you not stoked on?
why come?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #6583 on: October 09, 2021, 04:45:34 AM »
Had this couch with a gross scratchy cover on it I never really sat on because it made me itchy. Took the cover off and set up a tv with SNES/PS1 and now have a new place to sit when my house is too hot in summer.

After sitting for a while I scratched my face or something and was like the the fuck is that smell. The back of my hand and forearm stink like some rotten shoes from being on the armrest. The I don't know why but the leather fucking stinks.
Couch is still pretty comfy tho

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6584 on: October 09, 2021, 05:26:50 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

couple suggestions:

it was already abd
the homie wasn't andrew allen
it wasn't a regular footed bs smith
bugle bites was maxin relaxin all coolin on the couch with netflix specials when the young homie decided to skate the rail in front of his house in disregard of neighborhood noise regulations
bugle bites was setting up an online store for his pants and the sudden skatenoise made him slip on his keyboard, producing a price typo that made all his pants cost 1 billion dollars a pair with no shipping.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6585 on: October 09, 2021, 08:35:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

couple suggestions:

it was already abd
bugle bites was maxin relaxin all coolin on the couch with netflix specials when the young homie decided to skate the rail in front of his house in disregard of neighborhood noise regulations
bugle bites was setting up an online store for his pants and the sudden skatenoise made him slip on his keyboard, producing a price typo that made all his pants cost 1 billion dollars a pair with no shipping.

Lol @Frank

On topic: Stoked I learned fakie heels today, not stoked I feel like I am losing regular heels.I had a hard time getting one or two decent ones today.
why come?

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #6586 on: October 09, 2021, 11:24:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

couple suggestions:

it was already abd

IT WAS A TYPOOOOOO!!! Hahaha.

For real though, it's just inconsiderate to do something like that late at night. I don't personally mind cause I'm stoked to see it, and homie who did it is a good guy ... but being inside I can see why it pisses people off when someone is skating the front of your house. It was actually super loud and felt like someone was literally skating inside the building. Do that shit in the daytime. People are still gonna be pissed but at least you're not waking anyone up.

Last guy I filmed doing it in the day was regular and got tuned right up. Had to call it a day.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6587 on: October 10, 2021, 04:54:40 PM »

I've been watching this mushroom grow in my backyard for the past three days. Never seen anything grow this fast before. Yesterday I was home for a while and it seriously got bigger by the hour.

My 10-year-old was out of town with his grandma this weekend. Kid wasted no time kicking it over and stomping it out as soon as he got home... Kinda bummed, but whatever. It was a fun 3 days.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6588 on: October 11, 2021, 09:17:41 AM »
Nah, they're counting on getting dudes drunk and selling them completes in an inebriated state for the "I used to skate" crowd to take a few pushes on before it goes in the garage to collect dust.
I take back not being stoked, they’re decent enough people and this is a great business model. Maybe it’ll get some old heads back on, so I can stop being the one the young kids call OG since I’m only 30.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #6589 on: October 11, 2021, 09:42:27 AM »

I love getting wasted and buying Tony Hawk completes.  It's the best.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #6590 on: October 12, 2021, 06:25:27 AM »

I've been watching this mushroom grow in my backyard for the past three days. Never seen anything grow this fast before. Yesterday I was home for a while and it seriously got bigger by the hour.

My 10-year-old was out of town with his grandma this weekend. Kid wasted no time kicking it over and stomping it out as soon as he got home... Kinda bummed, but whatever. It was a fun 3 days.

I had some random shrooms in my backyard a few months ago but this thing is a beast. My son did the same "Hey dad, look a these mushrooms" as he moonwalked through them all

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #6591 on: October 12, 2021, 06:54:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean, bartenders are god pretty much in a bar. Dude could give you free drinks to lower your inhibitions and commit the sin of buying a complete not knowing the dimensions if they're good at their job. All they gotta do is get you to say, "Just put it on my tab!" since you're already buying high priced liquid to turn into urine. You're already literally pissing away your money at the bar.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6592 on: October 12, 2021, 08:35:37 AM »
had to spend insane money on a laptop and some other tech stuff that i need for uni. still stoked since i needed all that shit anyways. i'm ready now.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #6593 on: October 12, 2021, 09:22:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I mean, bartenders are god pretty much in a bar. Dude could give you free drinks to lower your inhibitions and commit the sin of buying a complete not knowing the dimensions if they're good at their job. All they gotta do is get you to say, "Just put it on my tab!" since you're already buying high priced liquid to turn into urine. You're already literally pissing away your money at the bar.

Thats why I retain all my urine for the highest bidder when i’m out.

MaXX_I-D

« Reply #6594 on: October 12, 2021, 09:31:03 AM »
Pluto

Like, being a dwarf planet is cool and all, but it would be really dope if it wasn't a little Kuiper belt bitch and was able to clear its own path(gravitationally speaking).

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #6595 on: October 12, 2021, 04:31:03 PM »
i asked the person I'm seeing if they thought they could "fall in love me." We've been hanging out for 6 weeks. So im basically that guy now

they said yes
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6596 on: October 15, 2021, 04:14:39 AM »
Since Trevor Moore's death seems to be a bunch of reaction videos on YouTube watching whitest kids sketches.
I fucking hate reaction videos they are the laziest least creating way to make 'content'. It's just stealing someone else's work.
But the positive is I guess it might bring new fans to whitest kids you know/Trevor Moore and get more exposure for a sort of under exposed program.
Problem two (and there's no way to explain this without sounding like a snobby dickhead) they arent really getting what the point of a lot of the sketches are about. It's from the "edgy" comedy years so there's some sus stuff but usually it's not actually the point of the sketch. Eg they have a sketch about the grapist which is a dumb mascot for a soda company. The joke isn't that grapist sounds like rapist but about how stupid advertising companies are. But these people just laugh at oh he's gonna grape them that's sooo funny.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6597 on: October 15, 2021, 09:47:27 PM »
got a couch for the first time in my adult life last week. I've always had floor seats or cushions to sit on, or at the kitchen table. So it's kind of cool to be sprawled on the couch right now. And, it sucks because it's awful for my back to be slouched on a couch. already, my hips hate it.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6598 on: October 15, 2021, 10:25:56 PM »
got a couch for the first time in my adult life last week. I've always had floor seats or cushions to sit on, or at the kitchen table. So it's kind of cool to be sprawled on the couch right now. And, it sucks because it's awful for my back to be slouched on a couch. already, my hips hate it.

Yeah gotta be careful. Since covid started I probably spend 10x more time sitting on the couch. But now it's at a point where I can't sit anywhere else for long before my back starts killing.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6599 on: October 16, 2021, 02:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah gotta be careful. Since covid started I probably spend 10x more time sitting on the couch. But now it's at a point where I can't sit anywhere else for long before my back starts killing.

i am so getting a big ass couch whenever i will live without a roommate again. like one of those fat l-shaped ones that are basically a bed with a backrest and with a couch on the side. i sometimes watch louis rossman videos and he sits in this enormous padded chair that makes him look like a midget. i want these things.