Author Topic: Last new trick you learned  (Read 449603 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
Re: Last new trick you learned
« Reply #4710 on: June 15, 2022, 05:07:52 PM »
I’ve finally collected all the Nollie and fakie shuvits.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4711 on: June 15, 2022, 06:46:47 PM »
Learned front salad on ledges. Pretty fun trick if you can hold it for a while.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #4712 on: June 20, 2022, 01:09:05 PM »
Got some slappy front crooks on a parking block.

Also learned fakie 360 shoves by accident, illegal yet fun.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #4713 on: July 27, 2022, 09:19:37 AM »
alley-oop pivot to fakie grind, turning in regs (on qp)

ollie one foot (have unsuccessfully tried it randomly here and there for years, but it really only took about two minutes to learn when i stopped and actually engaged my brain. got a nice big one off of bump to flat as my ticket home.)

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #4714 on: July 28, 2022, 04:19:50 PM »
Switch Slappy front crooks, and to regs. Way easier than a normal Slappy front crook, I grinded the first one I tried. Definitely need to clean it up though…

Lessfillingtastegreat

• Rep: 54
« Reply #4715 on: July 28, 2022, 08:25:51 PM »
Before I hurt my back (45yo) I had nollie crooks pretty solid. Started getting switch frontside flips back proper. Finally back on the board after 10 weeks off. 

Skated this weekend and was awful.  But such is life. I know I’ll get back to where I was by 10 weeks on.  I’m patient. 
8.1 Drift -  venture 5.6 , Jessup, SFF  54mm Swiss ceramics  -https://imgur.com/a/WlDgenx

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #4716 on: July 28, 2022, 11:20:02 PM »
nollie fs 5-0 shove it out and fakie (backward) nose grind 180 out

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #4717 on: July 29, 2022, 03:27:58 AM »
I don’t wanna jinx it since I just did a few crappy ones so I shall whisper: frontside slappies.
Shhhhh…
Going to go try a few more. This has been such a battle.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4718 on: August 25, 2022, 11:14:55 AM »
nollie tre. was stoked.

was originally trying nollie vkf, which would've been my first flip trick in all four stances, but i was popping in quite a whiffy way that kept spinning 270 at the absolute minimum, so i just went with it.

put down a pretty decent looking one first try and for one micro second i was elated. another micro second later i was on my back enjoying a prime view of the sky. 

got it about 10 tries later and only then noticed my elbow had swollen to about four times its normal size.

i did a couple more, but both took longer and weren't as good.

by the end of the session my elbow was completely back to normal.

maybe that's common? seemed pretty fucking weird though.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #4719 on: August 25, 2022, 12:34:32 PM »
Did my first fakie flip on a hip the other day. Very psyched.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4720 on: August 25, 2022, 12:40:00 PM »

with the hip to yr frontside?

i'm struggling to think if i've ever seen someone fakie flip to fakie going over a hip backside...

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4721 on: August 25, 2022, 12:41:26 PM »
Slappy front crooks

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #4722 on: August 25, 2022, 01:29:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

with the hip to yr frontside?

i'm struggling to think if i've ever seen someone fakie flip to fakie going over a hip backside...

I think so? The way Dill does it in Photo. But not as high, haha.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #4723 on: August 25, 2022, 04:45:47 PM »
Been skating a lot and been able to learn a decent amount of tricks lately that I'm very stoked on. Got fs wallie, front 180 fakie 5050 front halfcab out on a two-stair ledge (little kid trick I know, but I've never done one before!), and slappy crook to fakie and slappy crook shove out. I want to get slappy crook to regular next. Also think I can get switch slappy noseslide next session and if that comes easy, maybe I'll try to get switch (fakie?) slappy crook.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4724 on: August 25, 2022, 05:03:39 PM »
Backside lobster flip to crab out

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #4725 on: September 01, 2022, 03:17:00 AM »
Been skating a lot and been able to learn a decent amount of tricks lately that I'm very stoked on. Got fs wallie, front 180 fakie 5050 front halfcab out on a two-stair ledge (little kid trick I know, but I've never done one before!), and slappy crook to fakie and slappy crook shove out. I want to get slappy crook to regular next. Also think I can get switch slappy noseslide next session and if that comes easy, maybe I'll try to get switch (fakie?) slappy crook.
if you can switch slappy nose you got crook for sure, got it at first on a bank to curb and went from there :) ! really want to get slappy front crook if anyone has advice on that one.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #4726 on: September 01, 2022, 03:31:30 AM »
Nollie FS shuv body varial, super illegal  ;D

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #4727 on: September 01, 2022, 05:19:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
if you can switch slappy nose you got crook for sure, got it at first on a bank to curb and went from there :) ! really want to get slappy front crook if anyone has advice on that one.

