Author Topic: houston locals-> help me out  (Read 973 times)

photowill

houston locals-> help me out
« on: October 08, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »
So I think a crew of my friends and I are going to be taking a trip down to houston, texas sometime this winter, most likely either the beginning of january or february and we're gunna be there for about 10 days. it looks like we'll be staying here: http://www.houstonhostel.com/, can any locals give me the DL on this place and whether or not it's safe/sketchy? I don't want to wake up with:
a) money
b)cameras
and c) organs gone.

what's the weather like between january and february? we're expecting it to be rather warm but then again we don't know what's up. also, what's houston like for spots? I've always had this idea that houston has an absolutely huge skate scene and the spots are plenty but I could be wrong.

I'd also like to know whether or not this spot is in houston, it's at 2:40 and danny does a sw back tail on it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NBB0bBQrZo

thanks for all the help

Bruce Wayne

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: houston locals-> help me out
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 08:22:35 PM »
yea, that rail is in downtown houston...tranquility park.  can't really tell you too much about the hostel...

the weather should be a bit chilly, but very manageable. 
sometimes the "things" and "friends" you enjoy the most, will hurt you the most, and play an ultimate factor in how you leave this earth.
-sheffledge
half of you probably cant even tre.

Round 2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 02:39:47 PM »
yea, that rail is in downtown houston...tranquility park.  can't really tell you too much about the hostel...

the weather should be a bit chilly, but very manageable. 

and by a bit chilly he means beautiful if you're used the winters in the NE.

photowill

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 05:24:01 PM »
we'll be coming from canada where average temperature in january is -20 to -35 degrees celsius.

blank.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:37:05 PM »
we'll be coming from canada where average temperature in january is -20 to -35 degrees celsius.
Texas is a bit late on the cold weather this year, if you come later this month and into November a hoodie will be fine

Round 2

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 07:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Texas is a bit late on the cold weather this year, if you come later this month and into November a hoodie will be fine

and by hoody he means T-shirt and shorts. Seriously people down there freak when it hits like 45 F. I remember some dude from Florida complaining it was too cold to skate because it was 50 degrees out...