Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449678 times)

MJION

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #2760 on: November 02, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »
I learned all 4 variations of 360 flips

Give me a tip.  Always had problems with just a normal treflip.  I can do them front fakie no problem but cant seem to spin them fast enough on a normal tre flip...

RerouteTheDoubt

• Rep: 11
    • www.RerouteTheDoubt.com avatar image
« Reply #2761 on: November 02, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Give me a tip.  Always had problems with just a normal treflip.  I can do them front fakie no problem but cant seem to spin them fast enough on a normal tre flip...

I dunno..Try learnin them on a pyramid or Rewatch every Josh Kalis Part and study how he karate kicks the board..that helped me learn em

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #2762 on: November 02, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
Front fifty on a picnic table top.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 11:32:25 PM by The Human Condom »

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #2763 on: November 03, 2012, 04:03:05 PM »
fakie nosegrind

foureyedjim

« Reply #2764 on: November 03, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2765 on: November 03, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I dunno..Try learnin them on a pyramid or Rewatch every Josh Kalis Part and study how he karate kicks the board..that helped me learn em

just scoop the fuck out of them with your back foot

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #2766 on: November 04, 2012, 02:20:23 AM »
if i nap instead of skating after work, i can be high for longer/stay up later. but now i dont skate  ???
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2767 on: November 12, 2012, 05:19:58 AM »
pop shove firecracker

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2768 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:33 AM »
Wallie boardslides. Feels really good especially when you're really on top of the ledge instead of the shitty ones where the board is sagging on the side of the ledge. Might try wallie crooks since I got in one by accident while trying wallie boardslides.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #2769 on: November 12, 2012, 06:01:16 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm in my 30s so learning brand new tricks doesn't really happen. I usually just try to relearn the ones I forgot 10 years ago. That being said I was pretty psyched to see my long lost frontside crooks show up for a sec the last time we went out.
[close]

^^ This.

I spent two hours the other day trying to get my heel flips back.  got one. 

I did Skate a lot during the summer and started to pick up old tricks I had lost... Just to dislocate my shoulder again..   c'mon son.

It's all mental... I'm pretty sure I've learned more at this stage (from 30-38) than I did from 20-28. Recouping takes a little longer though.

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #2770 on: November 12, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
Switch fs bigspins, rad trick

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2771 on: November 13, 2012, 12:26:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm in my 30s so learning brand new tricks doesn't really happen. I usually just try to relearn the ones I forgot 10 years ago. That being said I was pretty psyched to see my long lost frontside crooks show up for a sec the last time we went out.
[close]

^^ This.

I did Skate a lot during the summer and started to pick up old tricks I had lost... Just to dislocate my shoulder again..   c'mon son.
[close]

It's all mental... I'm pretty sure I've learned more at this stage (from 30-38) than I did from 20-28. Recouping takes a little longer though.

Then there is alittle hope for me, i haven?t skatet from 20 to 30 and when my son has startet i have reexplored my love ...

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #2772 on: November 13, 2012, 01:17:47 AM »
Wallie boardslides. Feels really good especially when you're really on top of the ledge instead of the shitty ones where the board is sagging on the side of the ledge. Might try wallie crooks since I got in one by accident while trying wallie boardslides.

i find that the wallie crook is a completely different approach than the wallie boardslide. Based purely on the technique you would use to do a normal wallride as compared to a wallride nollie out as i was unable to do the wallride nollies when i was first trying wallie crooks. Theres way more back foot involved in the wallie board as opposed to the wallie crook in the same way that theres more/less back foot involved in the wallride/wallride nollie. Just some random thoughts/things i noticed while trying wallie crooks after being able to wallie board for years.

You should also try to learn wallie back 5050s/5-0s.

I learned switch back nosegrinds a few days before i bruised a bone on the side of my foot right below my big toe 6+ weeks ago. Hoping i can still do em when i'm able to skate again.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2773 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:37 AM »
Nollie back tails for like the third time. Only to fakie, though.
i'm on the same boat

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #2774 on: November 13, 2012, 12:40:27 PM »
I struggled so hard to land a fs smith on this little park ledge earlier.  Only locked into like one then bailed.  Feel like I tried every way to get in and grind but I kept sticking even when I was going fast.  I did manage to land a couple bs 180 nosegrinds, but you just have to tail scrape those and they're easy.  But yeah.. what's the deal with smiths.

