Author Topic: Darren Harper on TV  (Read 5034 times)

ikillrappers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Darren Harper on TV
« on: December 05, 2007, 04:50:04 AM »

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
Re: Darren Harper on TV
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 04:52:43 AM »
"I wanna welcome my next guest, Darren Harper, professionnal skateboarder"

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:21:53 AM »
yikes

asdfdsa

• Rep: 7
  • DC's Finest
    • mire esto avatar image
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 05:49:37 AM »
I just keep getting more and more ashamed to be from that area.

And YOU'RE NOT PRO!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 05:58:21 AM by asdfdsa »

SprintCellPhone

• Rep: -118
  • http://oldjeezy.net/
    • PURE HATE avatar image
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 07:05:10 AM »
THAT GUY IS THE WORST .. HOLY SHIT .. FUCK HE COULD FLY TO THE MOON WITH THOSE FUCKING ROCKET SWITCH HEELFLIPS..

WHAT THE FUCK WAS STEVIE THINKING PUTTING THIS GUY ON DGK !?

beeda weeda

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 07:50:55 AM »
I am so sick of hearing his sobb story about how shitty he had it. How poor he was. How he had to sell crack to pay bills .
Just fuckign skate like the rest of us.
awkward watch.

SprintCellPhone

• PURE HATE avatar image
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 08:03:58 AM »
I CANT EVEN BELIEVE YOU WATCHED THAT SHIT.. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT HARD. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE HIM .. BUT  THEN AGAIN HE IS PRETTY BAD AT SKATEBOARDING.. SO HE DOES NEED A GIMMICK

beeda weeda

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 08:06:40 AM »
I CANT EVEN BELIEVE YOU WATCHED THAT SHIT.. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE IT HARD. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE HIM .. BUT  THEN AGAIN HE IS PRETTY BAD AT SKATEBOARDING.. SO HE DOES NEED A GIMMICK
I only watched maybe 30 seconsd, I got the jist of it. It was gay.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 08:09:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I only watched maybe 30 seconsd, I got the jist of it. It was gay.

I watched the 20first and 20last seconds
both times the dude mentioned he was pro

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
ah yes, the infamous 'i grew up in one of the roughest neighborhoods' line

SprintCellPhone

• PURE HATE avatar image
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 08:15:55 AM »
OK ON THE FLIPSIDE.. IF YOU GET PAID FOR SKATEBOARDING (EVEN FROM THE WORST COMPANIES) TO THE "OUTSIDE" WORLD YOU ARE PRO..

FUCK HIS LAST TRICK IN WHAT EVER NEW VIDEO SHOULD BE HIM GETTING SHOT "IN THE TOUGHEST AREA "  AND JUST DIE RIGHT THERE ON THE SPOT.

johnok

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 08:27:56 AM »
man, fuck this guy

lurker207

• Rep: -2
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 08:59:07 AM »
it's Ja Rule on a skateboard!

RandyD

• Rep: -4
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 09:42:48 AM »
Darren Harper is awesome. He has crazy style, but its original. You faggots ever been to South East DC? Its fucking crazy. Go down there and try and skate down the street, get away from your college computer where your parents are paying you to go to school.

asdfdsa

• DC's Finest
    • mire esto avatar image
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »
Darren Harper is awesome. He has crazy style, but its original. You faggots ever been to South East DC? Its fucking crazy. Go down there and try and skate down the street, get away from your college computer where your parents are paying you to go to school.

We don't need you to tell us where he's from or how the situation is over there, he's already told us all 9832473984734 times!!! I've been where he lives, and yes, its really sketchy but he's trying to build his career around the fact that he used to sling dope rather then skating, and its really old.

beeda weeda

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 09:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

We don't need you to tell us where he's from or how the situation is over there, he's already told us all 9832473984734 times!!! I've been where he lives, and yes, its really sketchy but he's trying to build his career around the fact that he used to sling dope rather then skating, and its really old.
he should just skateboard, and stop trying to market his "image", he's trying to be this guy who broke free from the ghetoo using a skateboard, good for him. so,  shut up and skate.

