Author Topic: robotic style  (Read 5892 times)

koots

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: robotic style
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2008, 07:08:47 AM »
But seriously watch this

You're be a fucking idiot if you don't think his styles loosened up a bit recently.
And no offense to Zach but he has the froggiest style ever and skates so damn slow. Still sick though

it's the music that's loose.
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

ige

• Rep: -74
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2008, 07:20:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
robot style sucks.. if i wanted to see something landed bolts then i'd play a damn video game.  p-rod sucks because you can call out what hes going to skate... socal cookie cuter stair sets and rails while doing the "in" flip trick of the month.  its rad to see dudes like zach lyons and nate broussard because they get damn creative at spots.  you see that sequence of that nose grind to nose manny around that dish?  booyahh that why people like p-rod and sheckler, and better yet the whole plan B team are boring to watch skate. 
[close]

i love how the word creative just seems to take the place for lacks skill most of the time........i like zach....nate not as much.......but to say either of them really get all that creative is kinda meh...and to say doing a flip into a trick that hasnt been flipped into isnt creative is dumb
[close]

yeah, but look at the spots those two skateboarders skate.  its not just the trick vocabulary a skateboarder has, its also the spots that they skate.  you dont have to look far for a hand rail or a set of stairs.  its alot more entertaining and enjoyable to a part put out by those dudes because its like riding space moutain at disney land.  you know your on ride, but you dont know where the ride is taking you.   
[close]
You like them more because they waste time looking for spots instead of actually skateboarding?
[close]
It's more interesting to watch someone skate something different, not the same stairs or the same ledge.
[close]
but if they're doing bullshit tricks then its just as boring
It's a matter of opinion. I think sw flip bs ts bigflips out are pretty stupid tricks, i'd rather see someone do a nice ollie. Skateboarding isn't about who can do the best tricks.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »
Ummm I'm a fan of that creative shit but when guys like bobby puleo fucking milk how creative they are and puts out parts with all ollies skating really slow as fuck and has no personality whatsoever they're about as boring as Mike Mo. Also what is creativity? Do you mean like crusty spots or people who do weird but cool tricks like Louie Barletta? And do you really think it's impossible to be creative and boring at the same time?
Creative Guys that are fun to watch:
-Todd Jordan
-John Motta
-Pops
-Ricky Oyola
-Fred Gall
Creative Skaters that are boring:
-Bobby Puleo

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2008, 09:08:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
robot style sucks.. if i wanted to see something landed bolts then i'd play a damn video game.  p-rod sucks because you can call out what hes going to skate... socal cookie cuter stair sets and rails while doing the "in" flip trick of the month.  its rad to see dudes like zach lyons and nate broussard because they get damn creative at spots.  you see that sequence of that nose grind to nose manny around that dish?  booyahh that why people like p-rod and sheckler, and better yet the whole plan B team are boring to watch skate. 
[close]

i love how the word creative just seems to take the place for lacks skill most of the time........i like zach....nate not as much.......but to say either of them really get all that creative is kinda meh...and to say doing a flip into a trick that hasnt been flipped into isnt creative is dumb
[close]

yeah, but look at the spots those two skateboarders skate.  its not just the trick vocabulary a skateboarder has, its also the spots that they skate.  you dont have to look far for a hand rail or a set of stairs.  its alot more entertaining and enjoyable to a part put out by those dudes because its like riding space moutain at disney land.  you know your on ride, but you dont know where the ride is taking you.   
[close]
You like them more because they waste time looking for spots instead of actually skateboarding?
[close]
It's more interesting to watch someone skate something different, not the same stairs or the same ledge.
What i don't understand is, How is that type of skating called different, if everything they skate is similar and all the dudes do the same tricks. It can't possibly be creative if everyone else is doing the same thing. Those types of skaters, as well as the people that like them, are like goths. They think they're being super different, but all they're doing is conforming to something else.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »
I agree with Child somewhat. How can someone whos creative be original when it's pretty trendy to be creative these days? I think Louie's original because he actually does shit that NOONE does. And progression is creative, you're putting tricks in your head that have never been done and putting it into action just like say Clark Hassler sees a strange looking spot and thinks of the possibilities an dputs them into action. And when you think about it isn't Tyler Bledsoe's gap to back tail bs flip gap out creative? It's basically the same as doing a gap over a cellar door to backtail on a ledge gap out over another cellar door isn't it?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 09:17:10 AM by GIRL Workshop B »

gravel pitch

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2008, 09:19:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
It's a matter of opinion. I think sw flip bs ts bigflips out are pretty stupid tricks, i'd rather see someone do a nice ollie. Skateboarding isn't about who can do the best tricks.

When you're pro, yea it kind of is... if everyone thought like you we'd still be doing boneless fingerflips off of parking blocks...

If no one pushed themselves (and as a result the people around them) skateboarding would be so shitty. If you're a pro who doesn't really feel that drive to push yourself and keep progressing, might be time to retire and make room for people who will.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
But when you think about it 15 years from now all the bobby puleos will be doing that trick on cellar door ledges and such just like how they're doing tricks now on sketchy spots that would be considered hard in the early 90's