Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449622 times)

imposter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #4560 on: May 27, 2020, 09:04:52 AM »
Switch no pop bigspin

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #4561 on: May 27, 2020, 09:12:38 AM »
learned how to 3shuv while trying to pressure flip the other day

If serious, you're trying pressure flips wrong. You're supposed to press down on your big toe somewhere around your back wheel and the corner of your tail and essentially stand up on that toe causing the board to tip over, not scoop off the side.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #4562 on: May 27, 2020, 09:14:55 AM »
haven't rolled away from one yet but currently in the process of learning fakie 3flip switch manuals

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #4563 on: May 27, 2020, 09:38:59 AM »
haven't rolled away from one yet but currently in the process of learning fakie 3flip switch manuals
That would be so sick, I feel like I could learn it potentially but I don't have switch manuals like that, or at all really.

diogenesofkokomo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4564 on: May 27, 2020, 12:09:43 PM »
bs slappy crook to fakie

such a fun trick to bust out on a curb or parking block. I'm still working on getting them consistent, but they feel great to roll away from.

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #4565 on: May 27, 2020, 12:26:17 PM »
Switch shove. I am awful at switch.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #4566 on: May 27, 2020, 12:51:12 PM »
Nollie FS Heel and Nollie Flips. COVID19 got me working on my flatground again like I'm 14. Haha
Super Champion Fun Zone

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4567 on: May 27, 2020, 05:21:07 PM »
“She-knows” manual

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #4568 on: May 27, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
Slappy crooks (to fakie and regs), slappy crook shove out, slappy feeble pop out.
Working on slappy crooks big spin out and switch fs biggies

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4569 on: June 07, 2020, 02:36:33 AM »
Non-political post cuz I went for a fairly good roll this morning!

Backside boardslide to 270 out; it’s more like a board slide to pop out later revert but I’ll take it. Gunna try and get the half-cab version of it dialed soon and hopefully that will give it more of a 270 out feel.

Also getting switch 360 power slide to switch front 180s on flat. Not sure what to call it, might just name it a Leo Valls 😂

Edit: for some reason I bet silhouette fucks with both of these tricks
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 02:48:36 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4570 on: June 07, 2020, 03:13:20 AM »
Non-political post cuz I went for a fairly good roll this morning!

Backside boardslide to 270 out; it’s more like a board slide to pop out later revert but I’ll take it. Gunna try and get the half-cab version of it dialed soon and hopefully that will give it more of a 270 out feel.

Also getting switch 360 power slide to switch front 180s on flat. Not sure what to call it, might just name it a Leo Valls 😂

Edit: for some reason I bet silhouette fucks with both of these tricks

I don't do switch powerslides or powerslides on flatground in general but occasionally when riding fakie I'll do a fakie 360 revert thing (like a non-popped cab just sliding around) or a variation with a body varial if I feel like turning my body the other way around. I've probably done a few to sw f/s shove without thinking (and I really like doing them into fakie flips) but now you just gave me some ideas for new funky shit based on switch frontside maneuvers out of them.

Backside boardslide 270's I probably learned before normal backside boardslides because the front rock pop out type of motion used to be more natural for me than just dropping off the end of the ledge, occasionally I'd early nosegrab out of those too but I haven't done those in like 15 years. I'm not hesh enough for that stuff and I don't really do backside boardslides in general (but now I'm thinking maybe out of 'wallie' boardslide could look interesting). I do have front board bigspin out on ledges as a guilty pleasure trick, though...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 03:15:37 AM by silhouette »

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #4571 on: June 07, 2020, 03:13:35 AM »
switch pop shovit
check my music

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4572 on: June 07, 2020, 05:46:46 AM »
Silhouette > what if I told you my back board 270 are the other way (not the front rock way)?

I always liked half cab nose slide 270 out, but have never been able to do them. I figured though that if it was half cab boardslide 270 then I might have a chance so I’m building up to that. Maybe my description is shit but basically you drop off your regular boardslide and then do a quick backside revert shortly after landing if that makes sense? Not a trick you see often and I’m happy to take anything I can get at 41.

The power slide combos are fun, just watching Leo he seems like he can bust a quick little trick at the end of his slides, and quick switch front 180s ollies for me at least can be done fairly quickly so I chucked a few out today and was pleasantly surprised. 

