Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449855 times)

Tarquin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #1890 on: September 06, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Lipslide to 5050 on a ledge.
[close]

fuck yeah, I've been working on dumbass lipslide ledge combos.
 I got lipslide 5-0, 50-50 2 lisplide, and I want lipslide switch crook and lipslide front board...

Yeah it's really fun to mess around with stuff like that. Want to learn them to 5-0 now or maybe tailslide.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #1891 on: September 06, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
learned a bunch of tech shit the other day, frontside impossibles (like a fs 360 shuv but wrapping my heel), impossible� bigspins ( like a 540 bigflip), fs 360 half flip, halfflip shuv, back foot heelflip, switch one foots, nollie cab flips, and I did a nollie biggerflip alley oop down the 2 stair at the SF library by random chance. I stomped a few nosegrind nollieflips but havent quite got it yet
[close]
my brain is having a hard time comprehending this. is there any video of this trick?
[close]

I think at 2:31, maybe. Gives you an idea.

But actually I don't know how you can do that with your back foot. That's gnarly.

sorta like that, when i do it it wraps it kinda vertical more like an imposible than a front three shuv. I'll try to get one on film soon and post it here because I am curious about how it looks to other people. 
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

bloodcrippin

• Rep: 0
  • I'm pro
« Reply #1892 on: September 06, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »
Did a couple of K-grind half cab transfers the other day....wanna go to the streets with that one

Ben

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1893 on: September 06, 2010, 08:58:39 PM »
almost have nollie big heels. only tried them for 30 minutes.

on the other hand, i cant get frontside flips to save my life. when i was 17-18, i never missed them. did them down/on everything. i dont know whats up.

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #1894 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:29 PM »
bs pivot fakie.  They are so fun.

Beer Wizard

« Reply #1895 on: September 07, 2010, 02:14:44 PM »
This:

Very fun trick.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #1896 on: September 07, 2010, 11:29:59 PM »
it's some old 80's trick....you go up a bank and do a miller flip....but obviously that's impossible so you use your front leg to push you over... boneless style...

luke_gardner

• Rep: -40
  • Chicagoooo
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1897 on: September 08, 2010, 07:16:40 AM »
nollie cabs, either way

i've always had nollie 180s, just had to wind my body up a little more. going a little faster than a 180 seems to help get more pop, more time to spin. i don't know how people do 360s down big shit, that blows my mind, spotting your landing is almost all about feeling. you can't see shit.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• Rep: 10000
« Reply #1898 on: September 08, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »
Fakie Bigspins.
I tweaked my foot pretty bad though, aiming for bolts, but my back foot was slightly off and I landed with it on the tip of the tail, and it slipped off with all the pressure and rolled it. Third time I've had that accident in within 4 months, in the same spot. Anterior ligament on the top of the foot.  Other than that, though, the trick feels fun and easy as hell. I had a dream I did one the night before and I just tried it the next day and got them.
Ironically enough, later my brother tore his MCL doing almost the same thing but with a huge BS Heelflip over a hip. Instead of rolling the ankle/foot, he hyperextended the knee.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:38:57 PM by Skwisgaar Skwigelf »
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

DustyGozongas

• Rep: -11
  • I could smell ya gettin' off the elevator
« Reply #1899 on: September 08, 2010, 09:46:40 PM »
Ive always have known how to 360 shuv but today i decided to give it more pop and feels pretty cool catching it then bringing it down, doing them fakie is fun too....

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #1900 on: September 09, 2010, 12:54:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
learned a bunch of tech shit the other day, frontside impossibles (like a fs 360 shuv but wrapping my heel), impossible? bigspins ( like a 540 bigflip), fs 360 half flip, halfflip shuv, back foot heelflip, switch one foots, nollie cab flips, and I did a nollie biggerflip alley oop down the 2 stair at the SF library by random chance. I stomped a few nosegrind nollieflips but havent quite got it yet
[close]
my brain is having a hard time comprehending this. is there any video of this trick?
[close]

I think at 2:31, maybe. Gives you an idea.

But actually I don't know how you can do that with your back foot. That's gnarly.
[close]

sorta like that, when i do it it wraps it kinda vertical more like an imposible than a front three shuv. I'll try to get one on film soon and post it here because I am curious about how it looks to other people.? 

like at :35?

