Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449567 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #4590 on: July 01, 2020, 08:38:28 PM »
Fs Cancel culture

cool, next up learn to focus your account.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #4591 on: July 01, 2020, 08:43:42 PM »
Full nude Benihana
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #4592 on: July 05, 2020, 06:31:22 PM »
What's the trick to fs tails? I had them ages ago but lost them and now I just can't seem to commit. I either set my backfoot down too quick and the board hits the ledge or I kick my front foot down

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #4593 on: July 05, 2020, 08:00:20 PM »
Fakie noseslide 270s and fs 5.0 kickflips out on tranny

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #4594 on: July 05, 2020, 08:27:22 PM »
Switch fs no comply

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1293
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4595 on: July 08, 2020, 12:44:59 PM »
Pretty hyped I got fs blunts and especially noseblunts. Noseblunts were the biggest mental hurdles ever. Way less scary than it was in my head to try.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4596 on: July 08, 2020, 09:56:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey mate, despite having a brand new Xmas setup and new shoes I managed the half cab backside version on a ledge today, again the revert was probably a tad late, but with practice I’m looking to get into one solid movement. You should bust the frontside version, it will be like Karl’s trick down hubba but boardslid, I think it would look cool and could also be half cab-Ed into for extra tech points.

Also got those switch 360 power slides to switch frontside 180 Ollies dialed now, they’re a tonne of fun. I think I could probably combine both tricks and do switch back boardslide 270 out too...
[close]

Yo GISM sorry, almost missed this. Looking forward to seeing that trick of yours if you can ever get one on film, I'm curious now, especially if you eventually learn it legit! Last time I skated a ledge I actually had the front board version in mind but again I defaulted to just front board pop out mid ledge going fast, ha - probably one of the most fun trick there is. Pretty sure seriously trying frontside 270 out would just result in me missing over and over and getting frustrated, but I'll give it a few tries for you soon, can't promise anything though, it looks hard. Another semi-similar trick I have in mind is front nose to nosewheelie which is a Soy Panday trick he never filmed back when he was doing it and now I'm tempted to find an appropriate spot and try one for him, honestly that one sounds more accessible and I could imagine adding a revert from that position would kind of feel like Karl's pretzel nose slide trick, just cheaper. Switch back board 270 is really easy, it used to be one of my go-to tricks maybe 10 years ago and I had completely forgotten about that one actually. Kind of feels like a flatground switch frontside 360 ollie with some ledge assist in the middle. If you ever get those, you're probably golden for switch frontside 360's on flat which are notoriously easier than their regs counterpart.

Switch frontside 180 ollie is one of the best feeling tricks, especially when you learn how to do them 'late' after a nice switch ollie, you can just float over stuff or if you do them the lazy way they're just a super convenient maneuver to switch from opposite back to regs. Glad to hear you got them. They're a good one to incorporate into the quick-footed shuffles we were describing earlier too. Maybe try switch 43's sometimes, they're essentially an even lazier version one can naturally just start coasting into if that makes sense, just start carving switch frontside, plant that foot and voilà, it just happens. Backside nollie then either that one or sw f/s 180 is a really floaty dance move that will easily become second nature once it clicks.

Switch 360 powerslide sounds tough, like I was saying I can only do those fakie like a cab without the pop. Reminds me that the other day I was messing around with (popped) flatground cabs into (quick) sw 43's after seeing my friend bail on a cab and his foot just slipped out. So many possibilities, so little time and energy.
will try and get my son to film once I have them on lock! will also start working on switch board 270 out, I can actually kinda do the flat ground version of it (albeit very reverted) so it shouldn't take me too long.

nice advice about switch front 180s combos, funny I'm good at regular no-comply tricks but switch ones evade me ... although I did try and work on switch backside 180 ones for a minute there. Will have to delve back into them!

a friend taught me years ago but if you want to do a true switch power slides, then you needed to keep your front foot on the bolts or behind, his reasoning was "you don't do regular power slides with your front foot all the way up the nose". So based on that I just started doing switch front 180 power slides and then late reverting them. And because my front foot is back at the bolts or behind them coming out into switch frontside Ollies is actually quite easy. I'll try an film one of them too and maybe send it too you privately, I don't really want to post my old man skating on here LOL!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 10:42:48 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4597 on: July 08, 2020, 11:31:20 PM »
did a 3 flip for first time in a long, long time. got a shorter wheelbased 8 board that i can manage to just barely get around

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4598 on: July 09, 2020, 05:35:01 AM »
Been skating a lot of transition recently.  Just started getting backside disasters and doing simple shit on pool coping. 

