Author Topic: Lenny Rivas is PRO????? WTF?  (Read 13864 times)

JahLIVES

Re: Lenny Rivas is PRO????? WTF?
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2007, 10:24:42 AM »
what happened to rodrigo lima is he still on dgk? he is way sicker than lenny rivas.
man i forgot about that guy. he should be pro for real

boyan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2007, 10:37:31 AM »
Expand Quote
what happened to rodrigo lima is he still on dgk? he is way sicker than lenny rivas.
[close]
he should be pro for dgk maybe, not for real  ;)  ;D

JahLIVES

« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2007, 10:41:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

hardy har har :)

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2007, 10:46:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

hardy har har :)

;D fucking weak I know

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2007, 10:47:46 AM »
Im a big fan of DGK but this is a bad move from them..
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

JahLIVES

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2007, 10:50:06 AM »

buggledum

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

buggledum

Wheres the wade board @? it would make more sense for the board sales..
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2007, 11:06:56 AM »
lenny is pretty cool, he says whats up to all the little kids, and he funny as hell.  yea he seems a little education-challenged but there are worse pros out there, way worse.  kf nose manny nollie inward heel out is damn legit, and i know hes been filming recently so.........just chill

Tobias Funke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • Oh, come on. Don't leave your uncle T-bag hanging.
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »
I've heard the expression for years but I didn't think it would actually happen.

skate

• Rep: -5
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2007, 11:24:12 AM »
Expand Quote
To everyone hating on lenny rivas please shut the fuck up, he is good as fuck, not applesauce or koston good but who is. I can see why he does not appeal to alot of people on the message board because he is a thugged out fool from national city but I dont think they are trying to appeal to everyone, in the crossfire interview stevie did state  pretty clearly that the company tries to reach the ghetto youth.
 Holla at cha Boy.
[close]

your a fucking idiot.  he is just a mexican who wants to write graffitti and listen to rap music. and DGK please stop the bullshit. there is plenty of kids accross the world who are "dgk" and fucking sick. they have a team of clean cut talent. nothing raw or edgy. dudes on blind or fucking black label have more edge and flare than 85% of the dgk team

Why am I a idiot? I have met him a few times and he was not cocky to me and I am  good friends with people at street machine the shop he was on before DGK so when I say he is thugged out and from national city just leave it at that. I am not comin the board trying to make anyone like him or prove his hood status, but when you say he sucks because he says holla atcha boy and the fact that you use raw, edgy and flair to talk about skateboarding makes you sound like the fucking idiot.

JahLIVES

« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
To everyone hating on lenny rivas please shut the fuck up, he is good as fuck, not applesauce or koston good but who is. I can see why he does not appeal to alot of people on the message board because he is a thugged out fool from national city but I dont think they are trying to appeal to everyone, in the crossfire interview stevie did state  pretty clearly that the company tries to reach the ghetto youth.
 Holla at cha Boy.
[close]

your a fucking idiot.  he is just a mexican who wants to write graffitti and listen to rap music. and DGK please stop the bullshit. there is plenty of kids accross the world who are "dgk" and fucking sick. they have a team of clean cut talent. nothing raw or edgy. dudes on blind or fucking black label have more edge and flare than 85% of the dgk team
[close]

Why am I a idiot? I have met him a few times and he was not cocky to me and I am  good friends with people at street machine the shop he was on before DGK so when I say he is thugged out and from national city just leave it at that. I am not comin the board trying to make anyone like him or prove his hood status, but when you say he sucks because he says holla atcha boy and the fact that you use raw, edgy and flair to talk about skateboarding makes you sound like the fucking idiot.
ouchies

hamboner

• Rep: 0
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
Hyped for Wade! Maybe now that he's pro the mags will figure out how to spell his fucking name.

It's weird that people can go pro without getting a lot of coverage or busting their ass, but depending on the person I don't really care. Most people only bust their ass until they go pro anyway, then they chill out
because the motherfuck I can

colin

« Reply #72 on: September 05, 2007, 11:45:26 AM »
The debate over Lenny cropped up on here a bit ago, when that Kayo clip first surfaced on YouTube. I was surprised at how many people attacked Lenny because of his slang. Personally, I thought that clip was fucking awesome: "It's the Jump Off."

Henry's right; a lot of people on here seem to push for uniformity in skateboarding, kinda like an attempt to rid skateboarding of diversity. Kinda like turning it into a Gap commercial or some shit - just the shit that's middle of the road, everything that is widely accepted; nothing shocking.

As a pro, I think Lenny probably doesn't give a shit what people cry about on message boards, and if no one buys his board in the Midwest, he probably doesn't give a shit about that, either. There are plenty of other companies for peopke in the Midwest to support (although, I think there are a lot of thugged-out white dudes in the Midwest who like the DGK brand).

I say go Lenny, and you guys gotta find some shit to really get depressed about.

"Mom, Lenny Rivas turned prod today  :'("

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2007, 11:56:50 AM »

colin

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2007, 12:09:51 PM »

Those marks on the ears of that dog remind of the picture of that dog that was all fucked up from dog fighting in the Whatever section. Remember all those tubes hanging out of that dogs face? Well, I showed it to my girlfriend, who is a vet, and she said those are drains to get the fluid out. They were keeping that dog alive!! She had me look closer, and showed me the stiches, and told me that dog had already been operated on!

joto

• Rep: -14
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »
The debate over Lenny cropped up on here a bit ago, when that Kayo clip first surfaced on YouTube. I was surprised at how many people attacked Lenny because of his slang. Personally, I thought that clip was fucking awesome: "It's the Jump Off."

