Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449562 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #2940 on: May 19, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
Expand Quote
smith kickflip out on ledges. hypes the crowd every time
[close]
Do you set your feet up differently for the ollie than you would for a regular smith? I tried to put my foot farther back than I would for a regular smith so my foot would be in a kickflip position when I land in the smith but then that method just fucks up the smith for me.

Recently I learned late front shuvs and today I did some trick where I do a late front shuv with my front foot and the board kinda raps my foot like an impossible but I'm not sure what it's called. 
\
what kind of question is that? just get into smith and move into kickflip position

BraveUlysses

« Reply #2941 on: May 19, 2013, 07:59:04 PM »
It's a completely legitimate question unlike every question you have ever asked on Slap ever.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2942 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
It's a completely legitimate question unlike every question you have ever asked on Slap ever.
yea u need a new foot placement for the ollie into smith kickflip out, its a secret of the pros

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2943 on: May 21, 2013, 12:15:09 AM »
fuckin fs slappies FINALLY! that trick feels so, so rad.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #2944 on: May 21, 2013, 02:47:52 AM »
Quote from: Tracer ? link=topic=16463.msg1916104#msg1916104 date=1369019705
Expand Quote
[close]
yea u need a new foot placement for the ollie into smith kickflip out, its a secret of the pros

fully agree with mr brave on this one tracer you fudd! my foot is definately more diagonal/kickflippy before i ollie into a smith if i intend to kickflip out of it... same with most flip out tricks your foot is always gonna be different before you ollie in

wiggitywiggity

• Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #2945 on: May 21, 2013, 07:02:30 AM »
The one and only, wallride! Best trick in skateboarding, finally got around to switching dimensions.

StFlour

« Reply #2946 on: May 21, 2013, 02:58:47 PM »
Inward heelflip.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #2947 on: May 21, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
switch back threes on flat and on the hip at the skatepark

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #2948 on: May 21, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »
switch back threes on flat and on the hip at the skatepark

Shits ROCK HARD. I still feel like a kid when I try them regular.
On another note, seem to be getting the hang of switch fs 360's and switch bs heelflips.
Anytime I try a switch heelflip it starts turning backside so I just used the same technique only moved my body and shoulders and VOILAH!  Butter butter everywhere.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

ChewyPoo

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2949 on: May 21, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »
Switch bs180 Nosegrinds.
Learnt frontside wallrides awhile ago aswell.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #2950 on: May 26, 2013, 04:45:09 AM »
Wallie/nollie funny business

StFlour

« Reply #2951 on: May 26, 2013, 07:50:50 AM »
no comply 180 revert

Kankle

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2952 on: May 26, 2013, 07:51:37 AM »
Nollie flip back tail

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2953 on: May 26, 2013, 01:33:10 PM »
Wallies. So in right now, about to film a sponsor me with them.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2954 on: May 26, 2013, 01:55:21 PM »
I think I've done them before a couple of times, but i recetly got comfortable with fakie bs nosegrind bs 180

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2955 on: May 31, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »
switch slappies, fs and bs. fucking psyched, they feel awesome!

jam bra

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2956 on: June 01, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »
fakie front nose.
hadn't ever tried it but landed it after only a few attempts.
not sure why it never occurred to me to try it until now. pretty fun and feels good.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #2957 on: June 01, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »
I fucking FINALLY figured out varial heels. I don't know why I could never do it before. I just started trying to point my back foot inward and it just kinda worked out.

im probably lying

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #2958 on: June 01, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »
Backside Flips

Yu Dum

« Reply #2959 on: June 01, 2013, 09:57:14 PM »
Backside tailslides, fakie front tails, nollie front nose. Been skating ledges too much. I need to skate some stairs soon.

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2960 on: June 01, 2013, 11:27:35 PM »
Ok, anyone wanna let me in on the secret of front shuvs? Like Scott Johnston in Penal Code or Lucas Puig in that recent clip (yes, it was switch) style? My regular ones have sucked, and continue to suck, forever.

