Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 219255 times)

guy le douche

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #1020 on: May 19, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
can't they just create a tight new city and add impossibles and no comply's or something like that
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 01:25:51 PM by guy le douche »

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1021 on: May 19, 2008, 01:19:36 PM »
At one point, this spot was nothing but back yards. I'm pretty positive

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/1097017.aspx
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1022 on: May 19, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »

I like you man, but I know 100% positively that this is not true.  I'm a pretty big videogame nerd.

frisco

« Reply #1023 on: May 19, 2008, 01:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like you man, but I know 100% positively that this is not true.  I'm a pretty big videogame nerd.

i have to agree with jesus on this one, makes no sense that EA would do random updates of hidden backyard spots, maybe you just never noticed them before

SKATE 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ea.com/skate/theater.jsp?mediaID=deuce0514&media=videos

Expand Quote
Recently, EA announced it was working on Skate 2 for PS3 and Xbox 360. And that's about all EA was willing to say about the sequel. However, the official Skate website has several teaser videos. None show gameplay, but two of the videos provide hints on the setup for Skate 2.

According to the videos, five years have passed and San Vanelona is very different place. Shortly after you won Skater of the Year, your character disappeared. No one knows what happened to him, but the skaters of San Vanelona hope he'll come back. And they need you. In the past five years, the cops have cracked down on skaters. Caps were put on rails to make it almost impossible to grind and "No Skating" signs are everywhere.

San Vanelona was once a paradise for skaters. Now it's their worst nightmare.
[close]

There's 2 more videos on the playlist to the right once you click the 1st link.  It's pro's explaining the "story" of Skate 2 basically.

I cannot wait for this game.

A friend of mine works at the EA main office in Burnaby BC, last year he tested NHL 08 all summer and knew the new jerseys before they got released, he also got to play skate during his lunchbreak before it was released, hes going back this summer and will most likely get a good look at SKATE 2, so i'll relay any info i get to you guys

and yea, the premise sucks

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #1024 on: May 19, 2008, 02:13:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Recently, EA announced it was working on Skate 2 for PS3 and Xbox 360. And that's about all EA was willing to say about the sequel. However, the official Skate website has several teaser videos. None show gameplay, but two of the videos provide hints on the setup for Skate 2.

According to the videos, five years have passed and San Vanelona is very different place. Shortly after you won Skater of the Year, your character disappeared. No one knows what happened to him, but the skaters of San Vanelona hope he'll come back. And they need you. In the past five years, the cops have cracked down on skaters. Caps were put on rails to make it almost impossible to grind and "No Skating" signs are everywhere.

San Vanelona was once a paradise for skaters. Now it's their worst nightmare.
[close]

A friend of mine works at the EA main office in Burnaby BC, last year he tested NHL 08 all summer and knew the new jerseys before they got released, he also got to play skate during his lunchbreak before it was released, hes going back this summer and will most likely get a good look at SKATE 2, so i'll relay any info i get to you guys

and yea, the premise sucks

God that premise sounds horrible. Its on some Tony Hawk level shit. I hope its not just the same city with more security and all you have to do is find a way to unskatestop it. That would be horrible.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1025 on: May 19, 2008, 02:43:17 PM »
they're not that stupid

cat

« Reply #1026 on: May 19, 2008, 04:33:38 PM »
whats a premise

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1027 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26:39 PM »
dumb story aside it will still be a fun game.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #1028 on: May 19, 2008, 07:32:45 PM »
honestly, you dont play this game for the career mode anyway.

new spots, new skaters, some new product and a better online server is all they really need.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1029 on: May 19, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well, that's the only spot I vividly remember being nothing but backyards surrounded by tall, impenitrable shrubbery. It's just that I had the game for a looong time before getting xbox live, and I tried to make it a point to skate every back alley to boredom before getting it. But yeah, I'm not going to say I'm right, I can't find anything on the internet regarding new spots, even people rumoring on paralell messageboards.

But either way, whether there's new spots, or I'm just discovering shit 9 months into heavy gameplay, it's fucking rad.

I wouldn't be too bummed if someone without xbox live searched out that spot and the nearby big O replica (in huge halfpipish drainage ditch next to the p-rod bleachered tennis court, similar to the one in the people's center or whatever) disproved me. Do you not have xbox live, Jesus?

And yeah, as for skate2, skate1 had the least cheasy gameplay of any skateboarding game ever, and I still fucking hated it. But untill the gameplay for the Skate games starts to include assholes in crushed velvet jackets, gator boots and sunglasses approaching you to do a "run up the wall back-flip to 10 second long natas spin on 3 poles without hitting the ground", ea Skate gameplay will be nowhere near as gay as the THPS franchise.

But seriously, if anyone with sway reads this, please just put out an "unlock fucking everything" cheat for us non-gamers, the only thing thps did right a few times.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

bothersome

« Reply #1030 on: May 19, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
I found both spots eric,no x box live yet....

