Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 710028 times)

LUGR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #6630 on: November 18, 2021, 05:22:35 PM »
I've quit drinking this thursday, probably gonna quit smoking too, it's gonna be a rough few weeks before I feel mentally stable because of withdrawals and what not. The day I quit I couldn't even stand in silence for a few minutes without an uncontrolable urge to cry but I hope I'll feel fine by the end of it.
Props for taking steps toward a healthier life.

Personally, I would focus on one habit at a time instead of putting your self through a double whammy of redefining your habits/addictions. But, everyone handles it differently and I wish you the best of luck.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6631 on: December 02, 2021, 08:49:27 AM »
finished golden kamuy last night but not all the chapters have been released yet so theres the wait. what a story. probably the best ive read

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #6632 on: December 02, 2021, 11:00:50 AM »
Got fired

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #6633 on: December 02, 2021, 11:48:00 AM »
Got fired

that's dope/fucked, hope you recover quickly/are having a good time.

EDIT: lmao, actually i think i just got fired as well. i was about to quit, too, tho, so it's also kind of rad.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 06:47:03 AM by Frank »

abdullah thee butcher

• Rep: -15
« Reply #6634 on: December 06, 2021, 06:26:54 PM »
correct me if mistaken but i thought these 2 n words had beef over trixie and the other one's oldlady. and get a load of these shapes! they're the anti shape, just a roll of plywood bent. i'm curious to try one but not curious enough to part w/ coin to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Qx76_2r1k

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #6635 on: December 09, 2021, 06:06:17 AM »
Just realised I haven't bought a pair of shoes for a year, which is the longest I've gone in my entire life. I still have 30+ pairs tho and I'm not a collector or anything so I'm just thinking about how much money I've wasted.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #6636 on: December 09, 2021, 02:56:55 PM »
Just got a new apartment - stoked!
There's no laundry in the building - unstoked
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #6637 on: December 18, 2021, 01:13:05 PM »
Stoked on christmas cause i love this time of year, not stoked that works so busy, lifes so busy that this month is flying by before i can really enjoy it, damn i miss being a teenager with no responsibilities

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #6638 on: December 19, 2021, 10:39:12 AM »
clear day but new snow everywhere

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #6639 on: December 20, 2021, 11:48:27 PM »
Been looking for a house or room in a share house almost daily for a month. I just declined an offer for a room and the girl proceeded to message me asking if we could hang out. The not stoked part is that I think she's keen but i'm not in a good state to be intimate with people.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6640 on: December 21, 2021, 04:56:11 AM »
Been looking for a house or room in a share house almost daily for a month. I just declined an offer for a room and the girl proceeded to message me asking if we could hang out. The not stoked part is that I think she's keen but i'm not in a good state to be intimate with people.

oh man, i had the same thing, just when i was looking for a roommate. most that got back to me were women, and three of them that declined my room offer wanted to go on a date with me instead after either speaking on the phone or texting about the room. it was weird. i never had so much game, but also wasn't in the mind state to do anything with it... it was kind of puzzling. i ended up going out with one of them, but it turned out she had a boyfriend back home where she wanted to move from, and i just got wasted. another one just ghosted me after i commited to a date with her. number three i just kind of ignored i guess because two dates at the same time is already too much for me to keep track of.

i gave the room to a woman who wasn't into me, now her ex is my roommate, lol.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #6641 on: December 21, 2021, 09:05:55 PM »
i'm pretty sure i've entered the manic phase of bipolar disorder again after being a pile of shit for weeks. i am now becoming a very active pile of shit. gotta stay productive while it lasts and hopefully get a new doctor since my last one left town, a therapist appointment and a new job. it's christmas again and everything sucks, again, and i fucked up everything, again. that's how it goes. 

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6642 on: December 22, 2021, 03:23:23 PM »
I hadn't skated in a few months (fucked up my knee pretty bad and even walking hurt for over a month)... it was a rough session at the park and I struggled on basic tricks. I was pretty bummed, but on the way out some random ass old dude complimented my "gnarly grinds."

Small acts of kindness can go really far.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #6643 on: December 23, 2021, 09:13:08 AM »
^in an adjacent situation rn

Completely botched doing a tail drop off a waist high ledge on Sunday and basically dropped straight onto my knee.

The good:
Feelin like I dodged a bullet: No pop noises, I can walk with no pain, have full range of motion, and have no issues with joint instability; so I don't think I jacked up anything too bad in there.

The bad:
Got some ugly bruises and some water on the knee, so I'm still gonna be out until after new years to be safe.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #6644 on: December 30, 2021, 04:33:18 AM »
Waking up to an email notification that I “won the lottery”.

10 dollars.

Motherfucker that’s not “the lottery”, that’s a negligible consolation prize.  It should just read “sorry man you still have to go to work today”.

Doodily

• Rep: 5
« Reply #6645 on: December 30, 2021, 05:46:24 AM »
Wearing a blue flannel and khaki pants to work; someone said I look like Debo.

You should have snatched their food during lunch break and said "That's my sandwich PUNK!"

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #6646 on: December 31, 2021, 07:50:29 AM »
Did my yearly OCD beverage tally.
204.5Lof ice coffee, 108.75L of soda (290 cans). About 20L more ice coffee than last year and 90 more cans of coke.  But managed to drink 150L more water this year and didn't have a single energy drink and only 3 beers instead of last year 48.
All aspects considerably better than 2019 ( and every year getting way better since I started recording in 2015, which I'm too scared to look at now)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #6647 on: December 31, 2021, 04:46:47 PM »

Got an amp head today. Pretty frickin stoked on it. I saved up for 3 months. I was out looking for a guitar but I couldn't find one that I liked within my price range.

