Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449588 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #4110 on: September 04, 2017, 05:47:03 PM »
Finally learned slappy feeble on this painted parking block near my house. Stoked. Feels super good when they're grinding
awesome, backside?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #4111 on: September 04, 2017, 06:41:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Finally learned slappy feeble on this painted parking block near my house. Stoked. Feels super good when they're grinding
[close]
awesome, backside?
8) backside

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4112 on: September 05, 2017, 03:20:57 AM »
that body varial fakie smith/switch willy? dunno what the proper name is but it seems to be a popular one

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #4113 on: September 11, 2017, 06:28:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Finally learned bs noseblunts, but only on a flatbar for now. Can't seem to translate it to a ledge yet. And tips for that?
[close]

no idea but if you figure out let me know, that trick scares the living shit out of me haha
[close]
Deffinetly not a expert since i've only done a few, but ollieing way higher than you think you should is key for me.
That and committing to trying it.
And wax.
[close]

Working on this on a tiny curb at the moment and agree with everything said here. My greatest fear is getting stuck and landing on my back on the edge and end of the curb. 

SAME!

Yu Dum

« Reply #4114 on: September 11, 2017, 07:24:39 AM »
Been messing around on round rails lately. Finally pulled off a front lip and front tail this past week. Thinking about stepping up to actual grinds soon...

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #4115 on: September 15, 2017, 09:11:51 AM »
Haven't learned anything new in a long time, but I finally learned switch no comply 360's yesterday. Felt pretty good about that one.

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #4116 on: September 16, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »
Last session : crooks shuv, and on tranny : layback grind, fakie lazy grind (name?), and frontside hurricane stall.
Sooo stoked!

drcroc

« Reply #4117 on: September 16, 2017, 03:52:16 PM »
Nollie backside 180 pivots on flat.  Trying to see if I can get them to where I can pop em or just do a regular backside 180. I'm not very good  :P

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #4118 on: September 22, 2017, 09:48:31 AM »
Full Cab Boardslide (kinda like a halfcab front board) on a small park flatbar. Such a rad feeling, but totally scary. I felt like i was exaggerated my wind-up so much, but it was working.

Anybody got tips for front threes? I have absolutely no idea how people do it. I always just do a big front 180, and hit the ground before I can finish rotating, so i'm basically just doing a jacked and stupid looking front 180. Is it all in the wind-up? Do you spin the whole 360 consistently, or do you do a front 180 and whip the rest of it later? Do you pivot? halp please

drcroc

« Reply #4119 on: September 22, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »
Full Cab Boardslide (kinda like a halfcab front board) on a small park flatbar. Such a rad feeling, but totally scary. I felt like i was exaggerated my wind-up so much, but it was working.

Anybody got tips for front threes? I have absolutely no idea how people do it. I always just do a big front 180, and hit the ground before I can finish rotating, so i'm basically just doing a jacked and stupid looking front 180. Is it all in the wind-up? Do you spin the whole 360 consistently, or do you do a front 180 and whip the rest of it later? Do you pivot? halp please

Try the FS 180's over another skateboard propped on it's side. From there you'll be popping them better. I never did a front three but I got decent at Front 180s to where I could do pretty big ones over stuff.

One thing I've done recently is to practice rotating on my board, stationary on grass. It gets me used to the feeling of being in control and balanced and landing the rotations (whether fakie, switch, whatever) then when I go to the street I am more comfortable for what's going to happen, instead of just hucking stuff.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #4120 on: September 22, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »
semi consistent frontside flips thanks to a mike carroll line

shark tits

« Reply #4121 on: September 28, 2017, 10:40:28 AM »
landed 2 cab fs boardslides on doublesided curb today. i'd say it's a new trick i learned. i've been doing cab fs noseslide on curb for a while and the boardslide actually feels easier to slide [go figure, fs boardslides easier than fs noseslides.].
i think president reagan posted yrs ago that cab back lips were easier than cab fs boards and i don't know if that's his troll character or he believes that but i tried em to bs lip and the rotation is fun but there's no controlling it. never landed shit but end up in anything from 50-50 to bs nosesblunt.
but yeah, cab fs boardslide, take me to your flatbar!

