Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449584 times)

abudabi

Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #3570 on: September 01, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »
rusty i usually do them the three shuv way where it kinda wraps, but sometimes i can get the proper ones when i try for a while
i move my front foot further up the board, almost touching the front bolts
it seems to work better when my back foot is a little less in the scoopy part of the tail
if you try to think about the board wrapping over the top of your foot its easier
try to let the board go sideways as little as possible
sometimes i get some weird shit when i try too hard to do them properly where the board just does a half flip and i think im gonna sack so uhh try not to do that haha
maybe someone who has them locked can help you out better

ill_Murray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #3571 on: September 02, 2014, 08:22:52 PM »
Figured out switch frontside flips during a game of skate, still struggling too hard with switch flips
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

shark tits

« Reply #3572 on: September 04, 2014, 07:52:03 PM »
Figured out switch frontside flips during a game of skate, still struggling too hard with switch flips
cheers to that ill murray! i had em briefly in the 90s and my sw flipalso happens to be hot liquid garbage.
i did however land 2 back tails and one Suski to fakie [sposedta be back tail] at the worcester courthouse tonight. i think that makes me bonafide like a hilljacker from kentucky who opens his first DQ!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3573 on: September 04, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »
rusty i usually do them the three shuv way where it kinda wraps, but sometimes i can get the proper ones when i try for a while
i move my front foot further up the board, almost touching the front bolts
it seems to work better when my back foot is a little less in the scoopy part of the tail
if you try to think about the board wrapping over the top of your foot its easier
try to let the board go sideways as little as possible
sometimes i get some weird shit when i try too hard to do them properly where the board just does a half flip and i think im gonna sack so uhh try not to do that haha
maybe someone who has them locked can help you out better
word i got my foot pretty close to the bolts too. i guess i just don't have em.

abudabi

« Reply #3574 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:16 PM »
maybe try doing them the old school way with your front foot on the bolts or even a bit above, ive done a couple like that and it feels crazy

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3575 on: September 05, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »
haha. i've tried that believe it or not. i saw this video of a dude doing his way up on the nose even and thought i could maybe do it that way but it was some 6'5" dude on a tiny ass board. all pressure so it's kind of the goofiest thing. still impressive none the less.

dlrmtrggr

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3576 on: September 05, 2014, 07:33:40 AM »
Nollie pressure flips, frontside flip rewind, Switch kickflip, and no comply pressure flip

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #3577 on: September 05, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »
Relearned half cab flips, landed a few front feebles on a flatbar, and I got body varials, no comply 180's and no comply shuv's out of mannys.

And I did one of those weird no comply 180 to fakie 5-0 revert (?) type things that Pontus does, really stoked on that.

http://websta.me/p/802588893824192598_18366059

Need to take it to a ledge now!
damn those yarys bout those squats

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3578 on: September 21, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »
Learned fs board bigspin out on benches. Have had fs board 270 shuv out for many years and started toying with taking it out fakie and it worked. Really stoked because I rarely learn new tricks. More the type to do my same ol' repetoire at new and different spots. So learning a ledge trick got me hyped.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #3579 on: September 21, 2014, 04:55:15 PM »
No-comply impossibles. Funniest shit ever.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3580 on: September 21, 2014, 05:03:17 PM »
BS 180 Blunts on transition.

This is something I could do for one week about 10 years ago then totally lost. I can't say I have them dialed yet and I've only done them on small shit but when I get in the groove I can do them over and over. I watched a trick tip with Chad Bartie on Youtube that helped a lot. Weight inside the tranny, small pop UPWARDS, turn shoulders, weight on BACK truck coming in. The last part is the hardest for me because I tend to put a lot of weight on my front truck I think.

Hope I don't lose them for another decade...

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3581 on: September 24, 2014, 12:26:18 AM »
one foot caveman 5-0, one foot caveman noseslide

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3582 on: September 24, 2014, 12:49:10 AM »
bs 360 no comply.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #3583 on: September 24, 2014, 02:22:12 AM »
longer sliding in backtails
and
backtail shuvit

Kinch

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3584 on: September 24, 2014, 02:57:11 AM »
Back tails, finally back to reg, with proper slide. I've wanted that trick for so long so I'm hyped to be landing some.

