Author Topic: Mike Rusczyk appreciation!  (Read 13930 times)

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mike Rusczyk appreciation!
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2024, 12:01:04 PM »
The Art Bars/Good Times Are Killing Me era Mike will always be my favorite and he might even have my favorite part in Art Bars retrospectively, the song, the skating, the overall package was really there for me. The front tailslide kickflip to tail bend is seared into my brain and I really loved his 3rd & Army footage. Not to mention one of the best pop shuvits of all-time, so popped and clean. Good to see him ripping a bit in that recent LBL piece, warmed the cockles of my heart it did.

http://youtu.be/aYOtEeAbjq8

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

The real veganshawn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2024, 02:34:01 PM »
Such a breath of fresh air during that stale time in skating.
Cocteau Twins

mrosk8

• Rep: 40
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2024, 02:43:18 AM »
Great No Comply and Pop Shuv
one of my favorite for sure
still watching his videopart
Style matters

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 98
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2024, 01:55:54 PM »
The Art Bars/Good Times Are Killing Me era Mike will always be my favorite and he might even have my favorite part in Art Bars retrospectively, the song, the skating, the overall package was really there for me. The front tailslide kickflip to tail bend is seared into my brain and I really loved his 3rd & Army footage. Not to mention one of the best pop shuvits of all-time, so popped and clean. Good to see him ripping a bit in that recent LBL piece, warmed the cockles of my heart it did.

http://youtu.be/aYOtEeAbjq8

Seconded his 3rd and army footage being a highlight. That noseslide/blunt pop over with the wheelblunt scraping noise that I hear in my sleep. He and Strubing's parts were always really refreshing to watch.
It takes someone very special to make pop shoves theirs like that. His style in general was always unique.

cVlt of the hVffer

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2024, 07:44:30 PM »
One of the best no complys ever caught on camera,