Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449573 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #3780 on: September 18, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »
fakie back tail to regs + fakie f/s crook to regs, stoked!

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3781 on: September 19, 2015, 01:46:13 PM »
tailgrab nollie boneless and they're surprisingly much higher and neater than my regular bonelessses. maybe raddy to go try one on a quarter pipe for shitz and giggles. also learned rolling boneless walrrides but they're not nearly as high or as cool as my bomb drop wallride. i think i got a good one involving the nollie boneless on a bank to wall. also, for those who were wondering, no i couldn't get the bombdrop to fakie hangten wallride last night.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3782 on: September 20, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »
Uh... I locked into some back 5050's after around 13 years of skateboarding the other day...
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

zippy z

« Reply #3783 on: September 20, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
Fs 180 switch manny switch bs 180 out.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #3784 on: September 20, 2015, 05:42:12 PM »
Uh... I locked into some back 5050's after around 13 years of skateboarding the other day...
16 years here and I'm still befuddled!

The tail bash thing Slash does at 17:34 - super fucking fun

OldmanEpic

« Reply #3785 on: September 20, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »
Frontside bluntslides.

Been a trick ive tried for 20 fuckin years and its still scares the shit outta me on a ledge.

Felt soooo good to do a bunch in a row (well i missed some but no horrible slams and I did about 10 or 12 nice ones to fakie)

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #3786 on: September 20, 2015, 08:41:47 PM »
the little kid trick of fakie bs 360s, and backside 360s, i can almost get both of them to spin all the way in the air but for the most part i go a little over 180 and pivot the rest of the way, still can't get f/s flips or tres to work even though i landed them last December.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3787 on: September 21, 2015, 12:43:56 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=16463.msg2382989#msg2382989 date=1442806907
the little kid trick of fakie bs 360s, and backside 360s, i can almost get both of them to spin all the way in the air but for the most part i go a little over 180 and pivot the rest of the way, still can't get f/s flips or tres to work even though i landed them last December.
So let me get this straight full cabs and back 3's are now "little kid tricks". If you're sliding the landing try it off something. MUCH more desirable than "f/s flips or tres"

I took my nollie tailgrab boneless a step farther a second ago and had it flip into a nose casper stall. i got a text that it's probable i can be filmed tonight so maybe i'll try that one downhill after a slide? sounds perfect.

well. i also did a proper tailblock slide the other night those are easier than ya'd think here's the secret: put your foot over the back bolts right. so front foot over the back bolts back foot on the tail, early grabbing the nose just be going fast enough and lift that bitch up. it helps to be going down a hill. to do one foot tailblocks put just one foot- don't matter which one see- over the back bolts and early grabbin the nose lift that bitch up once again. yeah. tailblockin.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #3788 on: September 21, 2015, 05:05:07 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=16463.msg2382989#msg2382989 date=1442806907
Expand Quote
[close]
So let me get this straight full cabs and back 3's are now "little kid tricks". If you're sliding the landing try it off something. MUCH more desirable than "f/s flips or tres"

I took my nollie tailgrab boneless a step farther a second ago and had it flip into a nose casper stall. i got a text that it's probable i can be filmed tonight so maybe i'll try that one downhill after a slide? sounds perfect.

well. i also did a proper tailblock slide the other night those are easier than ya'd think here's the secret: put your foot over the back bolts right. so front foot over the back bolts back foot on the tail, early grabbing the nose just be going fast enough and lift that bitch up. it helps to be going down a hill. to do one foot tailblocks put just one foot- don't matter which one see- over the back bolts and early grabbin the nose lift that bitch up once again. yeah. tailblockin.
i'm not saying there little kid tricks, i'm saying i'm doing the tricks how little kids do them. and tail blocks are cool, i still can't front tail for shit, hell i slide a god damn back tail before and i still can't front tail, i can get into them but i can't slide them, i think i pop too high to get into them.

Chase is a child molestor

• Rep: -10
« Reply #3789 on: September 21, 2015, 05:13:00 PM »
fakie bigspin manual bs 180 out (real sketchy but felt amazing ;D)

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3790 on: September 21, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=16463.msg2383302#msg2383302 date=1442880307
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i'm not saying there little kid tricks, i'm saying i'm doing the tricks how little kids do them. and tail blocks are cool, i still can't front tail for shit, hell i slide a god damn back tail before and i still can't front tail, i can get into them but i can't slide them, i think i pop too high to get into them.
Plenty of full grown respectable men don't complete their rotations in the air when doing them in the street/on flat.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3791 on: September 23, 2015, 08:15:33 AM »
I've been skating 11, and still haven't figured that one out. Looks like a fun trick though.

