Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449658 times)

Jake From State Farm

Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #3930 on: June 01, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
switch frontside heelflips

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3931 on: June 01, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Barley grind and barley grind 180 out. Hyped that I'm still learning legit new tricks in my 30's. Was trying to do them switch after, don't have them yet, but stay tuned....
[close]
Got any tips on how to sit on that one? I've been trying to work on my ledge/rail tricks, but can't seem to figure out where to keep my feet planted.
[close]
I kinda turned my front foot inward a bit, and set up like I was going for a boardslide, and kinda aimed my front truck while trying to have the lip of my board hit first, then lock in the truck- not like a boardslide to barley, its just like a millisecond on the way down. Also, 180 out is easier- landing them to fakie was seriously throwing my balance off, and the ones I got that way were far from perfect, but the 180 ones were going smooth at the end.  For the record though, my advice might be terrible, its just what worked for me.
[close]

How do you hold the grind after turning? For me, the turn makes it feel nothing like a smith/switch smith once your truck hits. I can 180 switch 5-0 to switch and regs like its nothing so naturally I've tried these a few times but cannot lock in properly for the life of me.
Honestly can't say, it just kinda worked for me, I learned them the first day I really tried them, because for some reason that day it just felt like it would work, and with a few tries, it did. lap the truck that is grinding so that your heelside wheel is against the ledge/rail and push your board against it I guess? I don't know, I actually thought the 180 made it easier to keep it locked in than a regular smith....sorry if that's not any help
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #3932 on: June 01, 2016, 05:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Barley grind and barley grind 180 out. Hyped that I'm still learning legit new tricks in my 30's. Was trying to do them switch after, don't have them yet, but stay tuned....
[close]
Got any tips on how to sit on that one? I've been trying to work on my ledge/rail tricks, but can't seem to figure out where to keep my feet planted.
[close]
I kinda turned my front foot inward a bit, and set up like I was going for a boardslide, and kinda aimed my front truck while trying to have the lip of my board hit first, then lock in the truck- not like a boardslide to barley, its just like a millisecond on the way down. Also, 180 out is easier- landing them to fakie was seriously throwing my balance off, and the ones I got that way were far from perfect, but the 180 ones were going smooth at the end.  For the record though, my advice might be terrible, its just what worked for me.
[close]

How do you hold the grind after turning? For me, the turn makes it feel nothing like a smith/switch smith once your truck hits. I can 180 switch 5-0 to switch and regs like its nothing so naturally I've tried these a few times but cannot lock in properly for the life of me.
[close]
Honestly can't say, it just kinda worked for me, I learned them the first day I really tried them, because for some reason that day it just felt like it would work, and with a few tries, it did. lap the truck that is grinding so that your heelside wheel is against the ledge/rail and push your board against it I guess? I don't know, I actually thought the 180 made it easier to keep it locked in than a regular smith....sorry if that's not any help

That heelside wheel thing kinda makes sense, perhaps trying it on a round flatbar could help. Cheers

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #3933 on: June 23, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »
Today I landed my first ever switch 360 flip. I'm 36 and have been actively chasing that trick for the last 12 years. So no talent whatsoever, but I fucking did it. Needless to say I'm on cloud nine.

straight

« Reply #3934 on: June 23, 2016, 12:45:27 PM »
belly flop 5050

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3935 on: June 23, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

That heelside wheel thing kinda makes sense, perhaps trying it on a round flatbar could help. Cheers

I learned Barley grinds trying to learn hurricanes, which I never learned. I know it differs for everyone but Gip is pretty right on in his description. I sit my lower half like I'm cruising on a fakie 5050, sort of the same principal as how you treat a smith grind as a 5050 with one of your legs straight, it's sort of the same thing. My upper half I keep straight like when you sit on top of a boardslide so you can throw it out in front of you if you start to slip out. if you sit on it like that pulling them back to regs feels really natural. When I pop my front foot is real close and sometimes covering my bottom bolts on my front truck. I'm not an expert on them or anything but I can do them so that's good enough right?

louie the taurus

• Rep: -119
« Reply #3936 on: June 24, 2016, 01:33:08 PM »
fakie lazer flip.
actually wanted to do a fakie varial heel in a game of skate, but pushed too hard on the nose and landed it 99%. tried again and got it pretty clean even, no tic tac or whatsoever. was super hyped that i did it 2nd try ever and once again found out how false beliefs in how hard some tricks might be are limiting you. just try shit!

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #3937 on: June 25, 2016, 12:55:54 AM »
Fs slappy, so much fun.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #3938 on: June 25, 2016, 08:40:11 AM »
Rock to pivot to fakie. I've done them to feeble and pivot but I was never able to get them to fakie. Very satisfying!

