Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 220002 times)

Ernest Borgnine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #2280 on: January 22, 2009, 11:58:37 PM »
10 out of a possible 10.

I've just been cruisng around, getting familiarized with the new spots.  Check out this Top Gun jet fighter line I did.

http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/172222280.aspx#Display

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #2281 on: January 23, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »
is anyone working on the challenges? the cardiel pool challenge and the koston/carroll game of skate had me trying to snap my controller in half until i gave up. i cant wait till i can skate again now, this shit has got me so hyped.

and i think this fits in here somewhere:
Expand Quote
Q & A Section
From Robley McDonnell,
Q: Why, in the skate 2 demo, is Koston such a dick about everything? I feel like there's some virtual animosity between him and fake me. It's nothing but calling me a jackass and ordering me out of the way. No words of encouragement, or "welcome back to open society" or anything. No offers of help to in finding me an apartment or ways to smooth talk my virtual parole officer. Is it because of him/me being an ex-con? If so, does he not know the importance of someone repaying their debt to society through the penal system? Five years is no easy stretch.
A: Virtual animosity? That's like a day in the life with me. You just spent five years in prison and you can't handle a little name-calling? Here's some words of encouragement, "At least you're not getting your salad tossed anymore!" You gotta be a little more thick-skinned if your going to handle life on the outside, you jackass!.--Koston
[close]

Yes. I'm fucking hating the game of skate with those two. I've only got koston to T and none on Carroll. Super infuriating.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2282 on: January 23, 2009, 12:41:31 AM »
Expand Quote
is anyone working on the challenges? the cardiel pool challenge and the koston/carroll game of skate had me trying to snap my controller in half until i gave up. i cant wait till i can skate again now, this shit has got me so hyped.

Expand Quote
Q & A Section
From Robley McDonnell,
Q: Why, in the skate 2 demo, is Koston such a dick about everything? I feel like there's some virtual animosity between him and fake me. It's nothing but calling me a jackass and ordering me out of the way. No words of encouragement, or "welcome back to open society" or anything. No offers of help to in finding me an apartment or ways to smooth talk my virtual parole officer. Is it because of him/me being an ex-con? If so, does he not know the importance of someone repaying their debt to society through the penal system? Five years is no easy stretch.
A: Virtual animosity? That's like a day in the life with me. You just spent five years in prison and you can't handle a little name-calling? Here's some words of encouragement, "At least you're not getting your salad tossed anymore!" You gotta be a little more thick-skinned if your going to handle life on the outside, you jackass!.--Koston
[close]

[close]

Yes. I'm fucking hating the game of skate with those two. I've only got koston to T and none on Carroll. Super infuriating.

sorry to be hyped on you sucking at that, but im glad im not the only one. i keep playing them, losing, then going and doing other shit for a while then giving it another try. it doesnt get easier, fucking koston and his inward heels and carroll with his "grind up the side of the picnic table to 360 fucking everything". it doesnt help im a little drunk but fuck both of these guys. i wanted to ride for girl but i couldnt beat those two tards so i settled for chocolate. now i know how everyone on chocolate feels.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 745
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #2283 on: January 23, 2009, 02:00:50 AM »
fun night, EASkATE2 and jack daniels. even got a blowjob in between.
Life hammer.

Played it for like 5 hours before I had to go to work earlier. So good. Just the right ammount harder than the last game I think. Have any of you guys gone to the left from the mega compound? Like, down the roll in, then off into the woods. There is some CRAZY SHIT TO SKATE over there.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2284 on: January 23, 2009, 04:03:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Q & A Section
From Robley McDonnell,
[close]

[close]

[close]

sorry to be hyped on you sucking at that, but im glad im not the only one. i keep playing them, losing, then going and doing other shit for a while then giving it another try. it doesnt get easier, fucking koston and his inward heels and carroll with his "grind up the side of the picnic table to 360 fucking everything". it doesnt help im a little drunk but fuck both of these guys. i wanted to ride for girl but i couldnt beat those two tards so i settled for chocolate. now i know how everyone on chocolate feels.
Fuck yes! I only tried the carrol/koston twice before I was over it, that obstacle was suck a pain in the ass and fuckin carrol never missed! Cardiel one seems impossible too me, I was never that good at riding the transition, pumping in the right place and stuff

rob2

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2285 on: January 23, 2009, 05:08:40 AM »
Is there away to turn off the really annoying hall of meat crap, i really hate it. Also how do you change your default stance from goofy to regular?

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #2286 on: January 23, 2009, 06:30:40 AM »
Is there away to turn off the really annoying hall of meat crap, i really hate it. Also how do you change your default stance from goofy to regular?

start > edit skater > edit style > bottom. voila
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2287 on: January 23, 2009, 06:41:58 AM »

it only comes up when you do a hall of meat challenge, like break certein bones and stuff, so either you find a roof or something and slam the shit out of yourself to get them out of the or you just keep playing and it'll only happen now and then...

