Author Topic: Soty  (Read 5880 times)

AZcharles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Soty
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2007, 02:03:49 AM »
haha, i don't mean to go on like i'm picking on you, but how many rollerskate videos have you watched anyway?

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2007, 02:18:54 AM »
skater of the year should go to a person, that is on the way to be a legend at the end of his career (and had top quality coverage this year). i can see it for mj, koston and guy for sure, busenitz is a little bit among them, but worrest does not fit there yet. his parts were amazing, but he's not ready to get it. it's just my logic behind that whole thing

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2007, 02:33:51 AM »
i concur

kosminen

• Rep: 0
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2007, 02:59:28 AM »
I think they should give it to mariano,mj or busenitz.

Burgalveist

• Rep: 11
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2007, 03:55:10 AM »
I'm backing Clint Peterson.

Asian Temptation.

• Rep: -21
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2007, 04:01:16 AM »
Jake Duncombe diserves it.

Seemann

• Rep: 1
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2007, 06:04:27 AM »
Sure Koston deserves it, but he´s already won once, plus he´s been a pretty solid contender for like the last ten years.. I´m hoping Jerry Hsu, but MJ would be more logical.. Either way its tiltmode army, and I can definitely live with that..

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2007, 06:42:42 AM »
I am at work rambaling on about my hate for Corey Duffel, my comment was kind of stupid though.  My point was just that most of the spots he skates could be taken straight out of a rollerblading video.  I don't know, his whole approach toward skating is just reminiscent of a rollerblader to me, he just wants to throw himself down rails with no creativity or style.

Where do you work at, an idiot factory?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2007, 07:18:46 AM »
It should go to mj. His turn is long overdue, and the lakai triple part seals it.

Mariano should get it someday too.

tubbs

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2007, 07:22:17 AM »
these guys get my vote

jake duncombe
jerry hsu
andrew reynolds
stefan janoski

p.s anyone else feeling a little bit dissapointed by the last trick in fully flared?

Guinness

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2007, 07:30:24 AM »
p.s anyone else feeling a little bit dissapointed by the last trick in fully flared?
ya its nuts but i thought it would be better guys last trick was sicker to me

beeda weeda

« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2007, 07:33:53 AM »
Jerme Rogers
Tk
Lutzka
Seaholme
Sheckler

parkingblockdog

• Rep: 3
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »
haha, i don't mean to go on like i'm picking on you, but how many rollerskate videos have you watched anyway?

none, I just know that rollerbladers like to skate rails or big ledges because they also like to run into me at the park after they skate these things and the only spots I ever see rollerbladers at are handrails similiar to the ones Duffel skate (not that I am skating these rails, but they are at a lot of schools that I skate).

Expand Quote
I am at work rambaling on about my hate for Corey Duffel, my comment was kind of stupid though.  My point was just that most of the spots he skates could be taken straight out of a rollerblading video.  I don't know, his whole approach toward skating is just reminiscent of a rollerblader to me, he just wants to throw himself down rails with no creativity or style.
[close]

Where do you work at, an idiot factory?
This is such a stupid inflammatory comment.  Yes I work in an idoit factory, but it is actually extremely complicated to make idoits, what with genetic engineering and such, so all of the workers are extremely qualified I have done 8 years of undergraduate and graduate work to be able to make idoits.  Actually, Corey Duffel was one of the idiots we made in the factory.  We where contracted by a couple companies who wanted us to make an idoit that would appeal to wannabe punks and skaters with no taste.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:49:03 AM by parkingblockdog »

AZcharles

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2007, 11:20:37 AM »
you can say what you like about his hair or his pants or his opinions in interviews or whatever, but if you talk shit on his skating, you just sound like a moron.
he's not really a rail jock, he just skates taller rails than anyone else.  he also skates a lot of other shit.  with a lot of energy/enthusiasm.  i like it.
maybe you should take the rollerskate video out and watch some duffel footy.  or don't.  you're probably a better hater than appreciator anyway..

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2007, 11:29:14 AM »
Jerme Rogers
Tk
Lutzka
Seaholme
Sheckler

I would be sick if those guys could share the title, because they all deserve it and are totally killing it. But how about P Rod then?

parkingblockdog

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
you can say what you like about his hair or his pants or his opinions in interviews or whatever, but if you talk shit on his skating, you just sound like a moron.
he's not really a rail jock, he just skates taller rails than anyone else.  he also skates a lot of other shit.  with a lot of energy/enthusiasm.  i like it.
maybe you should take the rollerskate video out and watch some duffel footy.  or don't.  you're probably a better hater than appreciator anyway..
I not a hater I just don't like his style I'll admit he is an amazing skater ability wise I have always said that.  I try not to hate on anyone, but Duffel has said some disgusting things in the past concerning gay people and people of color, so I don't really feel bad saying shit about him.  Honestly I think that his style on a skateboard is really offensive and I don't like to watch his skating point blank, plus i don't find his trick selection especially appealing.  However, I appreciate your and other people's view on Duffel and hearing them has kind of made me more open minded towards him as far as wining soty.  I should not have said that he appeals to skaters with no taste, that was lame, but I don't really understand why you are trying to be so combative towards me I never said anything about you and I also don't know why you think I watch so many rollerblading videos, but I would rather watch Busentiz or Worrest than Duffel.

