Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449568 times)

Mundungus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #3240 on: November 19, 2013, 02:50:48 AM »
Got bs overcrook on this china bank at my local park a week or so ago, and then managed to pull a bs noseblunt out of my ass earlier tonight.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #3241 on: November 19, 2013, 06:53:25 AM »
fakie fs nosegrind ss fs flip out and fakie fs nosegrind ss bs bigspin out and bs noseslide nollie pop to bs 50-50 and then those 180 50-50s like austyn gillette do
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

louie_bk

« Reply #3242 on: November 20, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
bs noseslide nollie pop to bs 50-50

I saw someone do that in their video part (I think it was the Bronze Solo Jazz vid), I can't comprehend it.
Congrats.

Learned nose manuals today, which took forever for me to figure out. Ollied into one down a bank and nollied out of it. Felt amazing.

shark tits

« Reply #3243 on: November 22, 2013, 08:35:11 AM »
learned switch 5050 on a ledge and philly cheesesteak grinds. that trick is super easy if you commit, can't wait to take it to a street spot [i threw a flatbar at the end of a box and got lucky at the park].

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #3244 on: November 22, 2013, 08:57:40 AM »
learned switch 5050 on a ledge and philly cheesesteak grinds. that trick is super easy if you commit, can't wait to take it to a street spot [i threw a flatbar at the end of a box and got lucky at the park].

what?

shark tits

« Reply #3245 on: November 22, 2013, 10:33:41 PM »
it's when you drop off a ledge onto a flatbar [usually grind across and back up a ledge at the other end]. jake johnson did a switch one, lennie kirk did them, sergie trudnoski did them. in that RECORD$ edit poppalardo did one.

Probably A Robot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • dancing about architecture
« Reply #3246 on: November 23, 2013, 10:31:06 PM »
 Half cabs and caballerials on a quarterpipe. Did a bunch of both.
"I'm regular, but I identify as switch backside."

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3247 on: November 23, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »
rolled away from some switch back 3s today

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #3248 on: November 24, 2013, 07:53:20 AM »
Did my first nollie bs heels ever today.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3249 on: November 27, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »
kickflip bs 5050 and kickflip bs willy. working on varialflip bs crook/noseslide

edit: also boneless blunts on curbs

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3250 on: December 02, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »
kickflip staple gun on sidewalks

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #3251 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »
I RECREATED THE PATTY DUFFY RAIL IN THE RAIN SCENE
SHIRTLESS

shark tits

« Reply #3252 on: December 03, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »
switch boardslide shovit. can't do em regular like mike maldonado but i got one on film tonight. bs 180 nosegrind a few days ago and fakie boardslide shove the time before that. i'm going through a little kid-like spurt of new tricks but the sad fact is they're mostly little kid tricks i just never tried.

cretard

• Rep: -12
  • 5st place
« Reply #3253 on: December 03, 2013, 10:15:10 PM »
boneless fs wallrides. Learned them on the pyramid against the wall at Midtown Skatepark the last day it was open  :'(

bittersweet.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3254 on: December 03, 2013, 10:20:49 PM »
b/s nosepick yank in, super awkward trick i've always wanted to learn

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3255 on: December 03, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
b/s nosepick yank in, super awkward trick i've always wanted to learn
wat

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #3256 on: December 04, 2013, 05:44:48 AM »
Switch bs nosegrind.

Dunno if it works, but here's footage:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151570953305920
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #3257 on: December 04, 2013, 01:02:07 PM »
I always called them step off shuvs, relearned them yesterday . Weed sucks Kiddies,it is just n expensive cigarette. .

