Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 450228 times)

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #3690 on: March 14, 2015, 03:53:35 AM »
Ollie late backfoot heelflip
Nosewheelie nollie flip

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3691 on: March 15, 2015, 09:44:33 AM »
Ron Allen style ollie north/illusion no complies. Basically the ollie where your front foot comes off and your board bounces off your back knee. Looks kinda like a straight no comply, but your front foot never hits the ground.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

abudabi

« Reply #3692 on: March 15, 2015, 03:08:20 PM »
sw bs 180 to 5-0 or sw bs 180 nosegrind, whatever you wanna call lennie kirk's hubba hideout trick.
that's a sick one, nice. ive wanted to do those for a while, but havent actually tried them yet. seems scary.

shark tits

« Reply #3693 on: March 15, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »
Expand Quote
sw bs 180 to 5-0 or sw bs 180 nosegrind, whatever you wanna call lennie kirk's hubba hideout trick.
[close]
that's a sick one, nice. ive wanted to do those for a while, but havent actually tried them yet. seems scary.
thanks, i learned em real short regular stance about a yr ago and i can sw bs up curbs so i was trying it to 50-50 a few wks ago and coming down in 5-0. so the other night, i went w/ the intent of doing 5-0 but short and it made a lot of sense. prolly landed one w/in 10 attempts and they feel a lot more comfortable than 180ing into sw 5-0s. i still can't do any fs 180 nosegrinds those for whatever reason.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3694 on: March 15, 2015, 08:36:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
thanks, i learned em real short regular stance about a yr ago and i can sw bs up curbs so i was trying it to 50-50 a few wks ago and coming down in 5-0. so the other night, i went w/ the intent of doing 5-0 but short and it made a lot of sense. prolly landed one w/in 10 attempts and they feel a lot more comfortable than 180ing into sw 5-0s. i still can't do any fs 180 nosegrinds those for whatever reason.

Fs 180 nosegrinds are deceptively hard. I learnt them by watching JT's down the Hollywood 12 a bunch of times and just going fast for them. They may look simple but they are fun as all hell to do. That's what I'mma do a fuck load of next time I'm out on my board now that they are back in my memory.
Sidenote: Having not done one on a ledge in at least 2 years, a week or so ago I was getting a real awkward trick back that is nowhere near as hard as it sounds. Approaching bs, fakie bigspin fs 5-0. It was only a kerb but you better believe they are fun and I'm taking that back to a ledge next time!
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

shark tits

« Reply #3695 on: March 15, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »
heh, i had a friend [since retired for frisbee golf] who usedta fakie bigspin tail every yr on video. sometimes they'd go to 5-0 but between us, those were accidental.
he had fs 180 nosegrinds too, that frickin trick always goes to noseslide to fakie for me. i can do really short fs chink chinks on the last 12-18 inches of a ledge but not really sit on the switch 5-0. there's a shitty park ledge that goes up, flat and down that i've 180 nosegrinded the short down slope but it's sort of cheating cause my board is prolly level, the incline is doing the work.

shark tits

« Reply #3696 on: May 12, 2015, 12:51:57 AM »
sw kickturn on a legit wall. i've done sw wallrides on jersey barriers since forever but i landed a real sw wallride tonight at my plaza. 56mm wheels and channeling matt reason added up to a swell night tonight.

chunkythrusts

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3697 on: May 12, 2015, 10:19:08 PM »
Was really close to learning Fs slappies the other night. My main problem is that when I get my front truck fully locked in my back truck stays on the ground, or if i manage to get both trucks on the curb I kinda do like a sideways type grind where I'm grinding with both trucks but I'm leaning away from the curb too much, instead of actually standing on the grind, and I fall off after only grinding for a split second. Gonna try to go back soon and work on them. Luckily I live right next to a plaza with some amazing red curbs.
Ya I can never get both trucks on top and stay on it fucks me.

enter the dankness

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3698 on: May 12, 2015, 10:30:21 PM »
Quote from: chunkythrusts  link=topic=16463.msg2327594#msg2327594 date=1431494348
Expand Quote
Was really close to learning Fs slappies the other night. My main problem is that when I get my front truck fully locked in my back truck stays on the ground, or if i manage to get both trucks on the curb I kinda do like a sideways type grind where I'm grinding with both trucks but I'm leaning away from the curb too much, instead of actually standing on the grind, and I fall off after only grinding for a split second. Gonna try to go back soon and work on them. Luckily I live right next to a plaza with some amazing red curbs.
[close]
Ya I can never get both trucks on top and stay on it fucks me.

i did my first frontside and backside slappies on a real curb last night, im stoked. to solve the problem of your back truck staying on the ground, try taking almost all of the weight off your back foot. put everything into the front foot and jam it on there. also, visualize your board getting into the 5050 position

Dengles

« Reply #3699 on: May 12, 2015, 11:56:43 PM »
Frontside 180 switch 5-0s and fakie ollie switch 50's half cab out on some mellow ledges also I finally was able to texas plant properly instead of throwing it to disaster on anything over 6 feet.  Yesterday I also managed to accidentally willy grind the bump to rainbow box at some local park, that box is fucked it's like some snowboarding shit.  I was pretty hyped on the willy grind because everyone started to scream free Willy. 

