Author Topic: Why fully flared is overrated...  (Read 4353 times)

theironmonkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -37
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Why fully flared is overrated...
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 09:54:17 AM »
it's over-rated because the only people that have seen it so far are the hysterical, industry hanger on, stans that get invited to premieres and then get all excited because there are pros near them and it's noisy and stuff.

people were cheering the fucking girl logo for fucks sake.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:57:05 AM by theironmonkey »

Homo

• Rep: -11
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 10:13:35 AM »

youre right, it would have been more appropriate for people to sit silently as the girl films logo comes up. shut the fuck up, its skateboarding. get hyped. fag.

theironmonkey

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 10:19:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
youre right, it would have been more appropriate for people to sit silently as the girl films logo comes up. shut the fuck up, its skateboarding. get hyped. fag.

oh yeah i forgot skateboarding is all 'wooaahh' and 'dude' and 'fuck yeah'.

anyway regardless of your position on logo cheering, logo cheerers aren't the best people to get an impartial review from.

Skream

• Rep: -1
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

oh yeah i forgot skateboarding is all 'wooaahh' and 'dude' and 'fuck yeah'.

anyway regardless of your position on logo cheering, logo cheerers aren't the best people to get an impartial review from.

you seem awfully bitter - are you IDKFA?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:32:43 AM by Skream »

fast!

• Rep: 7
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 10:29:22 AM »
make my pussy deeper if you will but even if this video completely sucked, slap would still be claiming its awesome. 
opinions really don't count for much since most of the people here share the same opinions.  as long as they're rocking white tees and cords like the rest of the slap clones, everything is kosher no matter how much someone or something sucks.

bean spiller

• Rep: -4
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 10:37:46 AM »
make my pussy deeper if you will but even if this video completely sucked, slap would still be claiming its awesome. 
opinions really don't count for much since most of the people here share the same opinions.  as long as they're rocking white tees and cords like the rest of the slap clones, everything is kosher no matter how much someone or something sucks.

http://www.slapmagazine.com/Mambo/forum/index.php?topic=18482.msg425630#msg425630

Lurkenstock

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »
it's over-rated because the only people that have seen it so far are the hysterical, industry hanger on, stans that get invited to premieres and then get all excited because there are pros near them and it's noisy and stuff.

Damn, dude you sound super duper overly angry about people getting hyped for some shit that they waited like 5 years to see.
Skaters for the most part are video nerds, they watch everything when it comes out, and this shit was like some Star Wars geeks going to the premiere of some new George Lucas shit, and all of the people who are in the movie and the makers of the movie are right there with them, you don't think those guys are gonna lose it when the Lucasfilm logo comes on the screen at the premiere?
I was there, am I a hysterical, industry hanger-on, stan?
Fuck you.
My homie owns a shop and yeah we know a couple people in the industry but we sure ain't riding nobodys dick. We had a chance to go and we went, period. It was exciting because this shit was heavily anticipated and yeah people were hooting and cheering because they were fucking psyched to be there and watch it unfold, I know I was.
If you just sat there being overly critical and hateful, and that was your idea of a good night then that's your business, but harping on others who were lucky enough to be there to have a good time and watch the history unfold, and be psyched at the opportunity to even be there, that's kind of lame of you for lumping everybody who was there into some fanboy pro worshippers and a group of industry dick riders.

kools

• Rep: -45
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 01:00:23 PM »

you obviousily have no appreciation for skateboarding, let alone good skateboarding. everyone of your posts is bitter and twisted. I think its time for to take your boring thoughts somewhere else, i hear rollerblading is in need of some old twisted farts.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 01:07:21 PM »
Out of all the topics you could have bumped back, you choose the one made by a fake account? Brilliant.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ciaran

• Rep: 22
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 01:19:48 PM »

Hypocrisy tastes sweet, doesn't it?  Or have you forgetten that you were at the London premiere too?

