Author Topic: "Old" spots  (Read 3350 times)

Diesel

"Old" spots
« on: October 28, 2007, 07:14:02 AM »
What ever happened to lockwood?, that place where enrique does that line in the rain in trilogy, and that whole square I think in SF where ethan in tincan folklore does the back side 5-0 then the backside 360 then tailslide line? and why don't you really see anyone skating picnic tables and playgrounds anymore?

bothersome

Re: "Old" spots
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 07:36:30 AM »
in the words of lavar "union got destrcutoed, so we go there no mo"
basically they tore all the ledges out and its under lockdown after it got a facelift.

bumptobar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 08:50:31 AM »
I dont miss seeing school yard pinic table lines in the least.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:55:59 AM »
That spot that I've only seen people skate in Goldfish?

beeda weeda

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 11:13:07 AM »
I think the place you are talking about enrique skating(in the rain) is called chaffey
I heard some bmxers fucked it up, and also took sledge hammers to most of the ledges

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 11:13:15 AM »
I dont miss seeing school yard pinic table lines in the least.
i do, a good picnic table line is great

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »
I think the place you are talking about enrique skating(in the rain) is called chaffey
I heard some bmxers fucked it up, and also took sledge hammers to most of the ledges

chaffey footage is good............it always reminds me of logic videos and 411s from when I first started skating.......JP jadeed ruled that place.

wheee!

SR Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 02:00:08 PM »
What was/is the name of the school where it is a bunch of little brick ledges that people do tricks over in lines.  Somewhere around SF i think.

theironmonkey

• Rep: -37
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 02:02:56 PM »
What was/is the name of the school where it is a bunch of little brick ledges that people do tricks over in lines.  Somewhere around SF i think.

wallenberg.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 02:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

chaffey footage is good............it always reminds me of logic videos and 411s from when I first started skating.......JP jadeed ruled that place.

Theres a Reason why there is not much Richard Mulder footage anymore, and that reason is that chaffey is gone.

SR Junky

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 02:32:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wallenberg.

im not talking bout the big 4 ledges, unless those brick ones are also there.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »
They're up top I believe. You mean the green tennis-court looking ground with the low brick ledges Carroll kills in Finally?

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 02:50:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Theres a Reason why there is not much Richard Mulder footage anymore, and that reason is that chaffey is gone.

yeah its sad its gone,  i was always stoked for footage at that place (besides chris cole in in bloom)......I wish richard mulder would skate more and real estate less.........

also,  about the low brick ledges...........I wish i wouoldve looked around more when i checked out wallenburg a few months back if they are really at that school.......they seem fun.......I watched some old thrasher video from the box set a few days ago( i forget wich one) andthere was some lavar mcbride footage in it and he skated there for a line or two.......so much style......made me want to check that place out

wheee!

jrock

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 02:53:15 PM »
they're in the front up at the top of the hill.

SR Junky

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 02:59:40 PM »
Oh cool, I havent skated that school at all.  Forks/knives, another sf mission combining the two squads should be orchestrated.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 06:02:18 PM »
Oh cool, I havent skated that school at all.  Forks/knives, another sf mission combining the two squads should be orchestrated.

yeah for reals......that last one came together well...

its sort of weird to have locs peaced out to college.......

got to meet up more

wheee!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 06:32:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i wanted to start a skate urban legend thread and i was going to lead with the topic of chaffey. its pretty fuzzy but from the details it goes on like this. some biker gets stabbed by some guy, mistakes him for a skater comes to side most skated, knocks out some ledges. it honestly doesnt even matter they are in such bad shape. its crazy though a lot of people still go there.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 07:59:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i wanted to start a skate urban legend thread and i was going to lead with the topic of chaffey. its pretty fuzzy but from the details it goes on like this. some biker gets stabbed by some guy, mistakes him for a skater comes to side most skated, knocks out some ledges. it honestly doesnt even matter they are in such bad shape. its crazy though a lot of people still go there.

damn thats a pretty harsh one.....stabbing somebody is so damn rude....who does that??

