Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449646 times)

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #2790 on: November 23, 2012, 03:58:58 PM »
hallelujah and praise tha lord! your boy crack-diesel finally landed some type of wallride yesterday (on Turkey Day too, after i had devoured my scrumptious feast.) it was on one of those green electrical boxes that have about a one foot bank at the bottom. i kept trying to do a backside wallride to fakie (or bs wallride nollie out fakie? i dunno.) after about 5-6 tries i finally pulled one and felt so damn hyped (yeah, my hand was on the wall and everything, butt fuck you. one day at a time.) i still have to learn regular ol wallrides, wallies and wallrides nollie out on basic walls, but i feel like i'm slowly getting there. after over 10 years of skating, i can't believe i actually got on a damn wall. it's such a personal milestone for my bitch-ass.

(i also was messing around and tried some late fs shuvs. almost landed it too. i want to get that and straight no complies next.)

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2791 on: November 23, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »
For Wallies just lift that front truck up as if you're about to do a manual, slide your front foot up, and push the board up against whatever you're trying them on. Also this probably goes without saying but you still have to jump as if you're doing an ollie. When I started doing them I thought just bashing the board up against the ledge would make me go up and over it but then I realized I had to jump, now I realize how stupid that sounds. Hope this helps.

apad88

« Reply #2792 on: November 23, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
wallride crail grab hella sketchy tho, still hyped.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #2793 on: November 24, 2012, 02:57:42 AM »
just relearned backside railslides coming out forward, not fakie, in a bowl. super stoked! damn near felt like Hosoi or Cab haha.....

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #2794 on: November 26, 2012, 06:01:51 PM »
Learned sweeper to front d's the other day on a zip zinger. First new trick in awhile, it was a fun day.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #2795 on: November 27, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »
http://www.wikihow.com/Gleek

Been trying to learn since elementary

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #2796 on: November 28, 2012, 06:49:51 PM »
just now, i learned fs 5-0 front shuv out, fs nosegrind fs 180 pop out, fs smith fs 180 pop out, and crook shuv out.

the perks of having my own box  ;D

apad88

« Reply #2797 on: November 29, 2012, 01:58:50 AM »
just now, i learned fs 5-0 front shuv out, fs nosegrind fs 180 pop out, fs smith fs 180 pop out, and crook shuv out.

the perks of having my own box  ;D
video you posted was tight man, good shit.

Thelonious P

• Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
« Reply #2798 on: December 05, 2012, 02:34:14 PM »
Frontside Flips
I could never do them or wrap my head around them till a homie showed me how to position your feet and when to flick, super stoked, trying to cram as many new tricks before the year ends

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #2799 on: December 05, 2012, 03:04:01 PM »
I made up a trick where you do a backside 180 with another body varial at the end of the 180. It's probably been done before, but I think I'll call it a dankspin

Lotti. 6:33. You should do it over a picnic table. Body varials are easy.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #2800 on: December 05, 2012, 03:16:49 PM »
Expand Quote
I made up a trick where you do a backside 180 with another body varial at the end of the 180. It's probably been done before, but I think I'll call it a dankspin
[close]

Lotti. 6:33. You should do it over a picnic table. Body varials are easy.

Not to nitpick, but his was slightly different than mine. His was all one motion; mine is step 1 step 2, you know? That was a dope part though. I'm glad I watched that.

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

DBrown901

« Reply #2801 on: December 05, 2012, 04:01:58 PM »
Half-cab noseslides. Kickflip front nose. Front nosegrind. Front crooks. Front noseslide.
Currently working on half-cab noseslide 270 out. They're fucking difficult though.

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #2802 on: December 08, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
falcon stomp

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #2803 on: December 09, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »
Wallies om straight walls it's opened up a whole new world of spots for me things around my area that I've been walking by for years are now super fun spots it's rejuvintated my skateboarding, I feel like a 16 year old agian!.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2804 on: December 09, 2012, 12:01:13 PM »
Finally undersrand Back lips on ledges. I didn't realize that you had to put weight on the back foot. Kinda thought you just slam that shit on the ledge and start sliding. I think Carroll is the reason why I'm so obsessed with back lips on ledges. Every single one he does looks flawless. I also learned how to 50-50 rails without shitting myself.