If you honestly can't appreciate a DVD with full parts from some of the best up and comers like Mike Capaldi or Alex Olsen, the current batch of top pros like Cairo Foster, Lucas Puig, Poppalardo and Jensen and some of the best skaters the world has seen like Howard, Carroll, Koston, Mariano and Marc Johnson, put together by a creative, skilled and innovative production crew with a large, well-spent budget then there's something seriously wrong with the skewed way you percieve skating and how it's presented.

Shitloads of other message boards are singing the praises of this video; everybody else whom I was talking to after the premiere were all stoked beyond belief.   Is everybody else wrong then and you're right?  

theironmonkey

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hypocrisy tastes sweet, doesn't it?  Or have you forgetten that you were at the London premiere too?

If you honestly can't appreciate a DVD with full parts from some of the best up and comers like Mike Capaldi or Alex Olsen, the current batch of top pros like Cairo Foster, Lucas Puig, Poppalardo and Jensen and some of the best skaters the world has seen like Howard, Carroll, Koston, Mariano and Marc Johnson, put together by a creative, skilled and innovative production crew with a large, well-spent budget then there's something seriously wrong with the skewed way you percieve skating and how it's presented.

Shitloads of other message boards are singing the praises of this video; everybody else whom I was talking to after the premiere were all stoked beyond belief.   Is everybody else wrong then and you're right?  

i didn't say that i didn't appreciate it, i found at least 30% of the video enjoyable.
i was saying that the reviews people have read so far weren't really to be trusted because of
A. the people that wrote them and
2 the circumstances they saw the video in.

sanch

• Rep: -3
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 04:06:23 PM »
I would have been happy to be a stan for that one. Of course I'm gonna cheer extra hard for guys I grew up skating with. It's a contribution to skating and we should all be thrilled. As far as we know, this could be the last huge production coming out of skating period. As for people's opinions, if you don't like them then maybe you can pray that things will change after a couple of viewings, and they often do.

I agree with what you said about a couple weird tricks but it's nothing that will take away from the viewing pleasure. I just get the feeling that you came into the premiere in disaproval before the video even started.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:11:03 PM by sanch »
Rasa Libre and High Grade are completely separate entities. Completely different hippies-mdspb

theironmonkey

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 04:16:03 PM »

I agree with what you said about a couple weird tricks but it's nothing that will take away from the viewing pleasure. I just get the feeling that you came into the premiere in disaproval before the video even started.

not really, i don't even disapprove of it now.

it's a good video, i fucking loved some parts but i do think everyone else is rating it too highly.

basically it's a lot more yeah right than mouse and i wasn't really feeling that.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:26:09 PM by theironmonkey »

yep yep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 04:24:22 PM »

i was one of those idiots...I started cheering especially loud when the SHT Sound logo came onto the screen.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »
basically it's a lot more yeah right than mouse and i wasn't really feeling that.

couldnt have said it any better.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Derka Derk

• Rep: 9
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 05:36:53 PM »
it's over-rated because the only people that have seen it so far are the hysterical, industry hanger on, stans that get invited to premieres

don't all videos with premiere 'tours' (in lack of beter words) start like this? I went to the nike premiere and once again indeed mostly industry heads who use such occasions like business man go golfing. I dissaprove of that, or at least i think it is awful, but such things shouldn't ruin a video.
I think for a lot of people the premiere of FF turned them back into little kids as people have been anticipating this for a long time, so it is no wonder they are cheering for stupid shit or for insane tricks, these guys are enjoying themselves. Hell, at all premieres should people be shouting for insane tricks, it only helps creating a good atmosphere.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 05:39:10 PM »
its a rarity for you to ever think a trick is that crazy unless you are amongst a bunch of people.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

california love.

• Rep: -6
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 10:03:47 PM »
Ive ben lurking for some time

well

a. not enouigh bowl footage. combo tricks are for new age pussies

b. where was the mini ramp section?

sounds like someone didnt have a ticket to the premier.
boo hoo faggot
youre just a butterknife, im a machete

swissenheights

• Rep: 6
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 10:25:58 PM »
my friend sold his extra ticket for 5 bucks...and i heard they were letting kids in without tickets
dah

Mad Max

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2007, 01:01:48 AM »
FF, Biebs... Anyone else from the podium camp monkey?