Author Topic: slave  (Read 4619 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: slave
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 08:21:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
they're sick if you like riding around with racist slurs under your feet
[close]
FUCK YEA BITCH
[close]
"Nigger" is a racial slur.
"Slave" is term with a bad connotation.
[close]

oh shit..............its the "N" word. havent heard that one on here since dylan from lostboys. i really hope he died or has leprosy .
Jamie posted it a few days ago in the Jack Curtin thread.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2007, 12:26:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
FUCK YEA BITCH
[close]
[close]

oh shit..............its the "N" word. havent heard that one on here since dylan from lostboys. i really hope he died or has leprosy .
[close]
leave me out of this, i was joking

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2007, 07:24:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
FUCK YEA BITCH
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
leave me out of this, i was joking
Its too late now.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »
picklesickleshovels a racist. i bet hes burning a giant cross in his front yard right now...........jk.

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -464
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 12:03:55 PM »
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

fahque

• Rep: 3
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 05:46:24 PM »
thank god joe goeman and anthony shultz actually ride for a great brand now.those dudes kill it.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2007, 06:48:16 PM »
thank god joe goeman and anthony shultz actually ride for a great brand now.those dudes kill it.
I agree about Joe, but how the fuck can you call Black Label shitty?

creativityisking

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »
the name is fucking moronic

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2007, 02:45:15 PM »
Isn't his name Jon instead of Joe?

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2007, 03:31:01 PM »
buying slaves arent sick

SLAP is for the haters.

creativityisking

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2007, 03:34:05 PM »
i am against slave trade

Asylum

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 04:44:38 PM »
Shultz rules. All the guys at our shop are riding Slave decks and say they are really good. I prefer DLX wood, but I'll have to try a Slave and see how it feels just for shits and giggles.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
the only complaints ive ever had with black box products is that they always fall in the pool about 3 days in.

besides that id say this deck was pretty good

biggums mcgee

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 06:11:28 PM »
funny how so many people swear on deluxe..

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 07:02:46 PM »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 07:07:38 PM by koots »
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »
Isn't his name Jon instead of Joe?

Yes.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
I finally saw some Slave decks and that stuff is super clean.  The shapes are more rounded with a good concave which I like.  Wasn't too big on the Zero shapes which had a delayed kick(?) nose and tail I believe.  Is that right Jaime or is there another term for the Zero shape?

Sheep

• Rep: -10
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
FUCK YEA BITCH
[close]
I agree slave is not a racial slur, but it would seem kinda akward to see a brother rockin' a tee with the word SLAVE written real big on it.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2007, 06:29:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
FUCK YEA BITCH
[close]
[close]
I agree slave is not a racial slur, but it would seem kinda akward to see a brother rockin' a tee with the word SLAVE written real big on it.
I think that's where the $ part of $lave comes in... they're trying to imply slaves to society? Am I right, Jamie?

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2007, 07:36:07 PM »
being black and all i would never purchase anything that says slave on it.
IF YOU HAVE SEX ONCE, YOU GET HERPES. IF YOU DO COKE ONCE, YOU DIE AND LOSE YOUR JOB.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2007, 01:40:36 AM »

You're from Atlanta?
You've had 2 Chula Vista Avatars this week.
Who's your CV footy connection.

PS. What's the 'and all' after black for?
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2007, 01:54:36 AM »
Who did the graphics for the boards/shirts?

lolomg1111

• Rep: -7
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2007, 01:55:49 AM »

Not all slaves are or were black obviously. But how fucking dumb do you have to be to realize they mean slave to society and shit? Its not that hard. Open your minds and stop nit picking. You guys are giving yourselves ulcers over the dumbest stuff. If puelo or ricky started a company called slave you guys would be like "man thats so sick, it has such a sick east coast vibe, by slave they mean slave to wallstreet". If someone came into our local shop with some of the kookiest and unreasonable shit you guys say, you'd be laughed out of the shop.

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2007, 02:10:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're from Atlanta?
You've had 2 Chula Vista Avatars this week.
Who's your CV footy connection.

PS. What's the 'and all' after black for?
not from atlanta i just go there a bunch and stuffs

ps. thats just how i talk
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 02:16:33 AM by purple »

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2007, 02:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not all slaves are or were black obviously. But how fucking dumb do you have to be to realize they mean slave to society and shit? Its not that hard. Open your minds and stop nit picking. You guys are giving yourselves ulcers over the dumbest stuff. If puelo or ricky started a company called slave you guys would be like "man thats so sick, it has such a sick east coast vibe, by slave they mean slave to wallstreet". If someone came into our local shop with some of the kookiest and unreasonable shit you guys say, you'd be laughed out of the shop.
ok my mom is all super rasta and stuff and suppose i show up with a slave shirt that says slave all of over it  my mom would look at me like completely  regular and bitch a me about white people and so on and tell me how its glorifying  slavery ..im pretty sure any other black mom would say the same shit. and where did this east coast shit come in it wouldnt matter who came up with a name i personally would still think the same about

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2007, 02:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
ok my mom is all super rasta and stuff and suppose i show up with a slave shirt that says slave all of over it  my mom would look at me like completely  regular and bitch a me about white people and so on and tell me how its glorifying  slavery ..im pretty sure any other black mom would say the same shit. and where did this east coast shit come in it wouldnt matter who came up with a name i personally would still think the same about

I hear what you're saying, and in my opinion, that's what makes Slave cool, it's controversial and not for everybody. That will make the few people that do like it, like it that much more. But, you could go the 'black power' route and tell your mom you're wearing it because you're pissed that the black man is a slave to the white devil...and this how you deal with it. By provoking thought.

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

lurk daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • put the FU back in fun
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2007, 02:53:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I hear what you're saying, and in my opinion, that's what makes Slave cool, it's controversial and not for everybody. That will make the few people that do like it, like it that much more. But, you could go the 'black power' route and tell your mom you're wearing it because you're pissed that the black man is a slave to the white devil...and this how you deal with it. By provoking thought.

gotcha ;)

jawntis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2007, 02:57:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I actually really like the design/artistic direction of $lave, but i would honestly feel weird rockin' a shirt that said "$lave" on it, despite it being clear, at least to me, that it's not referencing black slavery, but because some more ignorant people wouldn't understand the message, and when seeing it would assume i think i feel like i'm a "slave" when they'd most probably say that i have "no idea what it's like being a slave." oh well, i don't have money for skate clothes anyway. rent rules... speaking of which, jamie, want to hook up a SLAP brother with a job?

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2007, 08:46:42 AM »
I'm surprised anyone read anything racial into $lave... it's like when people write Micro$oft... it's a jab at corporately-run society. At least that's how I read it.

I dig the board graphic with Rumsfeld done up as a fang toothed monster.

leon

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2007, 09:15:49 AM »
i am against slave trade
if i didn't have them it would mean more cleaning for me