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4573 on: June 07, 2020, 05:57:22 AM »
Ah yeah I should have figured that out when you first said you wanted to try learning half cabs into those and that it would help with the motion, yeah that's a good trick, I could see it working 'legit' by over exaggerating the kind of nollie pop some people naturally get out of backside boardslides even on rails (not talking about an actually nollie pop although that would work too with three extra sets of balls). I've had the frontside boardslide counterpart on my mind for a while myself so you'd front board then frontside 270 out mid-ledge, but in reality I never even try it because just front board pop out going fast feels cool enough.

Thinking about it, b/s boardslide to b/s nosegrind revert could look fucking dope.

The footwork reflexes Leo or Glen have are a fun way to skate especially when you've been skating for so long that doing the same basic tricks over and over starts no longer doing it for you, plus once you learn your first few of those shuffles they become safety reflexes on specific rollaways where you don't land the first trick as intended and you generally become more comfortable on your board all the while getting more used to quick footed shit in general (then again I've always loved quick footed shit), it's just more freedom since less linearity. More often than not how I land a trick dictates whatever it is I'm doing instantly after now, be it pushing or insta-popping something else if I know I'm already perfectly set up for it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:01:30 AM by silhouette »

Phobos

• Rep: -8
« Reply #4574 on: June 07, 2020, 06:17:11 AM »
I recently got back to skating since i’ve had some hip/pelvis issues causing lower back pain
I’ll probably come back to update eventually since before i left i had alot of tricks i was on the verge of getting

I tried to think really hard and i think last new trick i got was nollie bigspin back nose on a ledge by accident because i was going for a nollie front shuv back nose
Always thought it was a pretty gangsta trick

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4575 on: June 07, 2020, 06:40:54 AM »
Yesterday night i did ten switch crooks for the first time in my life, on a curb size ledge though. Hopefully by the end of the summer i'll learn to do them on a regular bench size ledge. Definitely one of my childhood dream tricks.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4576 on: June 28, 2020, 07:44:01 AM »
Ah yeah I should have figured that out when you first said you wanted to try learning half cabs into those and that it would help with the motion, yeah that's a good trick, I could see it working 'legit' by over exaggerating the kind of nollie pop some people naturally get out of backside boardslides even on rails (not talking about an actually nollie pop although that would work too with three extra sets of balls). I've had the frontside boardslide counterpart on my mind for a while myself so you'd front board then frontside 270 out mid-ledge, but in reality I never even try it because just front board pop out going fast feels cool enough.

Thinking about it, b/s boardslide to b/s nosegrind revert could look fucking dope.

The footwork reflexes Leo or Glen have are a fun way to skate especially when you've been skating for so long that doing the same basic tricks over and over starts no longer doing it for you, plus once you learn your first few of those shuffles they become safety reflexes on specific rollaways where you don't land the first trick as intended and you generally become more comfortable on your board all the while getting more used to quick footed shit in general (then again I've always loved quick footed shit), it's just more freedom since less linearity. More often than not how I land a trick dictates whatever it is I'm doing instantly after now, be it pushing or insta-popping something else if I know I'm already perfectly set up for it.

Hey mate, despite having a brand new Xmas setup and new shoes I managed the half cab backside version on a ledge today, again the revert was probably a tad late, but with practice I’m looking to get into one solid movement. You should bust the frontside version, it will be like Karl’s trick down hubba but boardslid, I think it would look cool and could also be half cab-Ed into for extra tech points.

Also got those switch 360 power slides to switch frontside 180 Ollies dialed now, they’re a tonne of fun. I think I could probably combine both tricks and do switch back boardslide 270 out too...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:06:38 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4577 on: June 28, 2020, 09:23:46 AM »
Switchflip back 5050 on a low ledge

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4578 on: June 29, 2020, 06:51:46 PM »

I was about to leave the park and then I thought about this. Surprisingly easier than I thought it would be.
Nice work

primitive_rage

• Rep: 1
  • shut the fuck up
« Reply #4579 on: June 29, 2020, 08:23:26 PM »
bs nosegrind

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
« Reply #4580 on: June 29, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »
Switch front shuv. Ive landed a few but I wouldnt say I have it consistently yet

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4581 on: July 01, 2020, 01:14:59 PM »
Hey mate, despite having a brand new Xmas setup and new shoes I managed the half cab backside version on a ledge today, again the revert was probably a tad late, but with practice I’m looking to get into one solid movement. You should bust the frontside version, it will be like Karl’s trick down hubba but boardslid, I think it would look cool and could also be half cab-Ed into for extra tech points.