shark tits

« Reply #4122 on: October 10, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »
boardslide popover on a DIY ledge made specifically to learn boardslide popovers.
don't skate harder, skater smarter.
cheers to gilliland in tempe for inspiration!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4123 on: October 10, 2017, 05:48:59 PM »
finally got my backside poweslides working pretty consistently thanks to all of SLAP's advice. don't really know if I could do them with any sort of actual speed like frontside ones but let's see...
my backside slappies are also a lot more consistent which feels great

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #4124 on: October 13, 2017, 04:10:36 PM »
Technically not new, but yesterday I switch ollied a 4 set and did a bs board slide 270 out on a down bar at the park

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4125 on: October 14, 2017, 04:55:09 AM »

Hang your toes on your front foot a little bit off the board, put your back foot in
The pocket of the tail a lot like a front shove but a bit more pressure. Wind up, when you pop whip that shit around , I let my back foot do most of the work. Your front foot just guides it around. Hope this helps

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #4126 on: October 14, 2017, 05:01:34 AM »
Learned the lotti spin last night (bs 180 with a 360 body varial). Had no idea it was called that. Hyped as I know I will never land a bs 360.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4127 on: October 14, 2017, 08:28:30 AM »
I think he called it a spin out....

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #4128 on: October 15, 2017, 07:05:23 AM »
Learned switch fs slappy's, hyped on that one. Also got a fakie shuv switch 5050 yesterday. Kinda a weird trick but I was okay with doing one.

shark tits

« Reply #4129 on: October 15, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »
i learned sw wallie boardslides a few wks ago and last night i did a few bs nosemanuals. idk if it's a new trick per se but i've never tried that approach and it's a lot more awkward than straight on or fs nose manuals.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #4130 on: October 15, 2017, 07:26:31 AM »
Did my first switch flip back tail to switch the other day, felt pretty awesome.  I've done a decent amount of them to regular, but never could get myself to land switch. 

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #4131 on: October 19, 2017, 07:32:07 PM »
Walljam fakie. Gonna try and take it 360 (180?) tomorrow. How can I do a regularass Wallie tho? First new thing I've tried since summer started, and it feels good

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #4132 on: October 20, 2017, 09:06:28 AM »
Kickflip back tail

Granted, it was a little donk of a back tail, but it felt so amazing. Felt like I actually had a little bit of tech game even though I can't nollie flip, haha. I can do pretty lengthy regular ol' back tails so my next goal is trying to slide the kickflip backtail a bit longer.

What's easier for you guys... Kickflip krooks or kickflip back tails? Personally, I'd go with the latter..

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4133 on: October 21, 2017, 09:56:50 AM »
have been sticking back heelflips for a couple weeks, they dont quite make sense yet
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4134 on: October 21, 2017, 11:44:23 AM »
switch noseslide 270 shuv

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
« Reply #4135 on: October 21, 2017, 04:19:12 PM »
Got front blunts down and figured out on the parking block outside of work, taking them to the local bowl is where I'm at now but can't fucking pop back in. Soon! Ledges next

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #4136 on: October 23, 2017, 02:07:45 AM »
Did my first switch flip back tail to switch the other day, felt pretty awesome.  I've done a decent amount of them to regular, but never could get myself to land switch.

Damn, this is the only way I can sometimes land them. Even without the flip in I find it almost impossible to land normal (the full 180). With regular bsts it used to be the exact opposite.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

mick1shrdn

« Reply #4137 on: October 23, 2017, 02:09:58 AM »
Got switch no-comply bigspin heels recently, can't stop doing them now

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #4138 on: November 11, 2017, 08:41:46 PM »
Did a couple switch fs bigspins tonight. They've never made sense to me in the past, but after over rotating a switch fs shove it just kinda clicked. Also did a back 3 with little/no revert so I'm super hyped about that. Whenever I try back 3s I just end up kinda bullshitting them around but once in a blue moon I'll get a good one.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #4139 on: November 12, 2017, 03:33:18 AM »
got a flip bs crooked yesterday.
was going a little slow but none
theless i grinded decently long.