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #2288 on: January 23, 2009, 07:20:31 AM »
good times with eric logan and briden last night. the free skate online challenges are amazing.
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2289 on: January 23, 2009, 07:33:27 AM »
dammit. i need to pick this up.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #2290 on: January 23, 2009, 07:45:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Q & A Section
From Robley McDonnell,
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Fuck yes! I only tried the carrol/koston twice before I was over it, that obstacle was suck a pain in the ass and fuckin carrol never missed! Cardiel one seems impossible too me, I was never that good at riding the transition, pumping in the right place and stuff

The 540 trick works here like it did in the old one. I probably played them for a good 25 minutes in a single game before they all finally died.
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

JonnyG

• Rep: 28
« Reply #2291 on: January 23, 2009, 07:59:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Q & A Section
From Robley McDonnell,
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

The 540 trick works here like it did in the old one. I probably played them for a good 25 minutes in a single game before they all finally died.

you just need to do triple flips in the game of skate with koston/carroll, they cant do them

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #2292 on: January 23, 2009, 08:25:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Q & A Section
From Robley McDonnell,
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

you just need to do triple flips in the game of skate with koston/carroll, they cant do them
also it helps to do nollie shit on them. they seem to have a fuck of a time landing anything nollie.

BriDen

« Reply #2293 on: January 23, 2009, 09:41:14 AM »
Cardiel one seems impossible too me, I was never that good at riding the transition, pumping in the right place and stuff
This might not matter much, but you don't have to follow the line exactly. You can miss by a considerable amount as long as you go from the first section to the second. I just did it like I was airing over a really long channel. The same thing applies to the danny way challenge at the same spot; you can land anywhere in the pool, not just where the line says to go.

Also, what's up with the first Thrasher challenge, the pool party? I skipped the cut-scene and have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #2294 on: January 23, 2009, 09:45:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Cardiel one seems impossible too me, I was never that good at riding the transition, pumping in the right place and stuff
[close]
This might not matter much, but you don't have to follow the line exactly. You can miss by a considerable amount as long as you go from the first section to the second. I just did it like I was airing over a really long channel. The same thing applies to the danny way challenge at the same spot; you can land anywhere in the pool, not just where the line says to go.

Also, what's up with the first Thrasher challenge, the pool party? I skipped the cut-scene and have no idea what I'm supposed to do.
find 3 pools. just cruise around and you'll see them pop up on the map.

Rampfoot

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2295 on: January 23, 2009, 10:56:49 AM »
stoked that i came in this thread earlier. had no idea it was out and went straight to bestbuy to get it. fun night, EASkATE2 and jack daniels. even got a blowjob in between.
Dude, i got a blowjob while playing! My girl is pretty hot and she likes to do hot shit like that to make me happy. So it was like 4 spliffs, pro challenges, and blowjobs. Good times!

I saw someone from here at laid down a score at a own the spot. Once a few of us get through the challenges we should have some seshies! I have only the damn Koston and Carroll one left...

CoreyWebster is my psn...add me if you havent!

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2296 on: January 23, 2009, 12:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do a tweaked grab higher than the deck on the far side of the pool

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2297 on: January 23, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »
http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/186516947.aspx#Display

rad they actually fixed the skate reel shit

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2298 on: January 23, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »
I don't know shit aabout Live, but my brothers gamertag is MightySteez, so add thatand we'll play and stuff

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #2299 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
these clips get me so psyched.  Looks like I'm gonna be dipping into my line of credit to get this on the weekend.  I can't wait any longer.

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2300 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »
I was looking on the Playstation Store and you can buy a download that unlocks everything in the game for $4.99 lol

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2301 on: January 23, 2009, 01:52:10 PM »

Ernest Borgnine

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2302 on: January 23, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »
Can you only rate clips while viewing them through your xbox?

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #2304 on: January 23, 2009, 06:21:06 PM »
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192

Zapata

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2306 on: January 23, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
This game is dangerously time consuming. I got home from work around 6 and started playing, and just realized its 10.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2307 on: January 24, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »
I got the "time is money" code well bought it I was too lazy to beat it after that danny way challenge shit i was over it, The GvR park is sick
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

riding*walls

« Reply #2308 on: January 24, 2009, 01:35:39 AM »
Yeah I've been playing it for a while.
The cardiel hip transfer is giving me some problems but im sure ill get it next time i play.
The game play is way more touchy than the first, digging it but i seriously dont know my way around at all.
I havent messed with dragging stuff around much. seems like something youd do when you start to run out of spots.

MareVitals

« Reply #2309 on: January 24, 2009, 07:36:02 AM »
Games amazing as expected. I only got races & bonus missions & ish left. online freeskate is awesome but too many people suck at the challenges.