Author Topic: X-files appreciation  (Read 10088 times)

bentmode

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: X-files appreciation
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 05:10:39 PM »
should have gotten ice t.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 10:54:25 PM »
yup, the mom was without arms or legs and they tied her limbless body down to a dolly and when they werent raping her they just rolled the dolly under the bed.

nightmares

i heard after it originally aired it was banned from television for awhile becuase of complaints

Yup, it was banned for a few years, but they lifter it a few years back.

I love twin peaks too, David lynch is an amazing director. I've only seen season one though, I heard season 2 just came out on DVD so I'm gonna have to watch it.

my friend found this last night and thought I'd find it interesting

Xzibit Puts The X In X-Files Flick
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/13158

I've been hearing about twin peaks for years but still haven't gotten a chance to check it out. Now that the complete series is on dvd, I might have to pick it up.

I'm a little iffy about xzibit being in the movie but I have faith in Carter and everyone.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 01:04:59 PM »
i don't know what it is, but i am addicted to this show now. i used to like catching an episode here and there, but ever since i found season one in the bargain bin for 20 bucks i'm hooked. i watched through that in about 3 days, borrowed season two from my friend's sister, and traded her that one back for season three. it's neat to watch them all in order and follow the little story that pieces together that you wouldn't catch on to if you were just randomly watching episodes. standouts so far have been the one with the crazy epidemic in the prison, the killer and the cop trading bodies after they get in a shootout and only the "cop" is brought back, the one where they get stuck on a ship and time moves really quick which ages them with every like hour that passes, and damn i dont even know... so many more. i feel like a nerd because lately ive just been watching x files all day then skating all night. fuck it though.

ps-  i haven't made it to the season with "home" on it yet, which i think is like 4 maybe, but i remember that episode from tv. it made me download that johnny mathis song haha. we later watched it in honors lit class, but i honestly cannot remember why.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 02:15:45 PM »
And how bout The Lone Gunmen? Spin-offs are usually shit but I really dug this show. You can find all of the episodes on stage6, in pretty good quality, too. 
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 02:43:10 PM »
i don't know what it is, but i am addicted to this show now. i used to like catching an episode here and there, but ever since i found season one in the bargain bin for 20 bucks i'm hooked. i watched through that in about 3 days, borrowed season two from my friend's sister, and traded her that one back for season three. it's neat to watch them all in order and follow the little story that pieces together that you wouldn't catch on to if you were just randomly watching episodes. standouts so far have been the one with the crazy epidemic in the prison, the killer and the cop trading bodies after they get in a shootout and only the "cop" is brought back, the one where they get stuck on a ship and time moves really quick which ages them with every like hour that passes, and damn i dont even know... so many more. i feel like a nerd because lately ive just been watching x files all day then skating all night. fuck it though.

ps-  i haven't made it to the season with "home" on it yet, which i think is like 4 maybe, but i remember that episode from tv. it made me download that johnny mathis song haha. we later watched it in honors lit class, but i honestly cannot remember why.
I know what you mean, I downloaded season 1, then bought 2 and 3 for 20 bucks each, then season 5. I couldn't stop watching them. I'd just get baked and watch them all day, then skate at night

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »
This was a really good show. I watched it when I was younger, when it was still on, so I didn't really get a lot of it, but I really enjoyed it for some reason. I'd like to watch them on DVD again.

By the way, the Twin Peaks suggestions are dead on. You can find almost every episode here http://www.veoh.com/userVideos.html?username=kroepoek, but it's missing the last few episodes. You can also find them here http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TwinPeaks2007, but I would recommend downloading them on veoh. The youtube account has every episode, but there's a ton of shit missing from them. I watched the pilot on there and missed the last five minutes of the ending. I'm about two thirds of the way through season 2 right now.

• Rep: 44
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2007, 12:54:24 PM »
beesst episode was just on the sci-fi channel. about a  carnivorous mushroom organism that gave off a hallucinigen to make people think they were somewhere else so that theyre bodies would keep still while it digested them. gnarly.

moustache

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 01:22:38 PM »
Dudes I was so into XFiles it's not even funny...

I have books and shit at home.

I was such a nerd.

Anyway, it started sucking once Mulder went, and the conspiricy shit about his fucking sister got too much....

And everyone's right about the weird monster episodes... ALWAYS the best of the bunch.

TOOMBS was the best episode EVER.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 01:24:04 PM »
i've never watched more than 3 minutes of this show.

mick swagger

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2007, 01:29:26 PM »
the crazy regular redneck epsiode was dope, along with the one where the guy had the bacteria/ fungus and everything he touched got merked by this flesh eating moss.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 01:30:53 PM »

I was such a nerd.

