Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449613 times)

sloppycurb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #4380 on: April 17, 2019, 05:49:02 PM »
pivot fakie & back tail revert

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #4381 on: April 22, 2019, 02:40:13 PM »
Finally learned f/s axle stalls today, fuck that felt good. I know it's a basic trick, and I'm skateboard-old so I should already have it, but I just never got around to learning it (starting skating transition late, limited time due to responsibilities).

Was going on solo morning missions to reel it in, finally happened today. It's funny because it was a small quarterpipe but my heart was pumping as I got closer and closer. Even the small shit can break you as we all know, so it took awhile to commit to keeping my back foot on. Learning tricks is still such an uplifting experience. Hope you're all getting some.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #4382 on: April 23, 2019, 04:47:15 AM »
Who has the secrets to BS Noseblunt?
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #4383 on: April 23, 2019, 05:14:09 AM »
bs nosegrind bs shuv out, proper fs flips
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #4384 on: May 06, 2019, 03:21:15 PM »
Was messing around between classes and learned those weird 1 footed shuvs and a weird power slide no comply thing, as inspired by Leo Valls
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #4385 on: May 06, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »
noseslide transfer on double-sided curb. Super random, wasn't even planning on trying it at all  :D

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #4386 on: May 06, 2019, 03:35:40 PM »
Last week I did a full-cab flip for the first time in years. Felt pretty good about that.

I also tried doing one of those curb things where you drop off into a manual and pop up the other side of the road, but then I realized I can't really pop out of manuals that well. Any tips?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #4387 on: May 06, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »
I'll be completely honest and state that the newest thing I learned was to ollie higher and up stuff better. Skated this new spot right down the street from my house; brand new loading dock with a long yellow ledge. It could also be skated as a manual pad. My good friend did a ride on FS 50-50 and popped out to a five foot drop.

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #4388 on: May 06, 2019, 03:55:18 PM »
I learned back 180 fakie 5-0s and I think I can do one back to regular.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #4389 on: May 06, 2019, 03:56:49 PM »
Last week I did a full-cab flip for the first time in years. Felt pretty good about that.

I also tried doing one of those curb things where you drop off into a manual and pop up the other side of the road, but then I realized I can't really pop out of manuals that well. Any tips?

You just need to be comfortable enough on the manual that you can pretend you're on all four wheels when you're really not, and pop out (or up the next thing) doing just that. With practice it'll eventually stop mattering altogether whether you are on two or four wheels prior to popping up the curbs. Also works for nollies out of nosewheelies. Keep movement to a minimum and try to use your arms as little as possible.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 03:58:40 PM by silhouette »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4390 on: May 06, 2019, 05:26:57 PM »
full cabs off the side of a wide bank ramp to flat -never did that b4.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

reverbtank

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4391 on: May 06, 2019, 05:45:21 PM »
FS Slappy. Don't got them consistent yet.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4392 on: May 06, 2019, 11:27:53 PM »
do no comply variations count?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #4393 on: May 20, 2019, 03:45:15 PM »
Learned f/s axle grinds on transition today. I refuse to call them f/s 5050s.

Took me forever to learn this very basic trick that any 8-year-old can do, but hey, now I've got it. Watching YouTube videos of men in their 40s holding onto straps or fences to build up the courage to pop into the transition frontside really gave me the drive I needed.

No but seriously, I finally learned f/s axle stalls not too long ago and it was a battle to practice them and "keep" them in my memory, but they're there now so grinding came pretty easily. Can't wait to grind them longer and faster.

Want to learn feeble fakies next if anyone has any tips.

Edit: Also relearned nollie flips the other day after like twelve years of not doing one. But they're so inconsistent that I was reminded why I lost them in the first place, I just grew bored of jumping around on flat all the time.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 03:48:07 PM by Adam Abbas »

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #4394 on: May 20, 2019, 03:54:19 PM »
Point your front foot and lean back a little bit. It'll be scary at first but they'll totally become second nature.  :D

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4395 on: May 20, 2019, 06:50:14 PM »
Learned front 180 sw crooks on ledges and re learned front crail 360.

usedtostillskate

• Rep: -1
« Reply #4396 on: May 20, 2019, 06:53:58 PM »
Frontside bigspin and Smith without going to fakie. The Smith to regular I've been trying to do for literally 15 years. 

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4397 on: May 20, 2019, 07:11:40 PM »
Slappies! Great feeling.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #4398 on: May 20, 2019, 07:41:27 PM »
I got switch bs 180 this week but they’re fucking ugly. I want switch tre. Everyone I grew up with who still skates got a switch tre.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4399 on: May 22, 2019, 05:03:56 AM »
Finally learned f/s axle stalls today, fuck that felt good. I know it's a basic trick, and I'm skateboard-old so I should already have it, but I just never got around to learning it (starting skating transition late, limited time due to responsibilities).