Henry's right; a lot of people on here seem to push for uniformity in skateboarding, kinda like an attempt to rid skateboarding of diversity. Kinda like turning it into a Gap commercial or some shit - just the shit that's middle of the road, everything that is widely accepted; nothing shocking.

As a pro, I think Lenny probably doesn't give a shit what people cry about on message boards, and if no one buys his board in the Midwest, he probably doesn't give a shit about that, either. There are plenty of other companies for peopke in the Midwest to support (although, I think there are a lot of thugged-out white dudes in the Midwest who like the DGK brand).

I say go Lenny, and you guys gotta find some shit to really get depressed about.

"Mom, Lenny Rivas turned prod today  :'("

Have you heard anyone hate on any other DGK members in this post?  NO! So obviously were not trying to rid skateboarding of Diversity.  Lenny Rivas is just an idiot and shouldn't be pro.

colin

« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2007, 12:45:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you heard anyone hate on any other DGK members in this post?  NO! So obviously were not trying to rid skateboarding of Diversity.  Lenny Rivas is just an idiot and shouldn't be pro.

Maybe you lurk a lot, I don't know, but if you hang out here long enough, I think you'll find people on here have pretty similar opinions on what skateboarding "should be".

joto

• Rep: -14
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Maybe you lurk a lot, I don't know, but if you hang out here long enough, I think you'll find people on here have pretty similar opinions on what skateboarding "should be".

For sure, im just speaking of this Topic.

HCSGLBC562

• Rep: -13
    • Fagspace avatar image
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2007, 01:45:23 PM »
Nobody can justify the fact that he hasnt paid due's yet still has a board. Him turning pro is a marketing tool...It is what it is...Dudes REALLY good though

flipbacklipshuv

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2007, 01:50:32 PM »
ummmmmm.. danny castillo paid dues.. but does he deserve a board.. HELL NO

H8R

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2007, 02:01:49 PM »

yeah he paid his dues but daniel has said on several occassions that he didn't want to be pro. 
also, daniel was skating when you were still shitting in your diapers, give him his respect.

you fall right into the "Talking about skateboarding with people that don't skate, disappreesh" thread. 
go ask someone to do a 900 mctwist to crook stall revert or something.     

what the

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2007, 02:05:56 PM »
confirmed by wade him self he is also getting a board,that's my dog

H8R

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »
confirmed by wade him self he is also getting a board,that's my dog

dropping names will get you kooked. 
you're at -18 right now, lets see how this goes.   ;D

flipbacklipshuv

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2007, 02:25:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yeah he paid his dues but daniel has said on several occassions that he didn't want to be pro. 
also, daniel was skating when you were still shitting in your diapers, give him his respect.

you fall right into the "Talking about skateboarding with people that don't skate, disappreesh" thread. 

you are a fucking idiot.. ok .. prime example.. a dude like antwan dixon ... 1000% times better than jenny rivas .. had a BETTER video part .. and on a better team.. so why doesnt he have a board... or even better than him.. LEWIS MARNELL dude is fucking sick.. 3 parts in 1 year ... so please tell me whatt the fucks going on Mr.track bike fag... (im sure you ride 1 of those)

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2007, 02:29:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you are a fucking idiot.. ok .. prime example.. a dude like antwan dixon ... 1000% times better than jenny rivas .. had a BETTER video part .. and on a better team.. so why doesnt he have a board... or even better than him.. LEWIS MARNELL dude is fucking sick.. 3 parts in 1 year ... so please tell me whatt the fucks going on Mr.track bike fag... (im sure you ride 1 of those)

I can't believe I missed this. Can you two keep at it for another hour or so. Thanks.
MS

H8R

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

whats does antwan dixon and lewis marnells skills have anything to do with lenny rivas get a pro board? 
why give examples that have nothing to do with nothing...bush sucks as president therefore i should be pro.  i ate rice and beans for lunch, why ain't someone sucking my cock?  i wore my jockstrap to work, i should win the lotto! 

according to you, if someones better than lenny rivas, they should have a pro board?
you know, just because people think someone deserves something, doesn't mean they get it. 
maybe in fantasyland but this is reality tattoo, get a grip.     

anything for you MS.   ;)

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2007, 02:47:15 PM »

anything for you MS.   ;)

insert emoticon of choice

flipbacklipshuv

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2007, 02:47:29 PM »
no you fucking idiot.. i think im just gonna go a kickflip 1080 off my local 5 stair

jorelskate

• Rep: -9
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2007, 02:48:31 PM »
I'm not gonna buy a Lenny Rivas board, or a DGK for that matter.  But that is because i buy blanks.  ;)

h@rry_t3H_pImP

• Rep: 1
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2007, 02:49:08 PM »
The only thing I find odd about this is that there wasn't the obligatory media blitz before the announcement...usually dudes'll get like 10 ads before the press release ??? ??? ??? Otherwise, congrats to Wade and Lenny :)

h