Author Topic: CONFESSION Thread: ever focused a brand new board?  (Read 3807 times)

CRACKMONSTER

Re: CONFESSION Thread: ever focused a brand new board?
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 09:29:24 AM »
Never. Crack got me picking up white lint off the ground so why would I not carry around a beat up deck for months for that little 5 shot.

somekid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
Never. Crack got me picking up white lint off the ground so why would I not carry around a beat up deck for months for that little 5 shot.
we got it the first time.
it just wasn't funny.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2007, 06:30:45 PM »
i havent focused a board in a minute. now i just tire myself out to the point that there is no way of focusing a board.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

baxter

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »
Im about to focus my parents.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 07:57:07 PM »
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

krudbenco

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2007, 08:12:24 PM »
this one time i got a brand new deck, i set it up, stepped on it and found out there was mud all over the bottom of my shoes....i got really pissed and just stomped my deck.
another time i was skating and my board slipped out from underneath me and smashed into a wall and the nose chipped, it was still skateable but it pissed me off so i stomped it.

baxter

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »
Man that second ones a bummer for sure.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2007, 09:09:20 PM »
i think it was a 3 day old mike carroll deck, about 4 years ago.  i had a really bad day, just everything was going wrong, skated like shit, tried a variel flip (which i used to be pretty good at) and just got a shinner from hell.  i focused the tail off the board so hard i cracked the venture baseplate as well.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »
ive been known to focus many a brand new board, but i have anger problems up the wazoo so its understandable. last week i was at the park and stuck really bad on rusty ledge, ate it and blew the knee out of a brand new pair of cords. this may not seem like a good reason to focus a brand new board but im really tall so its hard to find good pants. all the little kids were crying as i axed a brand new krooked board in half on the rail.

baxter

« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2007, 10:05:39 PM »
ive been known to focus many a brand new board, but i have anger problems up the wazoo so its understandable. last week i was at the park and stuck really bad on rusty ledge, ate it and blew the knee out of a brand new pair of cords. this may not seem like a good reason to focus a brand new board but im really tall so its hard to find good pants. all the little kids were crying as i axed a brand new krooked board in half on the rail.
I would be crying too.

beeda weeda

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2007, 08:26:39 AM »
Its been a while. I had some anger issues in my early 20s late teens, but delt with it.
Last year when I quit smoking, I was trying to skate about 2-3 weeks into it. I bought a TIm O'connor Habitat with a "hemp" play, I coudlnt believe how bad the boar was, so flimsy and flexable. Not  nice like other  DNA boards. I skated it for about a week, and focused it. I blame it on cigarettes.

evan_7

• Rep: 9
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2007, 08:35:53 AM »
its embarassing, but in the middle of the park i focused a Tom Penny mushroom board like 5 years ago.  it was one of those things that you regret even while you're doing it.