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #3939 on: June 26, 2016, 09:18:04 AM »
Never had nollie flip crooks but they're starting to work

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #3940 on: June 26, 2016, 09:30:52 AM »
i had pivot fakies couple years ago on a super small miniramp but never did it since. but now since there is a new DIY spot in town i got them back really well on a small china bank. also bs nosepick pop in and switch pivot and popping in back to regular. don't know what it is called though

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #3941 on: June 26, 2016, 12:56:51 PM »
lazy faker flips here. pretty hyped.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #3942 on: June 26, 2016, 01:49:13 PM »
Learnt back tail frontside 270's and halfcab bs nosegrind bs 180 out this past week

BraveUlysses*

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3943 on: June 27, 2016, 12:05:45 AM »
Back over willy or I guess I always knew it from messing up on back lips but I've started intentionally doing them & they feel cool. Been able to do them tweaked so it looks like a back lip but with my front truck grinding instead of the board being all flat on the ledge & looking like a failed 50-50 or something.

swag nollies

« Reply #3944 on: July 03, 2016, 08:07:16 PM »
Fakie ollies on QP's. Like Alvarez style, with your body facing the coping. Its gotta be a mellow quarter or a steep ass bank. Feels good.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #3945 on: July 04, 2016, 08:22:04 AM »
Back over willy or I guess I always knew it from messing up on back lips but I've started intentionally doing them & they feel cool. Been able to do them tweaked so it looks like a back lip but with my front truck grinding instead of the board being all flat on the ledge & looking like a failed 50-50 or something.
I think you mean Losi grinds

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 721
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3946 on: July 04, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »
Trying to learn how to do wallie nollies any tips?

Sorry for lurkin this far back, but I can do them to fakie and its almost like an over-exaggerated slappy backside nose on a wall
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3947 on: July 04, 2016, 11:13:55 AM »
I though that shit was a bag lady  (the back over willy that soda called the losi grind -maybe it got a name on street and a different name for vertical.)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

HoudiniXLogic

• Rep: -17
« Reply #3948 on: July 04, 2016, 09:14:56 PM »
Just started boosting frontside bonelesses off the coping.

I hadn't been doing Bonelesses on transition much since I was still learning to skate transition because one time after taking the front foot off the board snapped into my face, but for some reason 2 months ago I started to do bonelesses again and the shit just clicked in my head. I guess following the nocomply 180 trend helped out with this one.

Anyways,

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3949 on: July 06, 2016, 05:26:09 PM »
    I learned backside 180 flips on flat tonight.  I thought it was a trick that i just couldn't do.  I had alot of fun.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #3950 on: July 07, 2016, 12:11:13 AM »
Getting there with switch frontside flip.
Started ollieing into switch backside 50-50 on curbs. Still feels awkward due to stiff torso movement, hard to describe, but I can get on both trucks and pop out straight.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #3951 on: July 07, 2016, 12:39:25 AM »
kinda learned back smiths today , they weren't dipped as much as i'd like them to be though

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #3952 on: July 07, 2016, 01:04:21 AM »
Caveman kickflips

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3953 on: July 12, 2016, 01:28:33 PM »
Fakie ollie fakie manny fakie flip

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #3954 on: July 12, 2016, 01:57:46 PM »
a revert b/s 180 off curbs

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #3955 on: July 12, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »
Getting there with switch frontside flip.
Started ollieing into switch backside 50-50 on curbs. Still feels awkward due to stiff torso movement, hard to describe, but I can get on both trucks and pop out straight.
I don't think I'll ever have sw fs flips. I can switch bs flip sometimes but my board never wants to flip and spin frontside at the same time switch. I've also always wanted to learn switch bs 50s.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #3956 on: July 12, 2016, 08:38:10 PM »
Nollie 180 switch crooks. I find it so hard to pop out of any crooked grind, can only drop of the ledge when it ends of 180 out, very frustrating.

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3957 on: July 12, 2016, 08:42:35 PM »
Just learned sweepers last week. I could never figure out how to drop in with only the front foot. Did it on a bank like 20 times and now I can sweep anything.

Also just learned FS boneless the same way.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #3958 on: July 13, 2016, 08:54:49 AM »
i learned pop shuv 50-50 fs shuv outs couple weeks ago, i haven't skated since because i got injured
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3959 on: July 13, 2016, 09:05:27 AM »
Nollie 180 switch crooks. I find it so hard to pop out of any crooked grind, can only drop of the ledge when it ends of 180 out, very frustrating.

Did you get them by accident while doing nollie tails? That's how I got them, and really the only way I can still do them. Just an over turned nollie tail. I also have to fall off the end. No hopping out for me.