Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 219878 times)

Universal Remonster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #600 on: December 28, 2007, 11:31:01 PM »
waiting for gamer id to be matched or whatever, sux
you mean the email?

i think its just fucked

BriDen

« Reply #601 on: December 29, 2007, 01:48:50 AM »
Expand Quote
4.) Make it easier to skate tranny, the guys skates tranny like a street skater, it makes it very hard to do stalls on a quarterpipe. (maybe I am just bad)

7.) Permanent reset points, so I can make multiple reset points that show up on the map as if they are subway stations and I can always go back to them, I always find sick spots then cant find them again and its annoying.

8.) More Camera Angles, the replay angles look like they were shot by James Cameron, You dont often see cranes set up every time someone tries to back lip a handrail. It would be cool if you had a long lense shot from far away but also when a camera man is following you and you hit a set that doesnt have a ramp next to it, he stops at the top of the set as hes filming.

feel free to add to it.
[close]
How about more maneuverability? It seems that it's kinda hard to get your skater out of a corner when he's stuck... but maybe that's just me.
So far I haven't really skated any one spot for a while... I am fond of the subway station in the suburbs with the transitioned pillars. I usually just cruise around through the city. Anyone else do that?
Getting out of corners does suck, but I think that you'll be able to get off of your board in the 2nd one.
Better tranny ability would be cool too, it's impossible to make and rock/disaster look cool.
PLEASE better camera angles. I'm almost done re-creating a part, but I had to do tricks tons of times cuz the angles are so bad.
And yes, I spend most of the time cruising. put a reset point up at the top of the res and keep going till emb

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #602 on: December 29, 2007, 09:19:42 AM »
you guys must suck, the tranny skating in this game is amazing, just always take a couple walls beneath the coping before you try any lips tricks and its a snap

bothersome

« Reply #603 on: December 29, 2007, 09:39:31 AM »
I can pump and carve and do the occasional pop to smith,tail,lip trick, dont some blunts on mellower banks and quarters.
carving through a pool is pretty damn amazing though, the one in the res is so fun once you get the hang of it.

Sherlock

• Rep: -6
  • mrow mrow mrow mrow
« Reply #604 on: December 29, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »
playing SKATE on this is regular. ill do a late shuvit sometimes and theyll count it as an ollie

cahl

« Reply #605 on: December 29, 2007, 10:09:26 AM »

into bank

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #606 on: December 29, 2007, 10:28:21 AM »
That's sick. I just learned those on curbs.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #607 on: December 29, 2007, 10:34:53 AM »
I always wake up thinking I want nothing to do but lurk slap, untill I stumble onto this thread

It then becomes a battle of the titans for what gets to become my morning's brain warm-up.

I wonder how many people have back noseblunted that banked ledge! That thing's so fun. I learned all pivot fakie and pivot 270 variations on that thing. Kickflip back nosegrind to pivot in is very satisfying.

What are it's coordinates? I'm having trouble finding it.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #608 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57:08 AM »
Has anybody else gotten to the point where its not really fun to play for more than like 45 minutes anymore?  Like I can do any trick I want and basically have, and I've probably put in about 100 hours to the game since I got it in September.  It's always fun to just pop it in and cruise around from the Suburbs to downtown, sorta like ATM was talking about, but I always end up feeling like I've done everything a million times.  I was thinking about trying to recreate a video part that seems to be all the rage.  I'm probably just like the only one thats nerded out for that much time on this game though.

A-Bo

« Reply #609 on: December 29, 2007, 11:01:54 AM »
noo i feel the same way, like when i first got I would session a gap seeing if I could each new trick until I could tre flip it or nollie bigspin it, you know something hard but realistic and on a rail my holy grail would be when I could kicky back noseblunt it, but now those are really easy and not fun. I miss the mystery of when I first got it, of like "how the hell did i make it hardflip?!" and stuff like that. Im a hill bomber now.

