Author Topic: Soty  (Read 5879 times)

skatelife7

Re: Soty
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2007, 06:59:14 PM »
Dennis Busenitz, Bobby Worrest, Stefan Janoski

its so close between these 3, all equally killing it this year..maybe janoski with the edge cause the 2 parts, tons of coverage as of late and he won best trick at tampa pro..

and i refuse to read any thread regarding the lakai video, so maybe my opinion will change after i see it.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2007, 07:43:07 PM »
Dennis Busenitz, Bobby Worrest, Stefan Janoski

those are the top guys I would say deserve it if we are going by the way its worked in the past and how skater of the year represents the year, one of these guys has done it with the video partst and keeping their name in conversation throughout the year.

If Guys footage had been shown BEFORE late November, I'd obviously think it would be him and his comeback...but it didnt happen that way. Hopefully he can last through 08 and win it then.

Reynolds and Koston are both contenders, but winning twice seems unlikely. Reynolds has had 2 jaw dropping covers and Koston won Tampa in the early part of the year, as well as a cover later on and then the Lakai part.

overall, im going with Busenitz. If not him, itll be a Lakai guy.

agreed....  worrest had tonnes of coverage this year....  i just hope it doesnt end up with duffel...
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

bothersome

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 07:57:53 PM »
worrest will probably win rookie.
as much as i'd like to nominate guy id have to say busenitz and stefan have both done a lot this year.
it's been a great year for a lot of people.

Larry David

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • What did you just FIX your mouth to say?
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »
I hope Mariano wins it.
He's been around forever and never won. He definitely deserves it.
I'd be hyped if MJ or Busenitz won it though, but if Marino wins, that'll be the best choice.
I've got a terrific penis. I could donate a penis.

jerrodword

• Rep: -31
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2007, 08:08:04 PM »
HSU!!!

Dream Turns Into Dreamt

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
but if Marino wins, that'll be the best choice.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 08:12:02 PM »
me
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

bothersome

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2007, 08:14:08 PM »
laces out

Larry David

• Rep: 2
  • What did you just FIX your mouth to say?
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2007, 08:18:26 PM »
I've got a terrific penis. I could donate a penis.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
still like to see worrest get it, hes the only one i can think of who killed it all year

skatelife7

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2007, 08:30:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
but if Marino wins, that'll be the best choice.
[close]

[close]

Typo! haha

lol, best qb to never win a super bowl.

and i just watched worrest's eSpecial part for the 75th time, im leaning towards him now.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »
Damn this is a tough call, even though I already made a topic about this, which was on page 8 or some shit.

Anywayz.

Lots of dudes have been killing this year, but mainly Ali and Ben Pappas.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

skatebored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »

:o

frisco

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2007, 09:20:56 PM »

A-Bo

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

:o

hey-o!

thomas84

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2007, 09:33:08 PM »
Ryan Sheckler is obviously going to win...

kidding.

Orgone

• Rep: 16
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2007, 10:24:51 PM »

swissenheights

• Rep: 6
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2007, 10:25:39 PM »
mj or worrest
dah

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2007, 10:33:01 PM »
i don't really care much about the award "skater of the year" besides the fact that you get to read an interview with somebody good,  in wich case most of the names mentioned would be great.......i just hope it isn't corey duffle.  he always has interviews and coverage polluting magazines and stuff......

i hope its marc johnson just to see some good photos of him......

wheee!

parkingblockdog

• Rep: 3
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2007, 11:44:56 PM »
Robert Worrest should win it hands down he has had so much fucking coverage all of which was sick, there might be some good parts in the Lakai video, but I will not support any of the skaters for SOTY until I get to see the video and unless Lakai leaks it online that will be after I vote for SOTY.  Corey Duffel should get some kind of lifetime achievement award for skating the most rollerblading spots and looking like a rollerblader, but doing so not on a pair of Rollerblades. 

baxter

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2007, 12:01:04 AM »
Robert Worrest should win it hands down he has had so much fucking coverage all of which was sick, there might be some good parts in the Lakai video, but I will not support any of the skaters for SOTY until I get to see the video and unless Lakai leaks it online that will be after I vote for SOTY.  Corey Duffel should get some kind of lifetime achievement award for skating the most rollerblading spots and looking like a rollerblader, but doing so not on a pair of Rollerblades. 
what?

parkingblockdog

• Rep: 3
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2007, 12:22:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what?
I am at work rambaling on about my hate for Corey Duffel, my comment was kind of stupid though.  My point was just that most of the spots he skates could be taken straight out of a rollerblading video.  I don't know, his whole approach toward skating is just reminiscent of a rollerblader to me, he just wants to throw himself down rails with no creativity or style.

baxter

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2007, 12:44:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
what?
[close]
I am at work rambaling on about my hate for Corey Duffel, my comment was kind of stupid though.  My point was just that most of the spots he skates could be taken straight out of a rollerblading video.  I don't know, his whole approach toward skating is just reminiscent of a rollerblader to me, he just wants to throw himself down rails with no creativity or style.
Its ok I have the worst post on here.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2007, 12:53:28 AM »
It's MJ.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2007, 01:02:00 AM »
mariano filmed his part in prety much just under 2 years. alot of the rest of the lakai team did theirs in 4-5. thats a two song part, in 2 years, all of it killer. i hope it's mariano. other than that busenitz or worrest would be great too

thumbhead

• Rep: 14
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2007, 01:06:41 AM »
It's MJ.

oh really.
so what'd you think of Fully Flared?

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2007, 01:13:00 AM »
i don't really care much about the award "skater of the year" besides the fact that you get to read an interview with somebody good,  in wich case most of the names mentioned would be great.......i just hope it isn't corey duffle.  he always has interviews and coverage polluting magazines and stuff......

i hope its marc johnson just to see some good photos of him......

Yeah MJ photos are pretty rare. On the topic of interviews, the last MJ "interview" I remember, was just random ramblings by him. I remember being super-stoked getting the mag, like, "Yes, Marc Johnson" and being really let down by the article. Sick photos but I actually enjoy reading interviews.

pher

• Rep: 0
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2007, 01:39:49 AM »
guy mariano for sure. he had alot of coverage, the comeback thing, and his part in fully flared was too good. im sayin him.

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2007, 01:44:54 AM »
Expand Quote
It's MJ.

[close]
oh really.
so what'd you think of Fully Flared?

I'm only assuming MJ will have a barrage of coverage coming out and his 3 song part was ridiculous.

The Lakai video was the gnarliest thing I've seen since Questionable.
It blew away my expectations.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

AZcharles

• Rep: 7
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2007, 01:50:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
what?
[close]

ironically, only a rollerblader would be unable to realize how good corey duffel is at skateboarding.