CantFlip

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4599 on: July 09, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »
Nollie 270 to back tail.
Some of my stubborn friends say it's not a back tail but a switch front nose.. I don't fucken care as long as I can do it.

Half cab nose bigspin out. Don't have it on lock but I did it pretty quickly after having thought about it the day before.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #4600 on: July 15, 2020, 12:39:15 PM »
After years of doing horrible big spins i leaned how to consistantly land them on 4 wheels without pivoting today.  I just had to pop it a bit more like a back 3 and jump kinda backwards.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #4601 on: July 23, 2020, 05:41:10 AM »
yesterday i tried fakie flip sw bs 5-0 for the first time ever on the local's ledge and rolled away from it. stoked.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4602 on: July 23, 2020, 05:55:52 AM »
Today is the day.

Switch Tre is definitely going down I got both feet on and I shooting out
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #4603 on: July 23, 2020, 06:33:48 AM »
Accidentally did a fakie hurricane on a quarterpipe the other day just trying a fakie pivot. Actually felt kinda neat.

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
« Reply #4604 on: July 27, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »
Backside fakie 5.0 and crooks

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #4605 on: July 28, 2020, 06:55:06 AM »
Relearned how to blast out a wrist and ankle at the same time trying halfcab slappy noseslides on a curb.

Fucking nailed it.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #4606 on: July 28, 2020, 07:12:38 AM »
Switch flip backtail to regular

skate_lunch

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4607 on: July 28, 2020, 07:51:39 AM »
I gave myself a sports hernia learning switch heel flips for a year, still only get like 1 out of 10.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #4608 on: July 28, 2020, 08:26:48 AM »
Kickflip manual! Only have landed about 4-5 so far but I feel very capable to do them consistently

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4609 on: July 31, 2020, 05:59:50 AM »
managed to get a nollie flip nosemanual for the first time in my life. super stoked, even though it was on some slanted banks to manual pad type of skatepark obstacle.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4610 on: July 31, 2020, 09:53:15 AM »
Finally got treflips down about a week ago. Such a nice looking and feeling trick.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #4611 on: July 31, 2020, 10:04:29 AM »
managed to get a nollie flip nosemanual for the first time in my life. super stoked, even though it was on some slanted banks to manual pad type of skatepark obstacle.

^either way this sounds super fucking hard to do

henrydo.does.it

• Rep: -9
« Reply #4612 on: July 31, 2020, 10:33:51 AM »
I made a bet with the homie: if I don't land a dolphin flip by Monday next week I owed him $100.

First day, tried it close to 200 times. I didn't land it, it was grueling, it was exhausting and the risk of losing $100 took all the fun out of skating. I could flip it but not keep it under me.

Next day, I got it within 30 or so tries, turns out I just had to think of it like a kickflip to keep it under me. Went through all the pain and suffering the first day and felt bliss the next.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #4613 on: July 31, 2020, 05:22:43 PM »

Shark hand closes shoulders.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #4614 on: July 31, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »
Slappy salad grinds
Slappy 5050 back 180

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #4615 on: July 31, 2020, 08:59:36 PM »
Stomped a 50-50 front shuv today. Felt good since I haven't skated in almost 2 weeks.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
« Reply #4616 on: July 31, 2020, 09:15:48 PM »
Did my first tre in probably over 10 years 2 days ago, havent even tried it really and got it within just a handful of trys

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4617 on: August 04, 2020, 01:10:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
^either way this sounds super fucking hard to do
https://youtu.be/UzihxNj7Bi4?t=197
the spot is basically like this but in smoother, smaller, easier.
but i got one again on sunday. it felt so good to get into it.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #4618 on: August 04, 2020, 01:32:09 AM »
switch varial kickflip. first new trick in a good while, but it came super quick.

if you have your switch shuvs and you've been through the steep curve of learning switch flips, it turns out you basically get switch varial flips for free.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #4619 on: September 05, 2020, 10:39:51 PM »
after 15 years of heartbreak and disappointment i finally landed my first impossible about a week ago.

never landed two in a row. birthday is coming up- maybe the skate gods will give me a couple on the day