Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449654 times)

duffmanshredder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #1920 on: September 13, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
FS smiths in the pool at the skatepark
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1921 on: September 13, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
stalefish on transition.

Tom Bombadil

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1922 on: September 13, 2010, 04:24:37 PM »
What I wish I could say is "frontside bigspin," because it is, in fact, the hardest trick in skateboarding, but the closest I could get to that was in a dream. I was killing the frontside bigspins... But I digress, and revert to my typical heelflip tech: fakie heelflip 5-0 (or switch nosegrind, rather, or whatever the kids like to call it) is a more recent one I found out I could land on occasion.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #1923 on: September 13, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
What I wish I could say is "frontside bigspin," because it is, in fact, the hardest trick in skateboarding, but the closest I could get to that was in a dream. I was killing the frontside bigspins... But I digress, and revert to my typical heelflip tech: fakie heelflip 5-0 (or switch nosegrind, rather, or whatever the kids like to call it) is a more recent one I found out I could land on occasion.

i had a dream recently where i was popping floaty nollie 360 flips to fakie on a vert ramp over and over. It was fucking awesome

jaydigitall

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1924 on: September 13, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »
front smiths. i feel like such a boss when i do them.

bandini

« Reply #1925 on: September 13, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
I've had totally vivid dreams of doing bs 360s for years. Each time I wake up convinced that I've figured them out now...

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1926 on: September 13, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
kinda crappy frontside sugarcanes on the quarterpipe at stoner park. i kept getting into it at the end of the ramp so i didn't really grind it how i would on a smaller, longer ramp but i was hyped to have landed it.

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #1927 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02:50 PM »
You guys get those realistic dream instances too? You're just so convinced that you can actually do the trick too. It's bloody agonizing finding out that you can't. I refused to try frontside bigspins for days after that dream because I didn't want to weep uncontrollably.

clamy

« Reply #1928 on: September 14, 2010, 01:24:23 AM »
front smiths. i feel like such a boss when i do them.

ledges when you pop out like a boss, and on round rails when you lock in for a good while, best feeling.

all this talk of back 3s makes me want to at least give them a solid try. they never work for me, either do front 3s, got a couple switch but that's it. i'd really like to get sw tres down, fuck they are frustrating.

i got tre lips on the flatbar. probably won't fuck with them often, too much of a board breaker. Kept landing in noseblunt too which was scary yet exciting.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #1929 on: September 14, 2010, 02:27:44 AM »
pivot fakies both fs and bs, and fakie bs pivot fakie (?). bs pivot fakies are not as hard as they seem, but they're really fun to do so i can definitely understand the popularity of the trick. i learned it on this like two foot qp at the alameda skatepark and then did it on the like 5 foot one and then the 6 foot one. would've probably been a lot harder to learn on a more legit sized qp. learned the fakie ones the same way. as for the fs ones, i learned them at the san ramon skatepark today.

alameda doesnt count. Come skate town park in west oakland! they have a decent mini
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1930 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:07 AM »
fs bigspin you just need to practice flatland 180s first get that feeling and then add in a fs shove... its really not that hard i can even do fs big heel on flat ground...  i cant really explain how i do it other than you just have to do the 180 and kind of take your back foot off... dont think of it like a bigspin think of it more like a fs 180 where you are taking your back foot off for a split second at the beginning. focusing on the spin or flip of any trick will fuck with your head you need to just focus on the ollie part i have found its helped me with 90% of my tricks.

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #1931 on: September 14, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »
fs bigspin you just need to practice flatland 180s first get that feeling and then add in a fs shove... its really not that hard i can even do fs big heel on flat ground...  i cant really explain how i do it other than you just have to do the 180 and kind of take your back foot off... dont think of it like a bigspin think of it more like a fs 180 where you are taking your back foot off for a split second at the beginning. focusing on the spin or flip of any trick will fuck with your head you need to just focus on the ollie part i have found its helped me with 90% of my tricks.

That's definitely an interesting way of thinking about the trick. Never heard that before. I'll try that and see how it works out for me. Funny that you mentioned bigspin heels, because I actually have a much better chance at landing that trick than the standard bigspin. I think the more complicated a trick is, the less time your mind has to foil you in the execution of it.

Mark

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1932 on: September 14, 2010, 10:57:23 AM »
Still can't do bs 360s, but had a breakthrough with fs ones yesterday. Figured out that if you put your back foot in more of a front shove position (way on the inside) and kinda pop UP instead of "around" the board practically does the whole 360 without much effort & you just have to kinda stay with it.

Works for fs bigspins too. For some reason can't apply the same logic to backside tricks tho...

Expand Quote
[close]

That's definitely an interesting way of thinking about the trick. Never heard that before. I'll try that and see how it works out for me. Funny that you mentioned bigspin heels, because I actually have a much better chance at landing that trick than the standard bigspin. I think the more complicated a trick is, the less time your mind has to foil you in the execution of it.

will be trying both of these ideas out when I next go for a roll, been struggling with the fs 3's for a while, just can't seem to get it round.

clamy

« Reply #1933 on: September 16, 2010, 05:08:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Still can't do bs 360s, but had a breakthrough with fs ones yesterday. Figured out that if you put your back foot in more of a front shove position (way on the inside) and kinda pop UP instead of "around" the board practically does the whole 360 without much effort & you just have to kinda stay with it.

