Author Topic: Josh Swindell and Danny Way  (Read 51520 times)

headlock

Re: Josh Swindell and Danny Way
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 10:02:35 PM »
FUCK....in NO WAY SHAPE OR FOR did i mean it to sound like that...ive had a few beers, and i was ONLY referring to his STREET SKATING ....i apologize if anyone took in that sense...i have nothing but the deepest respect for dway....i'm sorry, i'm out....i feel really bad...

cold budweisers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 10:35:20 PM »
Listening to Limp Wrist at the moment.
fuck yeah

isaac

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 10:40:36 PM »
FUCK....in NO WAY SHAPE OR FOR did i mean it to sound like that...ive had a few beers, and i was ONLY referring to his STREET SKATING ....i apologize if anyone took in that sense...i have nothing but the deepest respect for dway....i'm sorry, i'm out....i feel really bad...

you're drunk, i don't think anyone took it in a bad way. D. Way as street skills, there is no doubt. i just wish we'd see more of them.

bobjohn

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 01:04:56 AM »
Way would have done some hard time if he participated in a beating, even if only a minor role, that lead to a man's death.

Jay Adams, on the other hand, participated (albeit, a minor role) in a gaybashing incident which eventually led to a man's death. He only did a few months. Then again, back in the early '80s that kind of stuff was less frowned upon--the bashing, that is.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2007, 03:52:36 AM »
homeboy back in 2000 was building an amazing garden at his house,, he used to update me from time to time,,, behind what he does on a skateboard? the dude excels at anything he touches,, he would also be a fucking fantastic rythm guitarist in a thrash metal band for sure..

that being said,, i dont believe any of those articles,, i would rather take the info from a close word of mouth (i.e. snach) then some over hyped news report,,im sure danny did some shit when he was younger,, most have to an extent,, but this story sounds like some wierd altercation and it loosely places way at the scene let alone apart of it,,,if swindell was knee deep in shit at the time? i could easily see him trying to pass the rap on someone else even on danny,,,shit!! when i was 20 an old friend of mine showed up to a place i was at, i hadnt seen him in at least a year,, anyways, i asked him to give me a ride back to my place at the end of the night,, he ended up crashing the car (which i found out later was a jacked car) it sent me to the hospital.. and thousands upon thousands of dollars in healthcare insurance i had my face back and my skull glue back together,(due to the crash) i was realesed to find out that the car was a theft and the police were laughing because my friend tried to tell them that i was driving the car,, even though ,, i had a seriouse right shoulder bruise and the fact that hee had the "jeep" logo in dented in his chest,,, rumors are rumors,, whatever happened? happened,, dont defame danny though,, you dont know him,, hell? i hardley know him...in a shorter term,, dont make assumptions

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2007, 08:01:03 AM »

--Vibetek--

• Rep: 7
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2007, 08:25:26 AM »
I have no idea what happened, and apparently no one else does either. I'm a bit unsure why it's taboo to ask questions.

Someone said they knew for a fact that Danny wasn't even there and was in fact passed out at the bar while it happened. If thats so tell us how you know this. So we can put it to rest.

Who's afraid of truth?

It's taboo to ask questions because it's probably very insulting and upsetting to the people involved. It's called tact.

It was me who brought up the fact that Danny was passed out at the time. It was reported in Big Brother not long after it happened and this fact was brought up to show that he was not involved.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that this sort of thing would have warranted a huge investigation and trial. The fact that he was found not to be involved during THAT would be my proof more so than the hearsay, rumours and third hand information that you seem to be dredging up to base your assumptions and accusations on.

You really need to let it go.
"Big sky looking down at all the people looking up at the big sky"

bornindabay

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2007, 08:41:45 AM »
homeboy back in 2000 was building an amazing garden at his house,, he used to update me from time to time,,, behind what he does on a skateboard? the dude excels at anything he touches,, he would also be a fucking fantastic rythm guitarist in a thrash metal band for sure..

That's so true. Koston is like that too. Danny was a pretty sick motor crosser before the neck injury too. He rode with "moto"    pros and I think at least got flowed in motocross. Was a pro snowboarder like overnight. Was featured in surf videos surfing. I think he won some xtreme game triathalon. I know- I know. Just trying to show he's good at whatever he touches. Didn't say he wasn't a jock.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 08:43:52 AM by bornindabay »

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 09:03:15 AM »
whos going to slayer this weekend?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 09:15:51 AM »
I listened to Reign In Blood this morning. It's what 20 or so years old? I've listened to it countless times since the early '90's and it still gets me so pumped (not sheckles style).

bornindabay

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 09:35:58 AM »
I like south of heaven. That shit is like a gallon of energy drink.