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »
With all this competition, i really wondering who's going to get it.  2007 has been a crazy year in skateboarding.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2007, 12:55:26 PM »
In the end, I think the Phelper will decide. I don't think they are counting votes or something. Because then Sheckler would be SOTY every year.

A-Bo

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2007, 12:59:37 PM »

examples?

teenageriot

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2007, 01:16:49 PM »
I think Duncombe is still a little young to get it? altough he killed it this year totally, but im thinking Worrest.

beeda weeda

« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2007, 01:21:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Jerme Rogers
Tk
Lutzka
Seaholme
Sheckler
[close]

I would be sick if those guys could share the title, because they all deserve it and are totally killing it. But how about P Rod then?
As mcuh as everyone loves to hate p-rod. I jus tcan't do it, he's too talented and humble . His skill speaks for itself

Mr. Man

• Rep: -10
  • superCENTRAL
    • supercentral avatar image
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »
AR repeat!

damian

« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2007, 02:23:23 PM »
bobby worrest, stefan janoski,mark appleyard or lewis marnell before ff.
but after ff? damn. well lucas puig is my favorite skateboarder and did have my favorite part...

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I not a hater I just don't like his style I'll admit he is an amazing skater ability wise I have always said that.  I try not to hate on anyone, but Duffel has said some disgusting things in the past concerning gay people and people of color, so I don't really feel bad saying shit about him.  Honestly I think that his style on a skateboard is really offensive and I don't like to watch his skating point blank, plus i don't find his trick selection especially appealing.  However, I appreciate your and other people's view on Duffel and hearing them has kind of made me more open minded towards him as far as wining soty.  I should not have said that he appeals to skaters with no taste, that was lame, but I don't really understand why you are trying to be so combative towards me I never said anything about you and I also don't know why you think I watch so many rollerblading videos, but I would rather watch Busentiz or Worrest than Duffel.

Wasn't the thing regarding "colored people" just a mis understanding. or rather one of those things that magazines do to get attention, not caring if they tell the truth or not? I could be wrong though.

Regardless, duffel is good, but a generic skateboarder. Like david reyes, sick kid, but so generic. I guess everyone can't be a Chris Haslam or a Marc Johnson though.

But, I would like to see McCrank win it.
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

damian

« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2007, 02:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wasn't the thing regarding "colored people" just a mis understanding. or rather one of those things that magazines do to get attention, not caring if they tell the truth or not? I could be wrong though.

Regardless, duffel is good, but a generic skateboarder. Like david reyes, sick kid, but so generic. I guess everyone can't be a Chris Haslam or a Marc Johnson though.

there was no misunderstanding in it, read the interview.

NCLOVE

• Rep: -19
    • Blacksheep avatar image
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2007, 02:50:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

there was no misunderstanding in it, read the interview.

Do you have a link to it? I've never read it before, I just took word from what other people have said.
What's next?
I can see it now.  Head line of CNN

"Birdman finds cure for cancer."

AZcharles

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I would rather watch Busentiz or Worrest than Duffel.

yo tambien!

I don't really understand why you are trying to be so combative towards me I never said anything about you

sorry buddy, nothing personal.  i don't even feel like i was being that combative.  if i came across that way, it's probably because you were trying to say duffel is a rollerblader who hasn't discovered rollerblades yet, (you just didn't say it as well) and i thought that was a stupid accusation.  it doesn't make sense to me how you can get bummed on me for hating on you for hating.  i also think it's funny that you seem to know about rollerblading videos...

and I also don't know why you think I watch so many rollerblading videos
My point was just that most of the spots he skates could be taken straight out of a rollerblading video.
eh?

anyway, i wouldn't vote him soty either, although his cataclysmic abyss part was fucking stellar!  the thrasher interview was good as well.

what about daewon?

georgecarr

• Rep: 6
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2007, 03:32:03 PM »
Nobody deserves it more than Mariano.  He's been holding it down longer than anyone else who hasn't won.

LoveChild

• Rep: -10
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2007, 05:09:20 PM »
Cole, PROD or MJ. Cole has won every frickin contest and had amazing coverage/footage. PRod is everywhere and stepping it up but not sure if he's down with Phelper. MJ - just watch FF.

A-Bo

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2007, 07:33:58 PM »
i hope P-Rod doesnt win, he would make for the most boring interview ever, he is a walking PR statement if that makes sense. It needs to be someone who isnt that corporate or doesnt have their whole career ahead of them like MJ or Frost, they could actually have some entertaining insight on the industry which is what were really lookin for in an interview right? I dont wanna hear about some funny story about his pet iguana i wanna know why he thinks (insert pro) should never skate again. MJ and Koston can say that shit cuz they cant be banned from the industry like someone like worrest could, MJ and Koston are the industry. I said industry way to many times in that, im startin to sound like brodown