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #3585 on: September 24, 2014, 05:45:41 AM »
Switch flips, and switch wallies.. Took me 20 years to get the switch flip, but at least they are decent.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #3586 on: September 25, 2014, 03:02:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Back tails, finally back to reg, with proper slide. I've wanted that trick for so long so I'm hyped to be landing some.
[close]
cant believe how this is the normal struggle to most people... i can only do back tails to regular. i feel like i could try it all day to fakie but it just doesnt work. same with nollie-stance backside tailslides; just cannot land backwards correctly. my friend says its less controlled and easier to do that way, seems harder for me. i think about jason lee and ethan fowler doing them.. the grass is always greener i guess

Same here. I learned backtails and nollie backtails years ago, probably landed em to fakie 3 times combined, and by accident. Also Ive been learning switch backtails too, and those only work back to switch. But front tails and switch front tails I can do to regular and fakie no problem.

ohyouskatewhocares

• Rep: -17
  • shaolinshaolin
« Reply #3587 on: September 26, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
switch fs flip on flat, cant believe this trick is so easy.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3588 on: September 28, 2014, 10:37:34 PM »
shuvit out of nosestall/slide. mad fun. now time to do k flip nose shuvit out. kind've takes me more tries than i like to waste time to do the kickflip in doe. one time for footy will be great. hold your breath slap!

4wheels

« Reply #3589 on: September 28, 2014, 10:52:38 PM »
Been obsessing on early pop outs lately
Bs nose grind early shuv popout

And bs 5-0 early front shuv popout.

yapple dapple

« Reply #3590 on: September 29, 2014, 12:37:16 AM »
Last night dorking around I learned BS boneless to FS 5-0, and BS boneless to BST, stall. It's a scary one to slide.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #3591 on: September 29, 2014, 05:09:31 AM »
never been good at wheelies but i got a half cab manual backside flip out yesterday and was thoroughly stoked

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #3592 on: September 29, 2014, 09:07:10 PM »
that cheesy wallie nollie thing. I've always thought they were a lame way to cheat a wallride, and they are, but they are pretty fun to do.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3593 on: September 29, 2014, 09:19:50 PM »
sw 50-50 a round bar
sw lipslide same bar

going for sw bs 50 if I get that sw backlip next session. I truly enjoy skating switch

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #3594 on: September 30, 2014, 06:18:21 AM »
Getting close to back 360s. Just a tiny bit of lag I need to eliminate. Any tips?

http://websta.me/p/820576352120910399_29494139

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3595 on: September 30, 2014, 06:32:32 AM »
that cheesy wallie nollie thing. I've always thought they were a lame way to cheat a wallride, and they are, but they are pretty fun to do.

How do those work anyway? Like, ollie front wheels into wall then say "no thank you" then turn your back?

I've never tried one partly because I've never been able to put my mind around what is actually supposed to be happening.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #3596 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How do those work anyway? Like, ollie front wheels into wall then say "no thank you" then turn your back?

I've never tried one partly because I've never been able to put my mind around what is actually supposed to be happening.

vertical nosebonk.. kinda

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3597 on: September 30, 2014, 06:52:29 PM »
Getting close to back 360s. Just a tiny bit of lag I need to eliminate. Any tips?

http://websta.me/p/820576352120910399_29494139
Jump straight up instead of out, scoop more.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #3598 on: September 30, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It basically works like doing a noseslide on a wall. I was told it was like popping out of a noseslide, but to me its more like popping out early on a crook. You don't turn your shoulders much and kinda scoot the front of your board up it, and when you feel like you are at your peak, doing the little crook pop motion and turning out. If you try it for an hour you'll probably have it. I actually never tried until a friend asked if I could do them, so I tried, and they came. What makes them so fun is you can do them anywhere there is a wall.
I kinda want to try variations of them now, like pop onto just my back wheels on a wallride, almost like 180ing on or popping into a vertical tailslide, and pop out back to fakie. I can do them frontside to regular and fakie now, so I want to try the frontside one to nollie 360 out (with the acceptance that if I can somehow do this, there will be TONS of revert slithering). Obviously, I also want to learn to do them from all 4 wheels on the wall like pontus.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #3599 on: September 30, 2014, 08:04:23 PM »
on a bank to wall i get all 4 wheels on and do a straight nollie to fakie. i bet i could nollie flip to fakie if i felt like battling it for a bit. i've always hated pictures of those halfassed 2 wheel wallrides so i don't really do em on straight walls where i might be guilty of that. think they're a little harder fs or bs.