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #610 on: December 29, 2007, 12:12:29 PM »
i can't ever get tired of ledges, especially that ledge spot at the top of old town.

i did a cabflip back tail this morning, my bread and butter is back180 fakie 5-0 cab out, always looks good

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #611 on: December 29, 2007, 12:52:18 PM »
if you find yourself getting bored try to start finding some good 5 or 6 trick lines to hit. kept me up till 5 yesterday

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #612 on: December 29, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »
I just found the funnest spot ever. Its like a long gap that lands perpendicular into a hill, so you land so fast. And then of course you have to push your luck and try flat tricks when your going fast down the hill.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #613 on: December 29, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »
Has anyone here finished the game completely? I've got two more goals, the last Thrasher ones where you have to film in a no skate zone. Where'd you guys do those?

A-Bo

« Reply #614 on: December 29, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
I did it at the library, I never did the last goal at Danny's mega compound, that doesnt unlock anything does it?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #615 on: December 29, 2007, 04:46:33 PM »
Thanks... and I think doing the jam unlocks all the goals you didn't do throughout the story.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #616 on: December 29, 2007, 05:49:27 PM »
I'm pretty stoked, I just found this long ass ditch on the edge of the suburbs with a Big O replica in it.

cat

« Reply #617 on: December 29, 2007, 06:58:03 PM »
Has anyone here finished the game completely? I've got two more goals, the last Thrasher ones where you have to film in a no skate zone. Where'd you guys do those?

i finished every single thing, DEM BONEZ was fucking hard to get

Raw!!!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
  • ackrite
« Reply #618 on: December 29, 2007, 07:24:36 PM »
I dont think I've done a goal since the first 2 weeks I got the game, Im stuck at a point where all I can do is a couple frustrating filming goals.

frizz

• Rep: 2
« Reply #619 on: December 29, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »
Paul Rodriguez Forecast remake

eh homeboy, where the fucks is the spot that you did the nollie heel/nollie back heel on? its like through some bushes over a grass hill and a sidewalk in the suburbs somewhere?

i've spent the better part of my weekend hunting for that shit.

baxter

« Reply #620 on: December 30, 2007, 12:35:20 AM »
Im at the point were I have to get a enviormental photo for the skateboard mag, but how the fuck do you get enough speed/pop to get over the bus stop. Any awnsers would be helpful.

pher

• Rep: 0
« Reply #621 on: December 30, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »
its all about mega ramp bails.....crhsit air frontflips = 13 bones crushed....hall of meat is the true challenge of ea SKATE

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #622 on: December 30, 2007, 01:30:47 AM »
ya i wanna just like remake Sorry or something, i think they have all those spots.

so hows that coming?

A-Bo

« Reply #623 on: December 30, 2007, 02:51:18 AM »
I still dont know how to get internet on my PS3 after that hurdle it will be smooth sailing im sure, haha

toy machine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
« Reply #624 on: December 30, 2007, 03:41:48 AM »
I thought the campaign for skate was really shitty, its not worth doing it if you ask me. But the game is still fucking sick.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #625 on: December 30, 2007, 06:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i finished every single thing, DEM BONEZ was fucking hard to get
haha seriously? I got him in an afternoon, all you need to do is push full speed down hills and try and run into cars, or air off the side of the mega ramp into the x games street course.
Im at the point were I have to get a enviormental photo for the skateboard mag, but how the fuck do you get enough speed/pop to get over the bus stop. Any awnsers would be helpful.
That one's hard, push once and get a lot of pop off the edge of the kicker. I can't really help you with that one, I don't remember doing it well enough.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:33:45 AM by ATMurrell »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #626 on: December 30, 2007, 06:32:40 AM »
Has anyone else skated the parking garage near Hubba and Embarcadero?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:34:33 AM by ATMurrell »

cahl

« Reply #627 on: December 30, 2007, 08:29:48 AM »
if you speak of the one with curved rails on the top floor then yes

bothersome

« Reply #628 on: December 30, 2007, 09:51:29 AM »
the parkade is sick. i need to explore oldtown a bit more, a lot of it is so steep you can't really session one thing.

baxter

« Reply #629 on: December 30, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »
I haven't found ether yet, where are they?