I think it would still be cool to skate no matter whats going on with the ledges.......even just to try and do tricks over the three of them in a row or however it was.....

it was also cool to see brian edwards skate there....

wait by urban legend do you mean that it may have not happened or something like that??

wheee!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 08:25:55 PM »
just like shit you hear like mikey from life died except skating.
the ledges are still skateable, you just have to skate chaffey differently and/or not give a fuck about spot conditions.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2007, 08:45:54 PM »
the ledges are still skateable, you just have to skate chaffey differently and/or not give a fuck about spot conditions.

oh yeah that makes sense then......

and in that case,  i would love to skate there,  but probably never will.....oh well.....ruggeder spot conditions are usually just as fun

wheee!

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 06:13:32 AM »
Very stoked I got to skate chaffey once.  I always wondered what happened to Adams school bump (Guy's switch big spin flip in Mouse), maybe just one of the spots that got overdone.

On another note, it's always sorta weird seeing famous spots in real life, never quite exactly how you'd imagine them.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 11:57:28 AM »

On another note, it's always sorta weird seeing famous spots in real life, never quite exactly how you'd imagine them.

this is definitely true.....its just always weird rolling up somewhere famous and it just doesn't seem right because you had this idea in your head about the outlying areas around it and how you would approach it and all this stuff....and it can end up being so different........the first time I went to third and army felt really weird.....and when i went to check out the hubba ledge a few weeks ago......that was really strange to me.....just the neighborhood its in and all the stuff around it and......it wasn't really expected

wheee!

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 12:25:29 PM »

The preverbial 'southbank is being bulldozed' rumor.
Thats a good idea for a thread.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »
the three up three down on mission street skated way differant that i expected. pier was way too much fun. chaffey although weak is always fun. i once spyed on brian wenning there. belmont is gay.

i seriously want to skate that adams bump.

ginzberg

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 07:03:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this is definitely true.....its just always weird rolling up somewhere famous and it just doesn't seem right because you had this idea in your head about the outlying areas around it and how you would approach it and all this stuff....and it can end up being so different........the first time I went to third and army felt really weird.....and when i went to check out the hubba ledge a few weeks ago......that was really strange to me.....just the neighborhood its in and all the stuff around it and......it wasn't really expected

Adding to this, it just goes to show you how a spot is every bit as much the subject of the photographer/videographer as the skateboarder itself.  I was recently in LA, and you just see all these spots on the side of the road that are in videos.  The just look like "neat little thing to try something on", but they are perceived, at least to me, as these perfect spots that were made for skating.

toque

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
the three up three down on mission street skated way differant that i expected.
WARNING: the slap cliche of "liking wallies"  is used in this post....

same here.......I went there a long time ago and I could barely even ollie up the thing........I pictured it to be at least twice as wide on top.........physically being at a spot always gives you greater appreciation for what people do on it....I liked dave abairs heelflip up to wallie out to manual.......

wheee!

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • RIP
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 01:16:28 AM »
That spot that I've only seen people skate in Goldfish?
Are you talking about that spot that has like 3 stairs that people would do tricks up, a ledge that was about 100 feet long, and then a few stair to do tricks down at the end? Funny, I was just thinking about that place today and about how I've only ever seen in in Goldfish.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 01:50:33 AM »
It's in a couple more (relatively) marginal vids from 94, but that's it. There weren't too many possibilities there, mind you, so maybe people were over it really fast.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
  • RIP
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 02:02:22 AM »
Yea, Goldfish is probably my favorite video, but I get  a tad annoyed that almost everyone has multiple lines at such a linear line spot in their part.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 03:36:46 AM »

when i was on vacation in sf as few years ago (i live in maryland) my family was drove by pier 7 and it just seemed so weird to see a place where so much sick shit went down
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125