Also got those switch 360 power slides to switch frontside 180 Ollies dialed now, they’re a tonne of fun. I think I could probably combine both tricks and do switch back boardslide 270 out too...

Yo GISM sorry, almost missed this. Looking forward to seeing that trick of yours if you can ever get one on film, I'm curious now, especially if you eventually learn it legit! Last time I skated a ledge I actually had the front board version in mind but again I defaulted to just front board pop out mid ledge going fast, ha - probably one of the most fun trick there is. Pretty sure seriously trying frontside 270 out would just result in me missing over and over and getting frustrated, but I'll give it a few tries for you soon, can't promise anything though, it looks hard. Another semi-similar trick I have in mind is front nose to nosewheelie which is a Soy Panday trick he never filmed back when he was doing it and now I'm tempted to find an appropriate spot and try one for him, honestly that one sounds more accessible and I could imagine adding a revert from that position would kind of feel like Karl's pretzel nose slide trick, just cheaper. Switch back board 270 is really easy, it used to be one of my go-to tricks maybe 10 years ago and I had completely forgotten about that one actually. Kind of feels like a flatground switch frontside 360 ollie with some ledge assist in the middle. If you ever get those, you're probably golden for switch frontside 360's on flat which are notoriously easier than their regs counterpart.

Switch frontside 180 ollie is one of the best feeling tricks, especially when you learn how to do them 'late' after a nice switch ollie, you can just float over stuff or if you do them the lazy way they're just a super convenient maneuver to switch from opposite back to regs. Glad to hear you got them. They're a good one to incorporate into the quick-footed shuffles we were describing earlier too. Maybe try switch 43's sometimes, they're essentially an even lazier version one can naturally just start coasting into if that makes sense, just start carving switch frontside, plant that foot and voilà, it just happens. Backside nollie then either that one or sw f/s 180 is a really floaty dance move that will easily become second nature once it clicks.

Switch 360 powerslide sounds tough, like I was saying I can only do those fakie like a cab without the pop. Reminds me that the other day I was messing around with (popped) flatground cabs into (quick) sw 43's after seeing my friend bail on a cab and his foot just slipped out. So many possibilities, so little time and energy.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #4582 on: July 01, 2020, 02:40:49 PM »
Got some actual big spins today.  Without the big gross pivot at the end.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #4583 on: July 01, 2020, 03:43:37 PM »
Was able to sw back 180 a tiny little traffic cone in a middle school parking lot. I didn't know they came that small and I slid a good 45 degrees. I just want to keep doing that trick over and over now.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #4584 on: July 01, 2020, 03:45:31 PM »
Finally have a decent back heel.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
« Reply #4585 on: July 01, 2020, 03:53:35 PM »
Was able to sw back 180 a tiny little traffic cone in a middle school parking lot. I didn't know they came that small and I slid a good 45 degrees. I just want to keep doing that trick over and over now.

Ive yet to figure those out. Just feels weird popping switch but they look so satisfying

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #4586 on: July 01, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ive yet to figure those out. Just feels weird popping switch but they look so satisfying

I do them with alot of both feet on the board to keep it with me, heels barely hanging off and toes up against the edge of the board. They're easier with your front foot right over the front bolts. Alot of weight on the back foot with your back shoulder right over it and don't rotate too fast. That back shoulder feels like the main thing bringing it around. I find scooping too much can fling it away, so pop and rotate, 90 at first then just wrk on the last bit of rotation.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

CantFlip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4587 on: July 01, 2020, 07:10:12 PM »
Nollie 270 to back tail.
Some of my stubborn friends say it's not a back tail but a switch front nose.. I don't fucken care as long as I can do it.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
« Reply #4588 on: July 01, 2020, 07:39:05 PM »
Switch back tail tap on a curb, it's not a slide yet but I feel like my body is transferring the program from regular

Bighugemegajohnson

• Rep: -75
« Reply #4589 on: July 01, 2020, 08:09:23 PM »
Fs Cancel culture