RandyD

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I Agree to a certain extent. But I also just like his skating. It's nice to see something diffrent then rail chompers and Bobby Puleo wanna bee's. Sometimes bad style is refreshing. Where are you Josh Beagle?

hargo

• Rep: -50
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 10:04:41 AM »
man, you guys are too harsh. if you were from his neighborhood you would talk about that shit all the time.
“I just hate anything that can be defined as more spectacle than sport,” he said. “Just like any other athlete, it takes a certain skill to do our sport.”- shawn white

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »
you'll think oprah really called him...

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:08 PM »
Haters will hate.  I've seen Darren grow up and watched him learn how to ollie downtown in the mid 90's.  Too see him get to where he's at now is inspiring to me.  I can see how people can hate on him.  His story does sound like a broken record sometimes though but it's also the interviewer that's asking the same questions everyone else has asked him before.  But SE DC is no joke and to come up skateboarding is something unexpected from that area.  It's like a complete opposite of what's expected.  Like try to picture a hip hop artist coming up from Boise, Idaho.  Not completely impossible but would be something unheard of.  His skating is unique and isn't like everyone else but isn't that what gets us into skateboarding?  Not trying to be like everyone else?  He's raw, unpolished, and has tons of pop.  I like his skating but maybe I'm biased since I've seen this cat since day 1.   

deep

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 12:52:13 PM »
Haters will hate.  I've seen Darren grow up and watched him learn how to ollie downtown in the mid 90's.  Too see him get to where he's at now is inspiring to me.  I can see how people can hate on him.  His story does sound like a broken record sometimes though but it's also the interviewer that's asking the same questions everyone else has asked him before.  But SE DC is no joke and to come up skateboarding is something unexpected from that area.  It's like a complete opposite of what's expected.  Like try to picture a hip hop artist coming up from Boise, Idaho.  Not completely impossible but would be something unheard of.  His skating is unique and isn't like everyone else but isn't that what gets us into skateboarding?  Not trying to be like everyone else?  He's raw, unpolished, and has tons of pop.  I like his skating but maybe I'm biased since I've seen this cat since day 1.   

maybe some of theses guys should settle their beef face to face with darren. you think that would help? im sure issues would get dealt with one way or another

LDS.

• Rep: 11
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 12:56:33 PM »

I know darren has major skill and all, to say non-the less i actually like his skating its just what he has become now that really turns me away from his skating, fame, fortune it all comes and goes! so ehhh!

MattG

• Rep: -2
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 01:13:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

maybe some of theses guys should settle their beef face to face with darren. you think that would help? im sure issues would get dealt with one way or another
that shit would be an interestin thing to see.
If you get inspired to skate a certain way, how concerned are you with its popularity or acceptability within the skate world
I thought skating was popular and acceptable in the skate world. Maybe I didn't get that press release.

MJ

Knockout Ned

• Rep: 27
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »
it's Ja Rule on a skateboard!
worst comparison ever... more like lil wayne.

asdfdsa

• DC's Finest
    • mire esto avatar image
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
man, you guys are too harsh. if you were from his neighborhood you would talk about that shit all the time.

I know plenty of people from that area that skateboard, and some of them are even sponsored. And yet, none of them ever flaunt being from that area or talk about it all the time, if at all.

RandyD

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2007, 01:25:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know plenty of people from that area that skateboard, and some of them are even sponsored. And yet, none of them ever flaunt being from that area or talk about it all the time, if at all.

who?

asdfdsa

• DC's Finest
    • mire esto avatar image
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »
I'm not gonna name them cause that would be embarrassing to them.

beeda weeda

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2007, 01:53:01 PM »
alot of people who skate in DC are from Virginia and areas around dc, I think thats what he's trying to say.

Home Skillet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »
He's actually a very nice dude in person.  That clip of him bustin on little kids was a joke.  But this is the internet where people just type stuff they'd normally not say to a person face to face, so whatever.  Haters will hate. 

asdfdsa

• DC's Finest
    • mire esto avatar image
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »
alot of people who skate in DC are from Virginia and areas around dc, I think thats what he's trying to say.

No, I'm just saying that I know people from the same area that hes from, but they don't tell everybody (if anybody) they meet about how bad the area is.