Author Topic: Boston  (Read 1100 times)

CigaretteBeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Boston
« on: October 07, 2007, 05:29:38 PM »
I'm moving there on tuesday.
Fun things to do there?
Good places to eat/good bars?
Good skate spots?
Any ideas would be cool.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

k-nutz

• Rep: 49
Re: Boston
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 06:03:35 PM »
bah-stun

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 06:24:16 PM »
go to a game against the Indians
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

mikefork

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 06:33:01 PM »
eggs, copley fountain, and the charles river benches are good spots, though depending on when you go it can be a pretty bad bust. eggs is right across from north station on the green line, or a skate down the street from north station on the orange line, copley is right down the street from back bay station on the orange line, the charles river benches are right near the charles mgh stop on the red line. you can also take the red line into harvard and find some sick stuff, like the jfk monument. you can pretty much take the train wherever and find something sick/fun.
there is orchard in roxbury, true east in downtown crossing, concepts near harvard square, and coliseum right off the last stop on the orange line in melrose as far as shops go
as for food, i tend to just got to either stop'n'stop or wild oats to get something to eat, but i know the penguin is good and it is right down the street from orchard

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 06:57:05 PM »
Thanks a lot for all the info Mike Fork.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »
Mike's on the right track.  Just a heads up though, last I heard (though I haven't skated in a month and a half because my ankle is ruined) copley and eggs can be busts that can lead to tickets.

Most of the bars within city limits of boston are kind of beat and cater either to the fratboy college crowd or the wealthy investment banker crowd.  My favorite joint in the city is Flann's on tremont street in mission hill.  Good food, cheap drinks, not too jockish.  It's down the street from pengin pizza that mike mentioned.  I don't eat out much because I have no money.

As far as shit to do, there are some pretty cool art museums.  There's loads of history if you're into that sort of thing.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »
eggs is sick

AQ after 5.