Was going on solo morning missions to reel it in, finally happened today. It's funny because it was a small quarterpipe but my heart was pumping as I got closer and closer. Even the small shit can break you as we all know, so it took awhile to commit to keeping my back foot on. Learning tricks is still such an uplifting experience. Hope you're all getting some.

i know this is a late reply but honestly it was the exact same shit for me with fs axle stalls. i remember trying to learn them years ago and ate shit coming in and from that i just never learned how to do them, so if i done a fs 5050, 5-0 etc i'd have to take it to tail and then in. i learned fs 5050 grab ins before doing them normally ;D what unlocked it for me was doing a fakie smith stall, i could do them kinda grinded but never stalled. one day i figured it out and thought "hey coming back in from that wasn't that bad", went back up fakie again and done the 5050 in, then back up and done the regular front 5050. still not super great at them and id prefer a back 5050 any day but it feels good getting a decently grinded frontside trick.

anyway randomly done fs 5-0 to no comply tailslide yday, bit of a circusy one but it feels nice.

pussyslayer7

• Rep: -12
« Reply #4400 on: May 22, 2019, 09:03:30 AM »
Polejam bs 360

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #4401 on: May 22, 2019, 12:19:35 PM »
finally landed a back tail big spin and not end up rolling back the way i came.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #4402 on: May 26, 2019, 02:09:08 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4403 on: June 12, 2019, 06:19:29 AM »
- Mentioned frontside powerslide to tail slide slappies a few pages back, left them alone for a while but now I can lock into them pretty consistently.
- started trying back no comply to tailslides on a tiny ledge and reckon I could get them down once I get my timing right!
- started trying to learn full cabs at 40 years old. I’ve always been a half caber but after playing around with some 360 slide variations I figured I could probably do them if I tried. I can fakie backside Ollie to like 200 degrees and then do a big cheater revert but is there any tips to whipping them around faster while you’re still airborne? I’d like to at least get to 270 before reverting ....

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4404 on: June 12, 2019, 06:45:08 AM »
Learned f/s axle grinds on transition today. I refuse to call them f/s 5050s.

Took me forever to learn this very basic trick that any 8-year-old can do, but hey, now I've got it. Watching YouTube videos of men in their 40s holding onto straps or fences to build up the courage to pop into the transition frontside really gave me the drive I needed.

No but seriously, I finally learned f/s axle stalls not too long ago and it was a battle to practice them and "keep" them in my memory, but they're there now so grinding came pretty easily. Can't wait to grind them longer and faster.

Edit: Also relearned nollie flips the other day after like twelve years of not doing one. But they're so inconsistent that I was reminded why I lost them in the first place, I just grew bored of jumping around on flat all the time.
  Wtf happened to Olson? (Edit I mean his emo to fresh kit switch)  Chad and Steve were rad but shortys was dog shit. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 06:46:52 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shrockitis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4405 on: June 12, 2019, 06:58:57 AM »
Been on a bit of a mark baines binge recently, got me hyped to learn nollie 180 sw crooks. First time trying it did one within 10 tries and now I probably get one every couple hours, funny how it be like that.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #4406 on: June 12, 2019, 07:02:16 AM »
Been on a bit of a mark baines binge recently, got me hyped to learn nollie 180 sw crooks. First time trying it did one within 10 tries and now I probably get one every couple hours, funny how it be like that.

I tried a few of these at the park yesterday, I think the ledge I was trying it on had a weird angle. I gave up after a few tries. Still on my bucket list for this summer.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #4407 on: June 12, 2019, 07:10:08 AM »
I almost learned front disaster to smith last night. I think there was one where I technically did it but it wasn’t locked very well. I can do back disaster to sugarcane but that direction in general feels more comfortable to me.

Mr_Friend

• Rep: 1
  • formerly Mr_Friendly
« Reply #4408 on: June 12, 2019, 07:32:16 AM »
I finally psyched myself up and committed to front side half cab to front board on a flat bar, I landed one to regular and one back to fakie, very excited about it!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4409 on: June 12, 2019, 07:39:31 AM »
I finally psyched myself up and committed to front side half cab to front board on a flat bar, I landed one to regular and one back to fakie, very excited about it!

hard trick, I can do the nollie version (nollie back lip) though. Actually, come to think of it I’ve beem getting pretty good at fakie front noseslides on a small curb lately and funnily enough I have to think of them as switch nollie back tails which is ridiculous but it helps line up my shoulder properly 🤔

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year