Try rolling onto the curb at a lower angle. For bs crooks and 50/50s, I bash into the curb at almost 90 degrees, front crook works with almost running parallel to the curb.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #4728 on: September 01, 2022, 05:28:44 AM »
Finally unlearning the snowplow and actually balancing nosegrinds.

Boog

• Rep: 196
« Reply #4729 on: September 01, 2022, 05:51:55 AM »
I recently just learned bs slappy feeble and have got them pretty consistent now. Also landed a couple nollie bigflips and fs flips. I've always been better at switch, nollie, and fakie tricks so I tend to learn those before the regular stanced tricks for flat ground. I did a good nollie flip at the park yesterday and the guy I was skating with said " that was a good fakie flip." I would be lying if I said it didn't make me feel good to say "oh that was nollie." Lol

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #4730 on: September 01, 2022, 01:09:13 PM »
after 8 years of being scared of doing 50-50s on rails i finally started doing them again, but backside. i used to do frontside 50-50s on rails when i was younger but i had a nasty slam trying to 50-50 down a small rail and i couldn't get over that for years. i'm still scared of doing them frontside but i don't really care because backside is cooler anyway and i've never done them that way before.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

work_lurker

• Rep: 73
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #4731 on: September 01, 2022, 01:15:27 PM »
On banks and smaller quarters I've recently got: kickflip back noseblunts, switch back noseblunts, and fakie tre switch front blunts. To put it rather bluntly, I'm a fan of blunts (sorry).
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #4732 on: September 01, 2022, 07:46:06 PM »
Fakie back lip transfer on double sided curbs (like a nollie back lip but fakie and then transfer)

Fakie lip to back feeble to fakie, regs, and an accidental 270/360 out

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #4733 on: September 01, 2022, 11:43:46 PM »
I don’t really learn NEW tricks anymore, but I did a half cab bluntslide on a ledge that I don’t THINK I’ve ever done before.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #4734 on: September 02, 2022, 06:05:22 AM »
Landed a switch crooked grind on a ledge recently but haven't repeated yet. I can do them every try on curbs so I know it's a matter of getting more comfortable switch in general.

Also not "New" but did a kickflip back tail recently which I only will do occasionally.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4735 on: September 20, 2022, 03:53:32 AM »
dear diary,

today i got a switch tre.

first and only flip trick done in all four stances, which isn't at all what i would've expected but i'll deffo take it.

El Freegano

« Reply #4736 on: September 20, 2022, 04:21:00 AM »
i have learned switch bs board slide 270 out on a ledge and have started to learn bs 360 but still land 270 and continue with a slide or pivot. I have also started doing fs board slide and then backside transition to switch bs 5050 mostly fakie 180 out but i wish i could transition from fs board to fs lip slide.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4737 on: September 20, 2022, 05:25:13 AM »
i have learned switch bs board slide 270 out on a ledge and have started to learn bs 360 but still land 270 and continue with a slide or pivot. I have also started doing fs board slide and then backside transition to switch bs 5050 mostly fakie 180 out but i wish i could transition from fs board to fs lip slide.

like gino in pretty sweet?

El Freegano

« Reply #4738 on: September 20, 2022, 06:19:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have forgotton pretty sweet and now looked for Gino and saw him doing some next level shit fs board with a big pop up 180 to fs tail slide. :) My inspiration actually is from the last video of a friend from spain. I saw him doing the sw board 270 in 1:49 and the next trick in the video 1:51 is this fs board to switch lip

I was thinking about you not doing flip tricks on all four stances except the tre flip haha thats gangsta :) i wish i learn the switch tre some day but it is quite a push with the back foot

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4739 on: September 20, 2022, 07:09:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I have forgotton pretty sweet and now looked for Gino and saw him doing some next level shit fs board with a big pop up 180 to fs tail slide. :) My inspiration actually is from the last video of a friend from spain. I saw him doing the sw board 270 in 1:49 and the next trick in the video 1:51 is this fs board to switch lip

I was thinking about you not doing flip tricks on all four stances except the tre flip haha thats gangsta :) i wish i learn the switch tre some day but it is quite a push with the back foot

lol, thanks. it's actually a lack of control thing. with my weaker foot, i can only seem to flick in a way that turns the board, and when i do, i can't help but scoop the back foot a little. i had switch flips for a small time, but they turned into varial flips and never came back. in nollie, treflip is the only flip i can do. i just can't seem to flick with a straight pop - only with scoop.

liked your friends part...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 08:40:57 AM by Arto!Arto!WakeUp! »