Author Topic: Pappalardo Company Drama  (Read 11805 times)

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pappalardo Company Drama
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 11:19:13 AM »
Lets just see his part already! sheesh
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 11:23:59 AM »
nah they had to re film everything cause brengar wouldnt give up pops footy unless lakai payed him $10,000 in cash
listen to me
i hang out at the TF once every 2 months, i know what im talking about....

10,000$ for the full part basically?

hmmm.

prlly deserved that much and maybe more.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »
pop's is from the east coast, why wouldn't he film a part out there? 

hubskateman

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 11:31:02 AM »
so first of all, I'd love to see him skate to Wu Tang..

second of all, it could be watered down to being like maybe pops won't leave nyc, and everyone is bummed and so on.

His part is def going to be one of the best, and prob the most marketable to everyone here (against why would girl/choc fam be bummed). Im going to ask about it later today to see if i can get some more concrete out of this

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »
 No kidding... adds more diversity to the usually overabundant LA / Barca spots in vids these days.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »
so first of all, I'd love to see him skate to Wu Tang..

second of all, it could be watered down to being like maybe pops won't leave nyc, and everyone is bummed and so on.

His part is def going to be one of the best, and prob the most marketable to everyone here (against why would girl/choc fam be bummed). Im going to ask about it later today to see if i can get some more concrete out of this

I wanna see Pops skate to some Jazz.

BtownPrince

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 11:55:01 AM »
Expand Quote
oh and if he skated to a Wu song his career might be over...aka lindsey "worst dude ever" robertson
[close]

Huh? What's wrong with a little Wu-Tang? Quite a few dudes have skated to them before and made it work well. The first that comes to mind is Gino. Also, I'm by no means a big Lindsey Robertson fan, but I'm pretty sure his career is no where near over and even if it was, what would the ODB song (which made that part somewhat enjoyable in my opinion) have anything to do with it?

I agree with what forks/knives and Rusty said.

travis stenger

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2007, 11:58:09 AM »
$10 g's for a part? doesn't that sound far off  J Strickland did it to TWS for Heath's part in Sight Unseen after getting only $600 bucks for all his footage that he filmed for Feedback of Reynolds and some other dudes, But the irony is when he needed some footage or Alex Gall for some video  Lee Dupont I guess did the samething to J. I say ya gotta get yours especially if your shit is just being shown on Blowtube for free and most filmers don't really make shit.

Anyway I don't think you can never have ever enough NYC/East coast footage - I think its sick and all the spots look gnarly already and I'm sure even more when your actually there.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:01:38 PM by remEMBer »

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2007, 12:01:56 PM »
$10 g's for a part? doesn't that sound far off  J Strickland did it to TWS for Heath's part in Sight Unseen after getting only $600 bucks for all his footage that he filmed for Feedback of Reynolds and some other dudes, But the irony is when he needed some footage or Alex Gall for some video  Lee Dupont I guess did the samething to J. I say ya gotta get yours especially if your shit is just being shown on Blowtube for free and filmers don't really make shit.

Anyway I don't think you can never have ever enough NYC/East coast footage - I think its sick and all the spots look gnarly already and I'm sure even more when your actuallyu there.

Pops footage should bring top dollar unless the filming was terrible.  No "headless horseman" footage for $10G's that's for sure.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
Expand Quote
$10 g's for a part? doesn't that sound far off  J Strickland did it to TWS for Heath's part in Sight Unseen after getting only $600 bucks for all his footage that he filmed for Feedback of Reynolds and some other dudes, But the irony is when he needed some footage or Alex Gall for some video  Lee Dupont I guess did the samething to J. I say ya gotta get yours especially if your shit is just being shown on Blowtube for free and filmers don't really make shit.

Anyway I don't think you can never have ever enough NYC/East coast footage - I think its sick and all the spots look gnarly already and I'm sure even more when your actuallyu there.
[close]

Pops footage should bring top dollar unless the filming was terrible.  No "headless horseman" footage for $10G's that's for sure.

