Author Topic: "when you're skating, MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU LOOK FRESH"  (Read 5192 times)

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "when you're skating, MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU LOOK FRESH"
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2007, 08:50:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i, on the other hand, prefer to skate in the same clothes every day, and do not wash them.
[close]
[close]
you know you've actually been skating when your jeans start to stink.
[close]
and you know you been skating hard when you can see sweat lines in them
[close]

or when they start to fade from you rubbing sweat on them constantly

or if the crotch hole has extended to your ankles
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

MattG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2007, 10:27:19 AM »
gucci boots and prada suits all the way to the skatepark holmes.

its fucking skateboarding who gives a fuck what u look like.
If you get inspired to skate a certain way, how concerned are you with its popularity or acceptability within the skate world
I thought skating was popular and acceptable in the skate world. Maybe I didn't get that press release.

MJ

OttoMaddox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »
If you have the swagger to skate in fresh gear, by all means do it - some dudes naturally pull that shit off e.g. SJ or Keenan or Stevie(old stevie) or a small group of others. 

When people obsess about it it bugs me though, like some kids I know definitely dress up to film tricks.  A buddy of mine was showing me his footage and I noticed one line that seemed below par compared to the rest of the stuff.  I asked him why he kept it in his part and he told me it was because he liked the outfit that he was skating in that day, which I think consisted of camo pants and a basketball jersey.   

jf

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 10:41:33 AM »
this is very cliche slap but some nice chords, 70 degree t-shirt weather and half cabs feels pretty good.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 10:46:52 AM »
like some kids I know definitely dress up to film tricks. 

I've worn certain things to shoot photo's... sometimes it can matter.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 11:17:25 AM »

what you're feeling and whats "fresh" are hopefully different...

I skate the same old shit, it's not fresh but i feel it.

either way i shouldn't give a fuck...but
does that one count? :D
ableSkateMag.com

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 11:27:02 AM »
Someone said this at the weekend .I was with them and felt terrible.This is what all this diamond, sumpreme shit does..."FRESH" bullshit...I hope it dies again and he'll stick with NIKE Jordans circa blah, blah...
I think you misquoted him.  But looking fresh for me equals feeling fresh.  And I don't necessarily mean getting my sneaker game on.  It could just simply being satisfied with my outfit.  If I wore a shirt that smelled like B.O. and went skating then I'd feel bad, thus making my skating suffer.  It's all about mind games man.  I'm kinda like reynolds when I do my hammers.  I have a system, and clothing is a big part of that.   

sanch

• Rep: -3
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2007, 11:37:17 AM »
I actually rely on a goodnights sleep to feel fresh. FRESHLY showered of course but don't think much about being all fitted up for skating. Not to sound like an ass but I stereotype some kids as being soft when I see they're all pretty boy'd out.  Bottom line, I accept people for who they are unless they throw lipstick on. It's apart of skating and my surroundings (SF) to be open to all stees.
Rasa Libre and High Grade are completely separate entities. Completely different hippies-mdspb

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2007, 11:39:15 AM »
I actually rely on a goodnights sleep to feel fresh. FRESHLY showered of course but don't think much about being all fitted up for skating. Not to sound like an ass but I stereotype some kids as being soft when I see they're all pretty boy'd out.  Bottom line, I accept people for who they are unless they throw lipstick on. It's apart of skating and my surroundings (SF) to be open to all stees.

so i guess your not down w jimmy?

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2007, 11:39:49 AM »
Greko wears eye make up.  What about that?  Now that's fresh in a whole different way.

sanch

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2007, 11:52:21 AM »
again, SF raised me so I'm ok with fags.  ;D Kidding. I'm a huge Greco fan. Just would like to see  him back
to being punk again.
Rasa Libre and High Grade are completely separate entities. Completely different hippies-mdspb

FastLife

• Rep: 4
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »
i don't know what the hell the "fresh" is we are talking about here but didnt all the 90's World, Plan B, 101, Girl/Chocolate heads all push the "fresh" image.  Has anything changed other than now its cool to look "gnarly" with a flannel and some Vans.  Trend reversal ?  I don't even know what the hell i'm talking about sorry nevermind

subroku

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »
beer brings out the hate!ha,ha. :)

time to fresh up and mack them bitches at the park boy!