Anyway, it started sucking once Mulder went, and the conspiricy shit about his fucking sister got too much....

And everyone's right about the weird monster episodes... ALWAYS the best of the bunch.

EUGENE TOOMBS WAS THE SHIT
SO GNARLY!!!

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 02:40:41 PM »

I was such a nerd.

Toombs is definitely up there with the best episodes. I'm secretly hoping the new movie will be about him, but I doubt it.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 03:04:33 PM »
it was so cool because it was made in vancouver / soutwest bc.  youd play the game of trying to figure out exactly where they were shooting, what part of bc they were having stand in for phoenix, new orleans, new mexico, los angeles, whatever...   my brother was an extra a few times.

my girl DLed all the twin peaks a couple months back.  she watched one or two episodes and was like, 'why the hell did i like this back when it came out !?"

ERICVILLARREAL

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 03:20:26 PM »
xfiles is great
mulder is great
that fine bitch is great
and the opening theme music gives me a temporary erection
all around great show

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Far out man.
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »
well the movie probably wouldn't deal with him. he was a season one character, the first episode he gets institutionalized, then by the end of the second one he's killed. or i guess so, i doubt he survived getting crushed by the escilator thing. did anyone ever see the episode in season two with (i think) the actor who plays Monk on tv? his shadow killed people. but aside from being a cool episode, they give a little nod to toomes when they investigate the first crime scene which there appears to be no point of entry. scully gets down and looks at the little vent shaft and this cop asks her what shes doing and that no one could ever fit through there, mulder gives a smug "you never know" and the two laugh. annnnd i am now a complete nerd. i'm in the midst of season 3 right now and i can honestly say this thread is my most anticipated check on my usual slap rounds. oh well, i guess it beats arguing about pappalardo.

• Rep: 44
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2007, 05:45:24 PM »
the crazy regular redneck epsiode was dope, along with the one where the guy had the bacteria/ fungus and everything he touched got merked by this flesh eating moss.

yeah the chupacabre mexican two parter. was toombs the bald guy who ate sick peoples body parts and ripped his thumb off to get out of handcuffs ?

i'm kinda drunk right now and this thread is getting me too stoked. someone needs to calm me down.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Far out man.
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »
toomes was the guy who could contort his body to get through the small spaces like airducts and heater vents, so he could sneak in. his whole deal was that he had been alive since the early 1900's and every like 30 years he needs to kill 4 or so (i forget the exact number) people in order to eat their liver, then he goes back into hibernation for another 30 years.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Far out man.
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2007, 06:00:21 PM »
wait a sec, retared redneck as in the one who could control lightning? they ahd the best James song in that episode, and jack black co stars haha, i just watched that one, its during season 3

Diesel

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »
I can only remember one episode when they were in the woods in cabins and there were these bugs that would eat your insides out or somthing like that.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2008, 10:20:56 PM »
Anyone else have that gay ass "AIM TODAY" page open up when you log on? Well usually, it pisses me off, but today I was pleasantly surprised to find this gem

I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2008, 10:33:02 PM »
Anyone know when the next movie is due out? It was one of the best shows ever on TV.

ET253

• Rep: -29
  • - 31! Damn it went down again!!! -300 or bust...
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 07:36:45 AM »
i met the guy who created the xiles and he was seriously the biggest dick i have ever met in my life.....

man that's a bummer. I bet he works for the government. With the kinda research he had to be doing every single day over the entire span of time that show was on the air I'm sure he at least came across reliable information on the Bilderberg Group and Bohemian Grove. He's probably had his life threatened over his potential ability to expose shit like that through the show. Although they did talk about Operation Paperclip, but that was forever ago. Here's a real conspiracy theory for ya, the dude that created the X-FIles is named Chris Carter... and so is the dude that made Alien Workshop. Coincidence? They're not the same dude either...

ET253

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 07:38:22 AM »
we always met a a friends house, smoked a bunch and watched the c-files the whole night. good days ...

c-files sounds like the show where Mulder and Scully search for little girls lost teddy bears...

ET253

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 07:41:55 AM »
Expand Quote
i used to think it was lame, but I've been watching it lately and some of them are actually pretty creepy.  I much prefer the "monster of the week" type episodes over the "massive government conspiracy" ones though.  The story line just gets so tedious with those.  I'm hoping to buy the full series someday soon, but for now the midnight marathons on TNT will do.
[close]

I used to feel the same until I got seasons 1 through 7 on dvd, now that mentality has sort of reversed. I'm more sick of the monster of the week ones, but it's rad when you can watch all the government conspiracy episodes in a row with no commercials and filter out all the ones that don't pertain to the conspiracy. It makes it alot easier to put together all the pieces. Purity Control. But the one that pic is from, the one with human tapeworm that attacked sewer workers. That one ruled. If you look in the first installment of "Pusher" when he gets ambushed by the undercover FBI in the supermarket one of the tabloids on the stand has a picture of that thing on its cover. Folie a Deux was also another one of the best monster of the week ones...

