Author Topic: X-files appreciation  (Read 10077 times)

ET253

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
  • - 31! Damn it went down again!!! -300 or bust...
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: X-files appreciation
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2008, 07:55:19 AM »
Expand Quote
the crazy regular redneck epsiode was dope, along with the one where the guy had the bacteria/ fungus and everything he touched got merked by this flesh eating moss.
[close]

yeah the chupacabre mexican two parter. was toombs the bald guy who ate sick peoples body parts and ripped his thumb off to get out of handcuffs ?

i'm kinda drunk right now and this thread is getting me too stoked. someone needs to calm me down.

No but that one ruled too!!! That was Leonard Betts and he was made entirely out of cancer...

ET253

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2008, 08:16:14 AM »
another fun thing to do (especially if you have lots of seasons on dvd) is to keep track of how many glorified extras got reused throughout the years. Like the dude who plays the sheriff in the episode written by steven king about the little girl with the fucked up demon doll that makes people claw their own eyes out also plays the insanely vulgar detective in the episode "Jose Chungs: From Outer Space" that's the one with the Ray Harryhausen monster and Alex Trebek. Oh, and by the way, in the stephen king episode they show scully in the bath tub and she takes her leg out to close the door with her foot and I garauntee you will have an instant orgasm from seeing it. Other than that, the dude that played Dr. Yonichi in the episode where the guy comes back in time as an old man to kill himself and all his research parters cause they invented successful cryogenics which ultimately led to time travel is also a character in the one about the volcanic fungus that bursts out of people's necks. Then, the dude that played Hepcat Helm, I believe his name was, in the episode with the circus freaks (the guy who ran the "tabernacle of terror") also played the wheelchair bound friend of the prison inmate in the first season who had a grudge against Mulder and then got released after they did fountain of youth type experiments on him so Mulder couldn't recognize who he was cause he looked all young and shit again. But ya those are only a few examples and I've barely scratched the surface here. If anyone can tell me which other episode the black lady who played the hostage negotiator in the second part to Dwayne Barry was also in I'll be eternally grateful. It's been driving me crazy. I know it was  abit part as a deadpan morgue attendant of some sort but that's all I remember. Ya I'm a huge ass nerd hahah...

• Rep: 48
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »
I've been into this show for the longest.  My favorite episode was the hacker episode "Killswitch", I don't know why really.  Also, who was that dude who could mind control people "Cerulean Blue, Cerulean Blue".  I always dug that guy.  I also dug the Millenium series, too.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

ET253

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »
Man you made this account just to talk about X-Files, didn't you.

haha guilty as charged! I'm the biggest fuckin X-Files nerd alive. I make no apologies...

I've been into this show for the longest.  My favorite episode was the hacker episode "Killswitch", I don't know why really.  Also, who was that dude who could mind control people "Cerulean Blue, Cerulean Blue".  I always dug that guy.  I also dug the Millenium series, too.

I like that song twilight time from Killswitch. I'm gonna use that for the credits in a skate video someday. Ya that was a good episode. The other one you're thinking of is the one I mentioned earlier called Pusher. The characters name was Robert Patrick Modell and I always thought it was rad taht in the first installment Mulder made a reference to Yojimbo because that's one of my all time favorite movies, and Modell liked to think of himself as a Ronin adhering to Bushido and searching for a worthy adversary, which he eventually found in Mulder. Then, they had another episode where it was his sister who had the same ability.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2008, 12:01:16 AM »
Anyone know when the next movie is due out? It was one of the best shows ever on TV.

July 25, 2008.

ET253

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »
oh also, I don't know how I forgot to mention this, but they also reused Crychek. He was and extra in the first or second season episode about the sex changing amish aliens. They would die and then come back to life but as the oposite sex and they had this creepy ass catacomb thing they would take the bodies down into for the transformation and mulder hid down there while it happened to discover the secret. ALso, scully almost got nailed in that episode cause another thing about these "people" is that they could naturally produce some sort of aphrodisiac pharamone or something that made them irresistable.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »
the sex change one was in the first season, that one was wild. i'm on season 4 now, and krychek is back... they went to that crazy russian camp where they test the black oil. that whole two part episode was nuts. but i think my favorite episode so far has been the Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man. that shit was deep.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2008, 08:05:57 PM »
That one guy that killed all the tested 'nam vets that couldn't sleep was EPIC
Modell, obviously.
The bugs that could only attack in the dark, and mulder and scully are up in some cabin with like 1 light and shit
so gnar

The one mentioned above with Charles Nelson Riley was funny as hell

ET253

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2008, 09:03:23 AM »
the sex change one was in the first season, that one was wild. i'm on season 4 now, and krychek is back... they went to that crazy russian camp where they test the black oil. that whole two part episode was nuts. but i think my favorite episode so far has been the Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man. that shit was deep.

