Author Topic: ASR Tradeshow  (Read 3764 times)

SR Junky

Re: ASR Tradeshow
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it seems wierd to me that a lot of people here bag on the industry and shit, yet, people are psyched to go to ASR??  Yeah, free booze, Thrasher KOTR party, Reef girls, seeing people you don't get to see often.   That's cool, I agree.  But come on, ASR is the biggest bunch of fake handshakes and smiles, and the shit people are peddling is FUCKING RIDICULOUS!  "Come try out the new scooter/heely's/hoverboard that will make you look cooler in your Hurley gear, with your visor and Oakley Blades"  The amount of skate shit that's there now is NOTHING.  You get to see shoes, and what stupid theme the Volcom booth has this year.  Cavemen?  Fraternity?  Spacemen?  Who knows.  I'm not trying to hate on you guys for going, but there's a lot of what is wrong with skateboarding at that show.
[close]

^and that's how/why people here are going to come back here and tell us about it.
[close]

Dan Pensyl is fucking a really cool dude.

Dan Pensyl is gay?

SFblah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »
...ASR is the biggest bunch of fake handshakes and smiles, and the shit people are peddling is FUCKING RIDICULOUS!  "Come try out the new scooter/heely's/hoverboard that will make you look cooler in your Hurley gear, with your visor and Oakley Blades"  The amount of skate shit that's there now is NOTHING...

The amount of kooks that are dads, "inventors", and/or retired engineers who think they have the next best thing for skating are all over that place like a celebrity at a foreign adoption agency. 

My friends just opened a shop and two dads have come in this weekend asking if we are going to be selling some stupid board with two wheels that rocks.  You can go uphill on it or some shit.  One of them wouldn't fuckin leave until I looked up the site in front of him because, "You gotta see how awesome it is!".  He seemed bummed that I wasn't stoked on it. 

It looked like someone turned an elliptical machine into a skateboard.  It'll be the next hot thing at Curves.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:46:16 PM by SFblah »

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2007, 12:16:26 AM »
The guys who own the Palms in Vegas are trying to put together a contest with a first place purse of 100k for first. Why not just give Cole that check now?

Hell yeah, SOTY 2007? Chris Cole.

In fact they should just change it to 2nd place to chris cole of the year award, to give others something to strive for.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 05:51:13 AM »
anybody catch me there? i was the dood in the board shorts

hamboner

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 09:02:58 AM »
yeah i think i saw you. i was the tan guy in a wife beater with gelled hair and some sweet dragon specs. you probably noticed my sweet cross tattoo

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:38:31 AM by hamboner »
because the motherfuck I can

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 05:22:34 PM »
anyone see me there? i was the guy on mushrooms.

shutupbitch

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 05:23:41 PM »
I was dat dude following tk around.