I think me and tommy tutone had a discussion about this way back in an x-files movie thread. I feel the same way. Monsters > Conspiracies

bring on the maggot-men!

ET253

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 07:42:59 AM »

anybody who doesnt like the 'conspiracy' episodes...you guys need to buy the x files dvd boxed sets with the white covers. i forget the name of them, but they are basically all of the conspiracy episodes compiled together. its great. once you see it chronologicaly you'll be hooked. 

and to the person who mentioned the incest family episode...probably some of the gnarliest shit i have ever seen on network tv. the name of the episode is "home". seriously scary shit

and people who like the x files should check out a show from the early 90s called 'twin peaks'. probably weirder than the files, only lasted two seasons but it was great. david lynch was a co creator, nuff said.

haha yeah that song they would listen to when they would bomb around in that old caddy at night and beat people to death.

ET253

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 07:43:36 AM »
Expand Quote

anybody who doesnt like the 'conspiracy' episodes...you guys need to buy the x files dvd boxed sets with the white covers. i forget the name of them, but they are basically all of the conspiracy episodes compiled together. its great. once you see it chronologicaly you'll be hooked. 

and to the person who mentioned the incest family episode...probably some of the gnarliest shit i have ever seen on network tv. the name of the episode is "home". seriously scary shit

and people who like the x files should check out a show from the early 90s called 'twin peaks'. probably weirder than the files, only lasted two seasons but it was great. david lynch was a co creator, nuff said.
[close]
wasn't that episode about like 3 brothers that held their mom captive, raped her, and threw away the miscarages? That shit was gnaaaaarly

Ya and the mom was down for it! Talk about kinky...

ET253

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2008, 07:46:42 AM »
I love twin peaks too, David lynch is an amazing director. I've only seen season one though, I heard season 2 just came out on DVD so I'm gonna have to watch it.

my friend found this last night and thought I'd find it interesting

Xzibit Puts The X In X-Files Flick
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/13158

Thursday - December 6, 2007 by Janeé Bolden
California rapper Xzibit continues to find success in Hollywood, having recently been cast in the newest film adaptation of television hit series X-Files.

While series regulars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have signed on to reprise their roles as FBI agents Mulder and Scully in the upcoming X-Files film, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Xzibit, Amanda Peet and Scottish comic Billy Connolly have also been cast.

Due to a secrecy concerns regarding the plot, Fox has thus far declined to reveal any information about the actor's roles; however Hollywood Reporter sources say Xzibit and Amanda Peet will also play FBI agents in the film.

Directed by Chris Carter and written by Carter and Frank Spotnitz, the new X-Files movie stands alone from a previous 1998 adaptation, and is not a continuation or sequel to that feature. Production is expected to begin later this month in Vancouver and the film is projected to hit theaters by July.

As SOHH previously reported, Xzibit was also recently cast in the Oliver Stone film Pinkville, which also stars Bruce Willis and Woody Harrelson. That project has been put on hold indefinitely due to the current Writer's Guild strike.

I wonder if it's gonna be colonization???

ET253

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 07:48:22 AM »
And how bout The Lone Gunmen? Spin-offs are usually shit but I really dug this show. You can find all of the episodes on stage6, in pretty good quality, too. 

Is that a website??? Ya that show was good. I was so bummed when they kiled tehm off...

ET253

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2008, 07:51:23 AM »
beesst episode was just on the sci-fi channel. about a  carnivorous mushroom organism that gave off a hallucinigen to make people think they were somewhere else so that theyre bodies would keep still while it digested them. gnarly.

hahaha ya that episode was called Feild Trip. If you couldn't already tell I'm the hugest fucking x-files nerd in the world. I can see less than ten seconds of any episode and tell you which one it is and what it's about. No exxaggeration. It's like a sixth sense. My vote for cheesiest episode of all time was the one about the killer cats that lived in the ventilation system of that museum and started killing people cause they excavated the body of a female chaman in this pot to display in the museum. Just watch it. You'll feel me...

ET253

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2008, 07:52:40 AM »
Expand Quote

I was such a nerd.

[close]

Toombs is definitely up there with the best episodes. I'm secretly hoping the new movie will be about him, but I doubt it.

They should bring back chester ray abnton as well. The dude with the killer shadow. Remember???