ohtight

• Rep: 21
« Reply #3792 on: September 24, 2015, 12:11:39 AM »
nollie fs 50. gonna try for nollie 5-0s and nollie nosegrinds tomorrow  ;D
zzz

Flare

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3793 on: September 24, 2015, 12:42:05 AM »
I haven't learned a new trick in ages but I believe the last one was fakie alpha flip.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3794 on: September 24, 2015, 02:06:51 AM »
^ and here we have the planets greatest first post EVER!!!!!!!

my man wit the fakie alpha
dogg take it easy on him it's prob rodney mullen

abudabi

« Reply #3795 on: September 24, 2015, 08:59:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've been skating 11, and still haven't figured that one out. Looks like a fun trick though.
curbs, curbs are your friends. figure out how to stall them, then find a small ledge or wax a good curb.
trust.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3796 on: October 04, 2015, 06:26:53 PM »
Landed a few new ones today , fakie front 180 to FS 50, fakie front nose and did a switch back 180 nosegrind ( it was a little dinker and kinda sketchy but I'm stoked to learn them better)

felix.

• Rep: -34
« Reply #3797 on: October 04, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
half cab blunt stall
I always knew they were easy but I could never lock it in.

fookya

• Rep: -12
« Reply #3798 on: October 05, 2015, 01:01:58 PM »
After years of not understanding how impossibles work, I seemingly out of nowhere learned them. I was doing a line at the park of a few tricks that I'm not that consistent with, someone yelled to me to keep it going, I was on flat and just tried it for some reason. Spun it perfect and stuck it and slipped out, an hour or two later and I had it down pretty good.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #3799 on: October 06, 2015, 07:37:37 AM »
Beanplant dark slide on rails

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #3800 on: October 07, 2015, 09:47:31 AM »
Thought it couldn't be done, but I can do a wheelie by putting my feet in a certain place on the board and then grabbing the nose with my front hand and pulling the board up to a delicate balance. I can only do it like 7 feet. Indy grab works too.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #3801 on: October 07, 2015, 01:55:08 PM »
After years of not understanding how impossibles work, I seemingly out of nowhere learned them. I was doing a line at the park of a few tricks that I'm not that consistent with, someone yelled to me to keep it going, I was on flat and just tried it for some reason. Spun it perfect and stuck it and slipped out, an hour or two later and I had it down pretty good.
that's awesome. I've come close to stuff I've never landed before in a line. I think it gives you that extra incentive/motivation. (Full disclosure: a line for me is basically doing a flip trick after landing a 50-50 on a small ledge.

Lordata

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • Still Skating at 28, Hailey, Idaho area
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3802 on: October 10, 2015, 10:43:34 PM »
Can-Openers over hips!! I'm stoked, they're super fun when you do them right...
here's a little insta clip with one as the second trick.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #3803 on: October 11, 2015, 01:43:09 AM »
i got varial flips, tre flips, fakie b/s and f/s flips, almost got big spins too this week. tomorrow i want to fuck around with ledges, i want to get 5-0s and nose grinds. my main goal is to 50-50 the hubba at soma this week, and board slide the flat bar by the four stair with the drop.

Yu Dum

« Reply #3804 on: October 11, 2015, 08:10:54 AM »
I learned frontside airs, front disasters, kick flip to fakie, and pop into front smith in transition.
Also learned wallies and boardslides up handrails the other day.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #3805 on: October 14, 2015, 11:04:59 PM »
I learned really shitty switch backside noseslides really struggling with getting them to slide a decent distance, I either get toe drag or end up slipping out 

BraveUlysses

« Reply #3806 on: October 19, 2015, 05:34:05 PM »
Back 180 nosegrinds. Ate a lot of shit missing the edge and landing on the top of the ledge instead but once I understood the scoop it was a lot easier to aim right. Hoping for a switch front 180 out at some point.   

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #3807 on: October 19, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
fakie straight no complies, have to be going kinda slow though

fakie fs 180 no comply

nollie big heel on banks

landed on switch manny fs shove, want that then switch varial heel out, shit's been my money gun. gotta find a good local pad.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #3808 on: October 20, 2015, 03:08:17 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=16463.msg2383302#msg2383302 date=1442880307
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

while popping the trick try to have your back foot in the "backside pocket" of your tail (the pocket where otherwise your heel would rest). it worked for me as it would compensate for the lack of rotation and maybe the excessive ollieing. the first few will inevitably turn to fakie
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

RickRust

• Rep: -26
  • Shout out all the pear.
« Reply #3809 on: October 20, 2015, 07:25:37 AM »