Metallica made me hyped too. OF COURSE EARLIER METALICA.
I hope they come back. They were always glam and that was the problem.
It only got worse and more cheesy.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 09:38:44 AM by bornindabay »

sweatloaf

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2007, 09:39:44 AM »
I listened to Reign In Blood this morning. It's what 20 or so years old? I've listened to it countless times since the early '90's and it still gets me so pumped (not sheckles style).
I would Reign in Blood is the best music to listen to while skating a backyard mini ramp with a couple of beers in me.

--Vibetek--

• Rep: 7
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2007, 09:46:41 AM »

It's funny, I always pictured the EMB crew smokin blunts and bumpin to hip hop but there you were heshin out.
"Big sky looking down at all the people looking up at the big sky"

bornindabay

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 10:05:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's funny, I always pictured the EMB crew smokin blunts and bumpin to hip hop but there you were heshin out.

I liked both. I got my early rock influences from Real. I was listening to a lot of ACDC then, which seemed like the Real
skateboards band. Also was listening to Rbl, 415, Coug-nut, too short, and of course a lot of stuff out of the bay. I hated
Slayer but after being forced to listen to it enough times you end up knowing the song order and liking certain songs.
Slayer is pretty sick. But no, there was no eye opening transformation into tight pants.

colin

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
Huh, I always thought NickDagger was just trying to be random and funny when he was doing that shit.

Nick, I saw this thing on irakny the other day; it was statistics. Between 2001 and 2005, approximately 3000 Americans died from terrorism. During that same time, something llike 4 million Americans died from smoking-related illnesses and heart disease. Maybe you should start fighting cigarettes and mcdonals:

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2007, 10:39:41 AM »
yeah i agree but my favorite is still seasons in the abyss...war ensamble, dead skin mask, tt......best by far in my eyes

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »
word of mouth (i.e. snach)

funny typo, can we call you snack?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 11:02:51 AM »

Rob.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2007, 11:16:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yeah i agree but my favorite is still seasons in the abyss...war ensamble, dead skin mask, tt......best by far in my eyes

yup, we listened to it at work yesterday. was looking at the inlay book and was stunned it was 1990. stupid long ago.
i was at the concert for the war ensemble vid.
*cmoac*

someone told me they were splitting up?

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »
i like "the decade of agression disc1-2" from 92, slayer was at there peak at that point,, one of the best live recordings ever, imo.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2007, 11:20:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

yup, we listened to it at work yesterday. was looking at the inlay book and was stunned it was 1990. stupid long ago.
i was at the concert for the war ensemble vid.
*cmoac*

someone told me they were splitting up?

Your avatar and response made me think of this

fuckingvegan

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 11:37:44 AM »
I am still laughing at Henry saying back side Indy, that is the only Indy air. :)

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 11:48:25 AM »
i hate slayer. i think they are extremely over-rated.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 11:55:41 AM »

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2007, 12:03:15 PM »
you are alone on that one...although I dont like anything ne they put out..christ illusion was a big a-a-a-a.....meh

and BB,  respect

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2007, 12:05:16 PM »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2007, 12:17:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you are alone on that one...although I dont like anything ne they put out..christ illusion was a big a-a-a-a.....meh

and BB,  respect

a few of my friends don't like them. we just listened to their songs and realized it's the same five notes over and over. and i saw them live and they have a horrible stage presence. the only song i can listen to is "seasons in the abyss" because it reminds me of gilley's part in labelkills.

Lurkenstock

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2007, 12:46:32 PM »
You saw Slayer live and say they have a horrible stage prescence?
Are you fucking kidding or just really, really dumb?
I guess that's your opinion, but I'm super into metal and have seen tons upon tons of shows over the years and Slayer blows fucking doors on anybody live that I can think of 'til this day. Bar none.
They have been doing it for like 25 years and still blow anybody and everybody off the map, its not even close.
Trust me, I just saw them like 7 months ago and they destroyed it from note one until the last encore, truly a mesemerizing experience of shock and awe.

But let's get back to Danny Way.
As much as I like the guy, when he was younger I heard he was a real jackass.
Apparently shot a horse with a shotgun.
But you didn't hear that from me.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2007, 12:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote
No, you weren't "asking questions".

You were fucking spamming the board with pointless posts.
[close]
You know your annoying when JT says your spamming (much of which is about Cole) sucks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:48:56 PM by ATMurrell »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2007, 02:15:01 PM »

This hangs beside me when I am on the computer and it gives me power to overcome the hate of North Carolina.