I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #1901 on: September 09, 2010, 12:59:15 PM »
two weeks ago I did a bs hurricane grind to feeble grind on a bank to ledge thing and also a hurricane grind coming out regular again. I was too afraid to do a fs 5-o on that thing, but I learned these tricks within 3 tries. my skateboarding skills are pretty strange sometimes.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1902 on: September 09, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
bs double flip! never occurred to me to try it.

also learned bs 360 the proper way where you dont pivot on the ground at all and when you take off you are already almost a full 180 before you have even left the ground.

i have a really tough time keeping my back foot in sync with the board though, it slips off and smokes me in the shin a lot of times, anyone know how to fix this? i got a couple nice ones off but i cant keep the pop how i want to

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #1903 on: September 09, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »
also learned bs 360 the proper way where you dont pivot on the ground at all and when you take off you are already almost a full 180 before you have even left the ground.
Does your front foot slightly come off when you do it? Never cared for the look of that.
or maybe its because your fist has to first be purified in the waters of lake minnetonka before it can touch dylons.

Scallywag crew!

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1904 on: September 09, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Does your front foot slightly come off when you do it? Never cared for the look of that.
You're lame, especially when Dill's are miraculously  beautiful.

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #1905 on: September 09, 2010, 04:51:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
You're lame, especially when Dill's are miraculously  beautiful.

Damn, effortless heelflip over that barrel. But yeah, like I said... I just can't get into that style of back 3.

Scallywag crew!

cat litter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1906 on: September 09, 2010, 06:16:26 PM »
Back 3s with the front foot off are tight as fuck

I feel like a fucking person trying 360s though

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #1907 on: September 09, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »

I have Front 180's down solid, but I can't figure out Front 360s. I'm guessing I'm not winding enough and leading with the shoulders and turning the hips enough.

Scallywag crew!

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1908 on: September 09, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »
learned front tail pop over to the other side of the ledge back to regs on the black doublesided thing at stoner park. pretty psyched cuz i've wanted to do that trick for a while.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #1909 on: September 09, 2010, 11:01:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I have Front 180's down solid, but I can't figure out Front 360s. I'm guessing I'm not winding enough and leading with the shoulders and turning the hips enough.

go find a backside hip and do the 270 thing....it'll make you feel better...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1910 on: September 11, 2010, 10:49:43 PM »
Switch backside 5050s, now I can fuck with some switch back tails.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

BuddyPal

« Reply #1911 on: September 12, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »
nollie fs 5-0s and switch heels

Skwisgaar Skwigelf

« Reply #1912 on: September 12, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

go find a backside hip and do the 270 thing....it'll make you feel better...
That will actually help me learn them flatground, come to think of it, despite this obviously being sarcasm, because it will give me a feel of what it's like to spin around further past a 180. So thanks.

Scallywag crew!

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #1913 on: September 12, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »
im going to really have to learn bs 360's one of these days cos i fucking love em, can do fs ones but fuck, i feel like a duck trying to fly out of a washing machine when i try them bs
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

yeahisaidit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #1914 on: September 12, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »
frontside ollies on quarters

leftcoast415

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1915 on: September 12, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
for some reason, all i did yesterday was try to skate switch/nollie. i got switch crooks, nollie lipsides, and nollie front 180s down. im hella hyped

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1916 on: September 12, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »
pivot fakies both fs and bs, and fakie bs pivot fakie (?). bs pivot fakies are not as hard as they seem, but they're really fun to do so i can definitely understand the popularity of the trick. i learned it on this like two foot qp at the alameda skatepark and then did it on the like 5 foot one and then the 6 foot one. would've probably been a lot harder to learn on a more legit sized qp. learned the fakie ones the same way. as for the fs ones, i learned them at the san ramon skatepark today.

Inbred Jed

« Reply #1917 on: September 13, 2010, 10:41:31 AM »
Switch frontside pivots on my parking block on top of the curb cut in my driveway

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #1918 on: September 13, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »
did a fakie hardflip thanks to some game of skate prompting the other day.

bandini

« Reply #1919 on: September 13, 2010, 01:03:21 PM »
Still can't do bs 360s, but had a breakthrough with fs ones yesterday. Figured out that if you put your back foot in more of a front shove position (way on the inside) and kinda pop UP instead of "around" the board practically does the whole 360 without much effort & you just have to kinda stay with it.

Works for fs bigspins too. For some reason can't apply the same logic to backside tricks tho...