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #2805 on: December 09, 2012, 12:06:06 PM »
I'm finally landing varial heelflips consistently. I just hope I don't lose them like I have before.

Also, switch fs bigspins are starting to make more sense

TheNAC

• Rep: -26
« Reply #2806 on: December 29, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »
Nollie inward heels sometimes

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #2807 on: December 29, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »
^landed it properly once in my life, that's enough.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #2808 on: December 29, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »
Threw out a front shuv the other day as a joke. Miraculously landed it.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2809 on: December 29, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
How are you guys still bums?

hornyrick

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2810 on: January 02, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »
Nollie nose grinds.    Wanna learn back tails and fs blunt slides next, any pointers?

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #2811 on: January 02, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »
Nollie nose grinds.    Wanna learn back tails and fs blunt slides next, any pointers?

With back tails, it's all about using your shoulders. You really gotta turn your shoulders into it. It's weird at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's like second nature. For front bluntslides, you just gotta go really fast, ignore your best judgement and go a little faster than you think would be a good idea to go. A couple other tips I have is that you can't halfass it and try to slide the last half-inch; it's gotta be a solid long slide. Also, when you're mid-bluntslide, try to keep your front foot below the bolts, it makes it easier to pop out of. Good luck

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2812 on: January 02, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
fs 360 no comply. Actually its easier than the bs, which came to me easier at first.

hornyrick

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2813 on: January 02, 2013, 01:14:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
With back tails, it's all about using your shoulders. You really gotta turn your shoulders into it. It's weird at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's like second nature. For front bluntslides, you just gotta go really fast, ignore your best judgement and go a little faster than you think would be a good idea to go. A couple other tips I have is that you can't halfass it and try to slide the last half-inch; it's gotta be a solid long slide. Also, when you're mid-bluntslide, try to keep your front foot below the bolts, it makes it easier to pop out of. Good luck
.          Thanks a lot dawg will defiantly take your advice!

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2814 on: January 02, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What do you mean here? Sorry i am not speaking good english.

I ve been tryin to learn them for 2 years and i either get stuck on the ledge or i immediately slip like i stepped on a banana and slam. I rarely do them properly like 1/50 tries but i cant figure out what i did differently from the other times. I do it randomly

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #2815 on: January 03, 2013, 05:38:18 AM »
Finally undersrand Back lips on ledges. I didn't realize that you had to put weight on the back foot. Kinda thought you just slam that shit on the ledge and start sliding. I think Carroll is the reason why I'm so obsessed with back lips on ledges. Every single one he does looks flawless. I also learned how to 50-50 rails without shitting myself.

HOW HOW?? Iv been skating for nye on ten years and still piss my pants with fear when 5050ing round rails.. i love skating rails and have no problem with other tricks, nothing beats locking into a lengthy back feeb but sometimes i just wish i could hop into a fifty and not brick it haha

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #2816 on: January 05, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
Got two new ones and a new variation that I'm working on:

Nollie shuv (behind) b/s nosegrind to shuv out (behind too)

Nollie frontside 180 to sw backside 5-0 to sw 180 out.

Two variations are three shuv out of the first one and sw heel out of nollie 180 sw back 5-0.........

Best of all, I am old as fuck!!!!!!  Turning 34 in a few months.

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #2817 on: January 05, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HOW HOW?? Iv been skating for nye on ten years and still piss my pants with fear when 5050ing round rails.. i love skating rails and have no problem with other tricks, nothing beats locking into a lengthy back feeb but sometimes i just wish i could hop into a fifty and not brick it haha

Assuming we're talking 50-50s on round flat bars, here's some advice. Find an extremely low round rail, approach with moderate to low speed, and try/slip off a bunch of times until you start to develop a balance for them. Just like learning manuals, it's all about finding your center and teaching your body how to anticipate the sensation of balance.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2818 on: January 05, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
boardslide bodyvarial out on a flatbar like Natas in streets on fire

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #2819 on: January 05, 2013, 09:51:36 AM »
No comply fs shove, simple trick id never mastered, reason being I only just tried learning no complies recently, and I love them, just wish I could do them straight up!
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.