Harem

« Reply #3700 on: May 13, 2015, 01:03:22 AM »
Frontside Halfcab Backside 5-0

Such

« Reply #3701 on: May 13, 2015, 03:28:57 PM »
fs rock n roll...
i suck at tranny.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #3702 on: May 13, 2015, 05:56:49 PM »
I tried a couple 360 flip noseslides on a ledge...couldn't do it. Started trying them down a steep skatepark hubba about the same height as the ledge and landed about 4 out of maybe 30 tries.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3703 on: May 13, 2015, 06:58:52 PM »
halfcab crooks and switch 360 shuvits

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3704 on: May 15, 2015, 12:30:10 AM »
its kinda lame i guess but this spot we skate late at night always had the shittiest red curbs thatd stick so badly and make you eat shit when you tried to grind them but tonight when we went there they had just re-painted them all bright red and with the extra paint they grind really well and i learned how to go pretty fast and do long fs slapppies and shit thats the best feeling trick

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3705 on: May 15, 2015, 07:22:21 AM »
its kinda lame i guess but this spot we skate late at night always had the shittiest red curbs thatd stick so badly and make you eat shit when you tried to grind them but tonight when we went there they had just re-painted them all bright red and with the extra paint they grind really well and i learned how to go pretty fast and do long fs slapppies and shit thats the best feeling trick

How is this in ANY way lame? I'm stoked as fuck for you, after recently learning bs slappies on a nice new(ish) cerb (unpainted here in the Northern Ireland, if you are skating painted curbs here they are one of 2 combinations of colours and either is risky as fuck to skate) I tried a few fs ones and nearly chopped off my big toe. Any tips for these because I'm eager as fuck to learn them.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #3706 on: May 15, 2015, 11:18:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How is this in ANY way lame? I'm stoked as fuck for you, after recently learning bs slappies on a nice new(ish) cerb (unpainted here in the Northern Ireland, if you are skating painted curbs here they are one of 2 combinations of colours and either is risky as fuck to skate) I tried a few fs ones and nearly chopped off my big toe. Any tips for these because I'm eager as fuck to learn them.
I would say go however fast youre comfortable with as long as youre not going slow, going slow makes it way harder. so go fast at a pretty sharp angle and when youre getting close to the curb really swerve into it while kind of leaning back and away from the curb and just slam your trucks into the curb while putting a good amount of force behind your back foot to get your back truck on cause when I'd mess up on them only my front truck would get on and I'd start to willy grind. I feel like if youre leaning away from the curb with all your force in your feet and mainly back foot it really helps you get onto the curb, the grind is pretty quick at first, you'll feel like your slash grinding which is a good feeling. And if I missed anything or got something wrong feel free to correct me anyone, I dont wanna be giving shitty tips haha

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3707 on: May 23, 2015, 09:36:39 PM »
Half cab BS 5-0 bs 180
switch fs 180 50-50 bs 180
Hopefully the Barley grinds will come soon

abudabi

« Reply #3708 on: May 23, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
try switch 180 smith (sw barley i guess) on a little flatbar. easier than i thought it would be.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3709 on: May 23, 2015, 10:20:49 PM »
try switch 180 smith (sw barley i guess) on a little flatbar. easier than i thought it would be.
i tried it a while ago on a flatbar before i learned sw 180 50-50 and 5-0, might have to revisit it. I feel like i need to do it o something a little slanted to help with the grind.

abudabi

« Reply #3710 on: May 23, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »
word, never tried it on a slanted rail, that would be tight. if you have feebles down they might even be easier than switch 180 5050s, since you dont have to pop as high/aim the front truck.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3711 on: May 23, 2015, 11:12:19 PM »
word, never tried it on a slanted rail, that would be tight. if you have feebles down they might even be easier than switch 180 5050s, since you dont have to pop as high/aim the front truck.
that might be the problem, i have landed about 4 feebles in almost 20 years of skating. hopefully ill get to get back out and try soon   

abudabi

« Reply #3712 on: May 23, 2015, 11:26:18 PM »
ah gotcha, doing a bunch of smiths or feebles would probably help

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #3713 on: May 24, 2015, 06:37:46 AM »
Relearned b/s bigspins and heelflips after years and years. I'll try to relearn nollie flips next, but I have almost no interest in flipping my board on flat for hours any longer...

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3714 on: May 24, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »
sw back 5-0 180

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3715 on: May 25, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »
finally figured out nosemanny back 180's, can't go in with open shoulders like a normal nosemanny, need your shoulders square or a little bs, then timing the start of the shoulder bs turn should start around the two and a half foot from the end of the pad mark, depending on your speed of course. had a smile for a good two minutes after that one, good times.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3716 on: June 06, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »
Switch no comply 180 50-50s on a regular sized ledge. Really wanna back 180 or front 180 out of one soon.

sweat stains

• Rep: 33
  • slap sux
    • Shady Griptape avatar image
« Reply #3717 on: June 06, 2015, 09:57:35 AM »
Switch no comply 180 50-50s on a regular sized ledge. Really wanna back 180 or front 180 out of one soon.
Sick, back 180 out would be rad. I just learned no comply 180 to switch 50. I had them Pontus style with the half cab out before I learned em like that.

The other new one I got is boardslide to hurricane on flatbars and double sided curbs. The hard part about that one is trying not to put too much effort in. You just have to stay on your heels and slightly lift your back truck on. If you try to jam it like you would do with boardslide to feeble it doesn't work.
damn those yarys bout those squats

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #3718 on: June 06, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »
That strange no comply hand-flip thing people do.
fakie crail-block stalls on a bank, that's right suckas.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3719 on: July 11, 2015, 07:03:09 PM »
FS nollie no comply powerslide on quarterpipe.