sanch

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2007, 05:08:49 PM »
i don't know what the hell the "fresh" is we are talking about here but didnt all the 90's World, Plan B, 101, Girl/Chocolate heads all push the "fresh" image.  Has anything changed other than now its cool to look "gnarly" with a flannel and some Vans.  Trend reversal ?  I don't even know what the hell i'm talking about sorry nevermind

flannels are something we wore a long time ago. Flannels and straight billed hats. Thank mc-8 for the hat stee. And I actually wore them before that cause I once liked the Suicidal Tendencies stee. What I think is just robot like is how everyone out of nowhere are rocking flannels now. Aren't some of these guys the same guys that wore the pattern style shirts that were the hip thing not so long ago? When you pay close attention you see exactly who the trendy followers are.

Hard To Explain

• Rep: 6
  • you feelin it
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2007, 05:12:17 PM »
When you pay that close attention to what other people are wearing you should realize that you care too much, heh.  :P
You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.  So, I know a few people that can make it happen.

sanch

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 05:16:10 PM »
When you pay that close attention to what other people are wearing you should realize that you care too much, heh.  :P

Not really. How is it that I don't even follow skating and I can see certain trends? Not like I pay close attention it's just something
that sticks out after you see it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Hard To Explain

• you feelin it
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »
I certainly agree about the ease of finding trends these days. As far as I'm concerned if someone wants to follow the trends then they can go ahead and do it, I could care less.

...and I know you feel the same way Sanch
You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.  So, I know a few people that can make it happen.

Diesel

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2007, 05:36:27 PM »

Definitely feel you on that

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2007, 07:15:52 PM »
I don't even skate in clothes that I like anymore because it just fucks them all up. Skate in a white tee shirt for the day and half of it is stained from sweat.

sanch

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2007, 07:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Definitely feel you on that

yeah-good catch. I contradicted myself. I'm pretty open but also don't like it when people can't be individuals.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2007, 08:55:16 PM »
do you guys not realize someone just wrote slap on their balls and posted it on the slap site. who the fuck cares what people are wearing, you are missing genuine humor here. people will do anything for this lakai video.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2007, 09:45:26 PM »
lately its been rat bagged brown cords with sewn up knees and a fresh fourstar tee. the only thing im wierd about is shoes, i need brand new kicks all the time. if i could skate a fresh pair everyday id be perfect.

fresh

swissenheights

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2007, 09:49:58 PM »
i like dressing clean but why dress "fresh" when your gonna get dirty skating..especially when your spending that much money
dah

quit

• Rep: 0
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2007, 01:29:54 AM »
I don't know...I've always thought a fella really gets in love with skating when he's not worried about anything other than skating.

HCSGLBC562

• Rep: -13
    • Fagspace avatar image
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2007, 02:55:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i, on the other hand, prefer to skate in the same clothes every day, and do not wash them.
[close]
[close]
you know you've actually been skating when your jeans start to stink.
[close]
and you know you been skating hard when you can see sweat lines in them
You really need clothes to tell you that? Whats wrong with being a clean person, maybe its just me or the fact that I live in AZ but my shirts are soaked in sweat after skating everyday

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2007, 08:54:37 AM »
A t-shirt, some skate pants that hold up well and are on sale, and some slightly skated Accels. If it's cold, a zip up. That's fresh enough.

One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

bothersome

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »
I've always dressed the same. Only thing thats changed is my pants have slimmed up.
Jeans,t shirts,flannel,beanie. I don't assign clothes for different things, I'm not that guy.
If i had a job where I had to dress nice then it would be different.
If I happen to own A pair of shoes that are limited it's only because I thought they looked cool or someone hooked me up with a pair, they all get skated if they feel good.

evan_7

• Rep: 9
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2007, 09:13:32 AM »
dickies, t shirt and converses.  what else do you need?

RadRacing

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2007, 11:00:28 PM »
i hate the mentality as much as i hate the fact that i cant help but get so hyped to go out skating when i do get around to buying new shoes or clothes. but thats not very often

Bringdalulz

• Rep: 1
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2007, 10:35:47 AM »
beanie, vans slip-ons.