Yeah when was the last full part of him? That god awful TWS "IE" that I can't even remember anything from. Yeah I'm sure Ty and crew were laying down the hammer about buddy vx footy. I'm sure they want shit proper.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »

RRRRRAD

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 12:11:18 PM »

footage over here is just better

new york especially

biggums mcgee

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
so if what you're saying is true

brengar has a full part of popps that he couldn't sell, but they went back and filmed most of it over again? Seems real doubtful, but if thats the case I would love to see both parts just to compare this "prodigey" bregar with ty's shit

nerd34

• Rep: 2
  • Riding on a Murshaq back
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2007, 12:51:47 PM »
my brengar footage is good filimng wise

splicednuggets

• Rep: -17
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah when was the last full part of him? That god awful TWS "IE" that I can't even remember anything from. Yeah I'm sure Ty and crew were laying down the hammer about buddy vx footy. I'm sure they want shit proper.

mosaic.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 01:06:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Probably that short part in Mosaic.  That stuff was good though.  I'd lay down some pretty fuckin' strict guidelines for the Lakai vid that's for sure.  If it was for some Mobb Grip video then maybe park footage and "headless horseman" footage can slide.

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2007, 01:14:28 PM »
brengar is no prodigy, just always around and down to film...knows the right people.  and filming in cities like NYC is no easy task.

footage was refilmed because Ty is picky, not because brengar tried to charge 10 Gs.  I heard that lots of the spots Pops skated aren't done justice on film unless filmed just the right way (take a look at josh stewart's fisheye genious sometimes)

the dude who filmed/edited the Henry Sanchez part in Sight Unseen god paid 10Gs tho i heard.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
brengar is no prodigy, just always around and down to film...knows the right people.  and filming in cities like NYC is no easy task.

footage was refilmed because Ty is picky, not because brengar tried to charge 10 Gs.  I heard that lots of the spots Pops skated aren't done justice on film unless filmed just the right way (take a look at josh stewart's fisheye genious sometimes)

the dude who filmed/edited the Henry Sanchez part in Sight Unseen god paid 10Gs tho i heard.

Yeah... but that was some fuckin' golden Sanch footage after a long drought of Sanch footage.

jf

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »

it could be watered down to being like maybe pops won't leave nyc, and everyone is bummed and so on.

this is the only piece of info that sounds true. this happens to alot of good dudes, they dont live in cali and after awhile they dont even want to visit i could name off plenty of guys like this, jani,gino,javier,beach and so on. but if you want to be as awesome as ryan sheckler you need to live in  so-cali bro!

brah

coolio

• Rep: 7
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »

why you gotta shoot me down, they believe anything here, its more fun to tell lie's
smelly in the bathroom, left with a wet willy

Murdercapital

• Rep: -22
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2007, 01:20:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

why you gotta shoot me down, they believe anything here, its more fun to tell lie's

yeah its just crazy how not a single person questions what you say.  i hang out at the Lakai HQ every other thursday

brodown1

• Rep: -48
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »
Expand Quote
oh and if he skated to a Wu song his career might be over...aka lindsey "worst dude ever" robertson
[close]

Huh? What's wrong with a little Wu-Tang? Quite a few dudes have skated to them before and made it work well. The first that comes to mind is Gino. Also, I'm by no means a big Lindsey Robertson fan, but I'm pretty sure his career is no where near over and even if it was, what would the ODB song (which made that part somewhat enjoyable in my opinion) have anything to do with it?

I agree with what forks/knives and Rusty said.

there was a time and a place for wu-tang...that goes for wu-tang music, skateboard decks or anything to be taken seriously....maybe funny as a joke but thats about it. if papalarrdo skates to anything like that i'd skip his part for sure

splicednuggets

• Rep: -17
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2007, 01:33:50 PM »
fuck that, im guna like pops part no matter wat he skates to. wu might be a little weird tho, especially after it was in the mystery video hah

krudbenco

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2007, 01:47:54 PM »
whats wrong with lindsey....and whats wrong with wu tang... I HATE YOU

Dream Turns Into Dreamt

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2007, 01:53:38 PM »

brodown1

• Rep: -48
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lindsey is a joke bmx biker worst pro ever....i would say the josh kasper of this generation but that would be giving him too much credit...wu tang is a joke too...they where cool in 95' thats about it....they suck...rap is a joke form of music

yeah dude!

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2007, 02:17:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

lindsey is a joke bmx biker worst pro ever....i would say the josh kasper of this generation but that would be giving him too much credit...wu tang is a joke too...they where cool in 95' thats about it....they suck...rap is a joke form of music

I know it's been asked before but who the fuck are you again?

thisistom

• Rep: 32
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2007, 02:17:59 PM »
the more nyc footage the better if you ask me.

so true

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »
did gino and keenan have "too much" NYC footage over their careers at girl?
i highly doubt NYC footage would ever be viewed as something negative, by any company.
and wu could be sick. we'll know in 6 hours (plus mandatory waiting time).
why not reserve judgment till then.
royce hall holler.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

jrock

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2007, 02:27:29 PM »
skaters hating on the WU?  its like i'm in bizarro world or something...