KillerStokagebroface

• Rep: -21
« Reply #2775 on: November 13, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

just scoop the fuck out of them with your back foot

THIS
http://

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #2776 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:26 PM »
I struggled so hard to land a fs smith on this little park ledge earlier.  Only locked into like one then bailed.  Feel like I tried every way to get in and grind but I kept sticking even when I was going fast.  I did manage to land a couple bs 180 nosegrinds, but you just have to tail scrape those and they're easy.  But yeah.. what's the deal with smiths.
Can you do 5-0 grinds? Back truck does the work... helps if you can ollie and level out quick, too. Kind've bone out the ollie sideways a bit so right when you're peaking your ollie, you're also locking into a grind.

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2777 on: November 13, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Can you do 5-0 grinds? Back truck does the work... helps if you can ollie and level out quick, too. Kind've bone out the ollie sideways a bit so right when you're peaking your ollie, you're also locking into a grind.

This and go faster, at first i couldn?t do them without going very fast. When you have made it a few times than try slower if you want.
That helped me.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #2778 on: November 13, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »
I learned backside nosegrinds not riding straight on to the ledge
I like doing this trick, because I don't really know how to do it; I just try going really fast and sometimes it works out.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

lurka lurka

« Reply #2779 on: November 18, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

^^ This.

So right there with you. I'd been skating pretty regularly for the first time in years. Started getting some stuff back, relearning tre flips, fs flips, a few old tranny and ledge tricks, finally feeling good on a board again. Did a noseblunt for the first time in probably a decade. Actually stepped up to a rail, again for the first time in almost a decade and even though I couldn't stick it I was pretty hyped to even get into a couple tricks on a rail. Albeit a small and mellow rail, but still, for somebody in their mid 30s who last skated in rail in their early 20s, there's a lot of bagage to get over, even for a crooks or a front board. Totally was getting back to being a skate rat, just skating 3-5 times a week and stoked. Then the day after i posted that I sprained my ankle really bad. Today's gonna be the first day on a plank in about 4 weeks. I'm guessing it's gonna be a pretty frustrating day.

lurka lurka

« Reply #2780 on: November 18, 2012, 12:14:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

This and go faster, at first i couldn?t do them without going very fast. When you have made it a few times than try slower if you want.
That helped me.

this. Go fast, they're way easier. Get some speed, lean way back and ride it out. Keep your shoulders even with the ledge and turn at the waist almost like a lipslide. Put all your weight on your back foot like a lipslide too. Once you get into a rhythm and lock in it's probably my favorite feeling trick ever.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #2781 on: November 18, 2012, 12:20:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That helped me.
[close]

this. Go fast, they're way easier. Get some speed, lean way back and ride it out. Keep your shoulders even with the ledge and turn at the waist almost like a lipslide. Put all your weight on your back foot like a lipslide too. Once you get into a rhythm and lock in it's probably my favorite feeling trick ever.

also, dont try to slam the truck down on the ledge, but rather rise up and reach for it a little. this works for me, it's strange, but because of it i find i can fs smith higher ledges than i can 50

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #2782 on: November 18, 2012, 02:12:16 PM »
I thought I learned back nose slide front big spin out but since doing it really easily I have yet to make another one.

hate when that happens!!!
I need a coffee

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #2783 on: November 18, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
I made up a trick where you do a backside 180 with another body varial at the end of the 180. It's probably been done before, but I think I'll call it a dankspin

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2784 on: November 23, 2012, 03:33:59 AM »
Hit that wallie nosegrab just cuz.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #2785 on: November 23, 2012, 06:08:19 AM »
Half cab back 50.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #2786 on: November 23, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »
consistant stand up fs 50s to fakie on transition, pretty stoked to learn a new trick 1 monthbefore my 30th birthday.

Steyv Seynystyr hyhy

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2787 on: November 23, 2012, 06:42:10 AM »
eyyy i learned front 5-0 to switch crooks yesterday. on tranny that is. superstoked!

Wh0l3

« Reply #2788 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »
nollie fs small spin

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2789 on: November 23, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
bs inverts. cant get my hand up on coping but im close... Ill try to shoot a photo in the next few days.