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1031 on: May 19, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »

that's me at :11 right now

sorry, guyz  :(

bothersome

« Reply #1032 on: May 19, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »
Your excitement about possible new spots got me all riled up to skate something new.
I searched all over.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #1033 on: May 19, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »

same here

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1034 on: May 19, 2008, 10:03:04 PM »
Hopefully they implement Burnout Paradise's online system.  Anybody that's played it well know its fucking amazing.  To clicks over on the d-pad and  your're instantly online.  I think it would work perfectly with SKATE, and the open world it has.  They're both EA games so they can share the online code.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1035 on: May 20, 2008, 01:06:19 AM »
i'm hoping they add downloadable content like i hear they're doing for the new gta, even if its costs some money, 10 bucks and download a new city or even some skateparks would be fucking rad

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1036 on: May 20, 2008, 07:25:52 AM »
i'm hoping they add downloadable content like i hear they're doing for the new gta, even if its costs some money, 10 bucks and download a new city or even some skateparks would be fucking rad

The developers already said they aren't doing any DLC, they're just focusing on SKATE 2.

BriDen

« Reply #1037 on: May 20, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »
I didn't realize how insanely hardcore the advertising was until Pierce mentioned it. I was freeskating on Live last night and 90 fucking percent of the adverts were the one in the middle.

And I guess Subway is going after the gay skater demographic. The quality isnt as good on here but in the game you can read the fine print.

Also, when you're skating downtown, there's building where the streets around it are in sort of a HUB style, and the middle one has a NYSE type scrolling text, and one of the things was for Tommy Guerrero tickets. I thought that was cool.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1038 on: May 20, 2008, 02:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The developers already said they aren't doing any DLC, they're just focusing on SKATE 2.
Ya i was referring to skate 2, would make much sense to add it to the first one now

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #1039 on: May 20, 2008, 04:15:37 PM »
That storyline sounds bad. Like Bill said, it would suck if they just changed some shit around in the SV from skate 1. I want a whole new city.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #1040 on: May 20, 2008, 06:14:58 PM »
But seriously, if anyone with sway reads this, please just put out an "unlock fucking everything" cheat for us non-gamers, the only thing thps did right a few times.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #1041 on: May 20, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that and make the city some sort of japan/australia/paris super city and add distinction between backside and frontside flips so games of skate make more sense. i fucking hate doing a bigspin flip and having the other dude just flail frontside and it still counts. and add in an option to walk so i dont have to spend 15 minutes finding a way up the stairs when all i really want to do is catch a phat air frontflip into a hella coffin.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1042 on: May 20, 2008, 08:59:09 PM »
The whole San Vanelona getting capped thing is probably just their way of closing down the first game before they introduce us to the new city for the second game. They wouldn't be stupid enough to make the entire game revolve around un-capping the same shit.

frisco

« Reply #1043 on: May 20, 2008, 09:55:09 PM »
it would be so unstoking if they didnt have new spots, i dont mean some new spots but alot of new spots. they should just create a whole new city

either way they hopefully will adapt a better "spot save" application

better online server

adjustable camera angles

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1044 on: May 20, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »
well the citys called Žnew san vanelonaŽ, judging from skate 1`s ultra lame methods its going to be somewhat new york inspired, which sounds good. but yes hopefully its all new, any re used city would be terrible. and jon west better be in on the promo videos and shit
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #1045 on: May 21, 2008, 01:41:20 AM »
it would be so unstoking if they didnt have new spots, i dont mean some new spots but alot of new spots. they should just create a whole new city

either way they hopefully will adapt a better "spot save" application

better online server

adjustable camera angles

The game needs what those Driver games used to have, movable tripod cameras and shit.

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #1046 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13:16 AM »
i mentioned this way earlier in this thread, but it would be great if the sun actually moved, maybe quicker than realtime, similiar to GTA, so that spots that are currently always in shadow are sometimes in the sun, and vice versa.  this should be an option you can turn on and off. 

in freeskate, you should be able to TURN OFF the other pro skaters, like security.  i'm so sick of dill right in front of the spot.

also, the replay/media browser was really disappointing to me, you can only save 8 clips per profile, and actually viewing them is such a pain in the ass.  i don't understand why i'm limited to 8 10 meg clips when i have an 80 gig hard drive.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #1047 on: May 21, 2008, 10:06:51 AM »

in freeskate, you should be able to TURN OFF the other pro skaters, like security.  i'm so sick of dill right in front of the spot.

this is a great idea.  One of my favorite spots to skate always has 3 pro's there constantly.  It's annoying to have to time everything out so you don't hit them head on.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #1048 on: May 22, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »
skate it is for thw ii is gonna be fucking sick! i hear they're gonna have an option where you can play with the wii balance board. that would beinteresting. the DS version is probably just gonna use the touch screen as the flick-it. i wanna check this game out

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1049 on: May 22, 2008, 07:42:58 PM »
skate it is for thw ii is gonna be fucking sick! i hear they're gonna have an option where you can play with the wii balance board. that would beinteresting. the DS version is probably just gonna use the touch screen as the flick-it. i wanna check this game out

do you know if stefan is going to be in Skate 2?