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
« Reply #2961 on: June 01, 2013, 11:41:45 PM »
Ok, anyone wanna let me in on the secret of front shuvs? Like Scott Johnston in Penal Code or Lucas Puig in that recent clip (yes, it was switch) style? My regular ones have sucked, and continue to suck, forever.

How do they suck? Couple years ago, I remember I had front shuvs for the longest, then out of the blue, I kind of lost them. If I remember, I would always accidentally kick them with my heel, so they would do a half varial heel kinda of think (like i said, I don't know what's wrong with yours). I was frustrated, so I just tried them switch and I didn't have the problem I had with them regular. It kind of taught me where my front foot is supposed to go - just sort of up. And I always feel like I'm jumping backwards to land on it. I don't know. I'm not good at explaining what my feet do, especially when I'm in front of my computer. PJ has a trick tip on it, I'm pretty sure.

I really just came here to say I kind of sort of landed a no-comply fs 360, so whatever.

dillanharp

« Reply #2962 on: June 01, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »

Switch is the secret, waaaaay easier than regs.

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2963 on: June 01, 2013, 11:58:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do they suck? Couple years ago, I remember I had front shuvs for the longest, then out of the blue, I kind of lost them. If I remember, I would always accidentally kick them with my heel, so they would do a half varial heel kinda of think (like i said, I don't know what's wrong with yours). I was frustrated, so I just tried them switch and I didn't have the problem I had with them regular. It kind of taught me where my front foot is supposed to go - just sort of up. And I always feel like I'm jumping backwards to land on it. I don't know. I'm not good at explaining what my feet do, especially when I'm in front of my computer. PJ has a trick tip on it, I'm pretty sure.

I really just came here to say I kind of sort of landed a no-comply fs 360, so whatever.

Sick!

My thing with front shuvs is just getting them to rotate all the way around. No problem rotating bs/regular shuvs, but something about front ones...most only rotate 90, and I'm not coordinated to catch them there and turn the rest of the way.

Expand Quote
[close]

I KNOW! I don't get it. Switch ones are easy. Regs are mystifying. I DON'T GET IT.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #2964 on: June 02, 2013, 05:36:57 AM »
stand on the balls of your feet (ouch!!!!) in the middle of the tail, front foot just before the bolts with your toes hanging off the slightest bit. kick down and out but not too far out...this is like my most perfected maneuvre. hope that heoplps

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2965 on: June 02, 2013, 07:05:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Sick!

My thing with front shuvs is just getting them to rotate all the way around. No problem rotating bs/regular shuvs, but something about front ones...most only rotate 90, and I'm not coordinated to catch them there and turn the rest of the way.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I KNOW! I don't get it. Switch ones are easy. Regs are mystifying. I DON'T GET IT.
Turn your shoulders inwards like your going backside when you set up and don't rotate them at all, it mimics what your most likely doing when doing them switch (which I find easier too) and keeps the board underneath you. Front shoulder towards back foot.

Dick Butkus

« Reply #2966 on: June 02, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
backside slappy front 180 out
EDIT and I got slappy crooks down pretty good
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:54:00 PM by Dick Butkus »

Yu Dum

« Reply #2967 on: June 02, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
It's all in the scoop of the backfoot. That's all I can say. I'm terrible when it comes to descriptions.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
« Reply #2968 on: June 02, 2013, 05:21:20 PM »
I tried and did a pole jam for the first time today. I don't know why but round rails (and the idea of doing a pole jam) scare the fuck out of me...I had the chance to try it today and it took a few tries to get the speed/balance/dismount down, but I did it and it felt amazing. There's nothing better in skating than the adrenaline rush of facing something that's scary, going for it, and rolling away.

myles.

• Rep: 4
    • mylessk8s avatar image
« Reply #2969 on: June 02, 2013, 07:15:35 PM »
no comply tail to fakie and back tail to fakie (on banks, not sliding very far) haha