Works for fs bigspins too. For some reason can't apply the same logic to backside tricks tho...
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fs bigspin you just need to practice flatland 180s first get that feeling and then add in a fs shove... its really not that hard i can even do fs big heel on flat ground...?  i cant really explain how i do it other than you just have to do the 180 and kind of take your back foot off... dont think of it like a bigspin think of it more like a fs 180 where you are taking your back foot off for a split second at the beginning. focusing on the spin or flip of any trick will fuck with your head you need to just focus on the ollie part i have found its helped me with 90% of my tricks.
[close]

[close]

will be trying both of these ideas out when I next go for a roll, been struggling with the fs 3's for a while, just can't seem to get it round.

Fuck, i tried this out today and first go it popped the best one i've ever been able to do. I still can't stomp then two feet but i was well over the board. Definitely going to work on these this way.

Mark

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1934 on: September 21, 2010, 01:12:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fs bigspin you just need to practice flatland 180s first get that feeling and then add in a fs shove... its really not that hard i can even do fs big heel on flat ground...?  i cant really explain how i do it other than you just have to do the 180 and kind of take your back foot off... dont think of it like a bigspin think of it more like a fs 180 where you are taking your back foot off for a split second at the beginning. focusing on the spin or flip of any trick will fuck with your head you need to just focus on the ollie part i have found its helped me with 90% of my tricks.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck, i tried this out today and first go it popped the best one i've ever been able to do. I still can't stomp then two feet but i was well over the board. Definitely going to work on these this way.

Gave the front 3's a go at the weekend and definately have got something with the 'pop up not around' trick, landed several on flat, will keep working on them.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #1935 on: September 21, 2010, 07:30:04 PM »
Thats a good tip on fs bigspins.  I need to give it a shot, cant do that trick at all.

The key to fs 3s is to turn your head frontside, like look that way as your popping. I would do 270s until i started thinking about my head turning.

o JayCub o

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1936 on: September 21, 2010, 08:24:03 PM »
Man, Ive been trying bs360 for awhile now and can never land one, Ive done them on hips but never on flat or off a ramp or anything. I just need to work on them some more, its one trick that I realllllly have been wanting to learn for awhile. I did learn one new trick today. I was doing hardflips to fakie on a bank and reverted out of one of them on accident  and ended up learning hardflip bs180s, kind of a weird trick, but Im hyped about it.

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #1937 on: September 21, 2010, 11:59:02 PM »
Regular font shuvs were the bane of my existence.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #1938 on: September 22, 2010, 12:20:15 AM »
did my first backside bluntslides to fakie on a ledge. kind of a weird thing but i wallied in and had to land into a bank. did a couple, was psyched.

i oftentimes feel more comfortable wallieing into tricks than i do ollieing into them.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #1939 on: September 22, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
This one is kinda embarrassing but I finally ollied the big 3 at Hollenbeck plaza in LA.

I'm a Pussy at jumping down stuff, and the worst part is that once if finally try it, it's usually pretty easy.
I need a coffee

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1940 on: September 22, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
i did a fs boardslide to fakie the other day i have never done one to fakie in my entire life. i just learned fs blunts to regs not that long ago maybe a year ago and it just seems impossible to do one to fakie.

Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -152
« Reply #1941 on: September 22, 2010, 01:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fs bigspin you just need to practice flatland 180s first get that feeling and then add in a fs shove... its really not that hard i can even do fs big heel on flat ground...??  i cant really explain how i do it other than you just have to do the 180 and kind of take your back foot off... dont think of it like a bigspin think of it more like a fs 180 where you are taking your back foot off for a split second at the beginning. focusing on the spin or flip of any trick will fuck with your head you need to just focus on the ollie part i have found its helped me with 90% of my tricks.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Gave the front 3's a go at the weekend and definately have got something with the 'pop up not around' trick, landed several on flat, will keep working on them.
Could someone clarify this technique a bit please ? I'm most interested

lem

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #1942 on: September 22, 2010, 09:28:08 PM »
Could someone clarify this technique a bit please ? I'm most interested
If it's the front 3 I might be. So when you first start trying the trick you might think, "Well I'm rotating, so when I ollie, I'll swing my feet around." Which instead you should just be swinging your shoulders. Basically do a good ollie and your legs will follow. Like olling up. Hopefully this is the process people are referring to, because it's how I do them.

Anyway, at an after hours sesh at an indoor park we were playing skate and someone set a fakie hardflip. Never fucking tried since I assumed I couldn't fathom it whatsoever. Both feet first try. Landed one second go. Wonderful feeling when you've lost all your shit after six months being off the board from a bad ankle.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #1943 on: September 22, 2010, 10:00:17 PM »
I landed like, 4 gross tre flips today. I have this tendency to step on my nose, so that's why I can't land any of them. Also got close to landing big flips, so I might try to take that one on.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #1944 on: September 22, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »
sick....my 3 flip quest died and all I'm left with is 3 flips for 12 yr. olds aka the fakie bigflip....

i've been messing with berts.....

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #1945 on: September 23, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »
I need a coffee

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #1946 on: September 23, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »
Got fakie 5-0s on ledges now. I'm stoked.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #1947 on: September 23, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »
Got fakie 5-0s on ledges now. I'm stoked.

Love that trick, I learnt it a couple of months ago. I've eaten plenty of shit hanging up on it though, gotta watch out for that.

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #1948 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:55 PM »
learned to nollie flip my zip zinger    :-[
life poser

Tom Bombadil

« Reply #1949 on: September 24, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
Regular font shuvs were the bane of my existence.

I feel you, man. I want so badly to be able to do that trick well. I think it's probably one of those tricks that you need to do innumerable times before it starts to work properly. I've never done a front shuv that felt "right" until I actually started doing them quite a bit this year.