Not stoked on that I have to wait 2 weeks to pick up the amp because it was just sold to them.

Anyway we're recording all the next two weeks I think. I'll be engineering two other projects too.

I'm stoked. We're making 4 more El Dee's pick of the weeks too.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe new years eve.

🔵🟠😘🔴
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
« Reply #6648 on: December 31, 2021, 04:53:13 PM »

Got an amp head today. Pretty frickin stoked on it. I saved up for 3 months. I was out looking for a guitar but I couldn't find one that I liked within my price range.

Not stoked on that I have to wait 2 weeks to pick up the amp because it was just sold to them.

Anyway we're recording all the next two weeks I think. I'll be engineering two other projects too.

🔵🟠😘🔴

Is that an X60B? Fun ol’ amp.

What type of guitar are you looking for ideally?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6649 on: December 31, 2021, 04:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote

🔵🟠😘🔴
[close]

Is that an X60B? Fun ol’ amp.

What type of guitar are you looking for ideally?

I'm just trying to get an Epiphone Les Paul or SG. I looked at some Gretsch jr's but was just out of reach.
(A)pl(E)

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #6650 on: January 01, 2022, 11:28:13 AM »
I break out into itchy hives every three months like clockwork. It's some sort of dermatitis. Woke up today with about 15% of my body covered in patches of the little itchy buggers. Any sort of physical activity with them feels terrible. Kinda stoked to get it over with this week because the weather is shitty and I can't skate anyways.   ;D
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6651 on: January 01, 2022, 11:47:53 AM »
I break out into itchy hives every three months like clockwork. It's some sort of dermatitis. Woke up today with about 15% of my body covered in patches of the little itchy buggers. Any sort of physical activity with them feels terrible. Kinda stoked to get it over with this week because the weather is shitty and I can't skate anyways.   ;D

I been living with this since the flood almost 18 months ago.

I'm sorry you gotta deal with this too. It's horrendous.

(A)pl(E)

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6652 on: January 02, 2022, 09:41:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I been living with this since the flood almost 18 months ago.

I'm sorry you gotta deal with this too. It's horrendous.

No longer stoked, it's all over my face now. Really fucking itchy, and weeps. My face is so swollen, I can barely open my eyes, I look nothing like myself. I've been taking a bunch of Benadryl and applying antihistamine cream. Evidently, I'm extremely allergic to urushiol in food. Looking and feeling like a Cronenberg. Fuck this.  :(

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #6653 on: January 03, 2022, 08:32:09 PM »
I've spent years trying to remember what the graphic was from my (neighbor's) childhood board I knee pushed on as a kid. Really hoping I could at least find a clear image I could turn into a poster to hang up. All it took was 10 minutes of searching on Art of Skateboarding and I found it! Holy shit!!! Unfortunately it turned out to be the pro model for Chris Gentry, so... nevermind lol  ;D

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6654 on: January 04, 2022, 02:10:37 PM »
My hot water heater took a shit. Had to dig into the ever depleting savings to fund a new one, but my dad help me install it so I didn't do too bad.

I was really worried it was going to totally bleed me dry, but it's almost tax season and I literally had $0 in my savings this time last year. After replacing the water heater and bitching about how much I hate my house, I realized that the only appliance type thing I haven't replaced is the furnace. Been at the house 4 years and we've redone every bedroom, everyone has gotten a new bed, TVs and furnature. New TV in the living room, new couch and table, new dining room table and chairs, completely redone kitchen with all new appliances, new washer, dryer, and drain tub, and now finally the hot water heater. When I look at it all together, it kinda feels like somewhat of an accomplishment on this dump. Stoked on that.

Watch my fucking roof cave in next month...

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #6655 on: January 04, 2022, 03:09:23 PM »
Feel you on the house maintenance.  We moved into a fairly solid fixer upper last year, and most of our work has been cosmetic (new floors and paint everywhere but the kitchen and bathrooms), but about to drop some cash on cleaning the furnace, ducts, raising the hot water heater that’s sitting in a puddle, topping up the oil, property taxes, etc.  My partner makes good money and has healthy savings, but I’m flat broke trying to keep up with the house, car repairs, and other bills.  My debt load isn’t the worst right now, but I’m terrified that one big repair will ruin me.  Too much pride to let her take on more than 50%, though.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6656 on: January 08, 2022, 12:09:37 PM »
I haven‘t skated for over a month due to health issues but today I visited my brother in law who skated as a kid and he proposed a game of skate in his garage. Dude hasn‘t skated in almost 20 years but gave me a letter on a kickflip… he was riding a vintage 7.5“ toothpick with pink Ventures.  ;D I wasn’t stoked on that but I saved my face by busting out a heelflip first try, which got me stoked.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #6657 on: January 09, 2022, 05:31:06 PM »
My son pulled an ancient set up (Justin Brock with my old 129s) out of the garage and asked if he could use it to start skating in the Spring (full blown winter here) - so there's the stoked part. But he's 14 so he'll probably lose all interest once it's above freezing.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6658 on: January 19, 2022, 07:34:54 PM »
I saw Jeffwon Song at the skatepark today.

What a fucking show that was.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

PuffinMuffin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6659 on: January 19, 2022, 08:22:51 PM »
Been hitting the PT hard. Knees have been feeling more stable but the type of pain has changed. Instead of pain deep within the joint, it feels more located on the outside of the joints. I've been told this is normal because the tendons are stretching.