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #3258 on: December 06, 2013, 12:10:58 PM »
This is from the fall , haha , relearned crooks , tic tic out , ugly as fuck , so hype  :)

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #3259 on: December 06, 2013, 01:06:27 PM »
think of a fs 180 no comply, but a powerslide. so a one foot fs powerslide I guess. haven't been skating much, I pretty much just fuck around and do tricks that are easy to me

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Heisenberg

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3260 on: December 06, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
think of a fs 180 no comply, but a powerslide. so a one foot fs powerslide I guess. haven't been skating much, I pretty much just fuck around and do tricks that are easy to me

Thats pretty much exactly what I was going to post, props

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3261 on: December 06, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
It's this trick called tolerate the rain.  I thought I had it pretty consistent when I was living in Washington state, but after leaving there, I lost it.  Now that it's winter again, I'm having to relearn this shit all over again.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3262 on: December 07, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »
Ollie to fakie on transition. Wanted to do an indy grab on a half pipe my whole life so I'm going to do one tommorow. Got pretty close today. Also pulled out some Gou Miyagi type ish at the park that I don't know how to explain but I'm counting that as a trick too.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3263 on: December 07, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
Ollie to fakie on transition. Wanted to do an indy grab on a half pipe my whole life so I'm going to do one tommorow. Got pretty close today. Also pulled out some Gou Miyagi type ish at the park that I don't know how to explain but I'm counting that as a trick too.

You going above the coping or just doing it on the tranny and coming back in? I can do them like that all day, along with some solid frontside 180s and kickflip to fakies, but I'm scared as fuck to even think about going over the coping and getting some real air. The image of my truck hanging up and going straight to flat is stuck in my head and I can't get rid of it...

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3264 on: December 07, 2013, 06:47:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You going above the coping or just doing it on the tranny and coming back in? I can do them like that all day, along with some solid frontside 180s and kickflip to fakies, but I'm scared as fuck to even think about going over the coping and getting some real air. The image of my truck hanging up and going straight to flat is stuck in my head and I can't get rid of it...
The good news is it's 2013 and they make helmets, knee pads and elbow pads so you can reach your potential.

Keep being gnarly at the coping

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3265 on: December 07, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »
below the coping for today. just learned em and it's only a 3' ramp so i'll mebe launch out of it tomorrow if i loosen my trucks up and can pump the ramp a lil better. i got a frontside boneless just below the coping too (fun ass trick) and maybe a pop shuvit in there too. mostly proud of the ollies tho. i think i almost damaged/fractured my elbow doing a shuvit body varial in a half pipe at the beginning of summer so i try to be extra careful. i hate the way my pads feel so i might have to cop some hockey pads/something more ergonomical i guess the word is.

nosporlactune

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3266 on: December 08, 2013, 02:12:09 AM »
I'm sure others have posted this trick, but I learned back 180 nosegrinds today and I'm really excited about it

shredbuffalo

« Reply #3267 on: December 08, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »
below the coping for today. just learned em and it's only a 3' ramp so i'll mebe launch out of it tomorrow if i loosen my trucks up and can pump the ramp a lil better. i got a frontside boneless just below the coping too (fun ass trick) and maybe a pop shuvit in there too. mostly proud of the ollies tho. i think i almost damaged/fractured my elbow doing a shuvit body varial in a half pipe at the beginning of summer so i try to be extra careful. i hate the way my pads feel so i might have to cop some hockey pads/something more ergonomical i guess the word is.

Word. I'm going to the park today and I'm definitely going to spend some time on the time on the ramp. Maybe I'll see my balls can take over for my brain for a little while and maybe I'll get an inch or two above the coping. Have fun bro.

shredbuffalo

« Reply #3268 on: December 08, 2013, 08:06:34 AM »
The good news is it's 2013 and they make helmets, knee pads and elbow pads so you can reach your potential.
Keep being gnarly at the coping

Wow Tracer...Your contributions to threads are astonishing...The new technology in these "helmets" and "knee and elbow pads" that you speak of sounds amazing and I'll have to do some research when I have more time on my hands. No wonder your gnar-to-kook rep ratio is so high. Keep on keeping us informed so we can all reach our potential!

shark tits

« Reply #3269 on: December 08, 2013, 10:10:47 AM »