Ya Tunguska. Musing' s of a Cigarrette Smoking Man would definitely have to be my vote for favorite as well. The only thing I thought they should have done was have him kill John Lennon also. And he should have done it just out of a personal loathing for hippies. That woulda been rad haha...

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 10:10:56 AM »
I remember sitting in philosophy class my senior year at the university of vermont 2 years ago at a desk that had "X-Files is bomb" carved into it colored in with a green pen.  I always loved imagining some vermonster sitting in that same shitty philosophy department room in 1998 all baked taking 20 minutes to etch that into his desk instead of listening to some lecture about free will.

• Rep: 48
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »
another fun thing to do (especially if you have lots of seasons on dvd) is to keep track of how many glorified extras got reused throughout the years. Like the dude who plays the sheriff in the episode written by steven king about the little girl with the fucked up demon doll that makes people claw their own eyes out also plays the insanely vulgar detective in the episode "Jose Chungs: From Outer Space" that's the one with the Ray Harryhausen monster and Alex Trebek. Oh, and by the way, in the stephen king episode they show scully in the bath tub and she takes her leg out to close the door with her foot and I garauntee you will have an instant orgasm from seeing it. Other than that, the dude that played Dr. Yonichi in the episode where the guy comes back in time as an old man to kill himself and all his research parters cause they invented successful cryogenics which ultimately led to time travel is also a character in the one about the volcanic fungus that bursts out of people's necks. Then, the dude that played Hepcat Helm, I believe his name was, in the episode with the circus freaks (the guy who ran the "tabernacle of terror") also played the wheelchair bound friend of the prison inmate in the first season who had a grudge against Mulder and then got released after they did fountain of youth type experiments on him so Mulder couldn't recognize who he was cause he looked all young and shit again. But ya those are only a few examples and I've barely scratched the surface here. If anyone can tell me which other episode the black lady who played the hostage negotiator in the second part to Dwayne Barry was also in I'll be eternally grateful. It's been driving me crazy. I know it was  abit part as a deadpan morgue attendant of some sort but that's all I remember. Ya I'm a huge ass nerd hahah...
There's a Jose Chung tie in to one of the Millenium episodes.  Everyone here would probably fucking love it.  It makes fun of Scientologists.

“Skaters are rebels” Reggie Barnes
“…If we create campaigns trying to sway skateboarders they will possibly rebel against it and go even more to non branded boards”

Diesel

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2008, 10:27:22 AM »
I remember sitting in philosophy class my senior year at the university of vermont 2 years ago at a desk that had "X-Files is bomb" carved into it colored in with a green pen.  I always loved imagining some vermonster sitting in that same shitty philosophy department room in 1998 all baked taking 20 minutes to etch that into his desk instead of listening to some lecture about free will.

haha

ET253

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2008, 11:47:44 AM »
ANother rad episode is the one with Bruce Campbell...

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2008, 12:36:24 PM »
Post-Modern Prometheus, the one with Cher, was also tops.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

ET253

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2008, 12:39:26 PM »
haha ahhh yes. The great mutato! Another good one is the one where it's all one continuous camera shot and they never cut away. The story is about mulder finding some lost boat in the bermuda triangle but when he gets on board it's back during WW2 and the Nazi's have just raided the ship but all the main characters are actual characters from the show.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2008, 01:40:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha

Nice fuckin avatar... hello wallpaper

j0rdan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2008, 01:44:18 PM »
amazing

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Back?
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2008, 03:25:07 PM »
haha ahhh yes. The great mutato! Another good one is the one where it's all one continuous camera shot and they never cut away. The story is about mulder finding some lost boat in the bermuda triangle but when he gets on board it's back during WW2 and the Nazi's have just raided the ship but all the main characters are actual characters from the show.

Triangle, good episode.

ET253

« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2008, 12:54:09 PM »
Is it just me, or is this the raddest thread in the entire Slap forum???

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »

have you even looked at classic slap?

ET253

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

have you even looked at classic slap?

that i have not. Am I missing out???

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Far out man.
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2008, 01:40:09 PM »
well, i've just started season 5, and redux I and II have been insane so far. why is the season so short though? only five discs instead of the normal six.

ET253

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »
oh damn which one is redux again? My mom is borrowing that season right now...

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2547
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »
well, i've just started season 5, and redux I and II have been insane so far. why is the season so short though? only five discs instead of the normal six.

The movie was shot between seasons 5 and 6 so they had to cut down on the number of episodes.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Far out man.
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
they find the alien body in the ice, but a DOD member tells them its fake. mulder fakes his suicide, and sneaks into the DOD to get that cure for scully's cancer. they also find out chief blevins was the rat in the fbi, and he gets killed. crap, and on top of all that, the ciggy man got shot. basically, pretty crazy two episodes.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Back?
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The movie was shot between seasons 5 and 6 so they had to cut down on the number of episodes.

The movie takes place between seasons 5 and 6, but was actually shot between 4 and 5, with pick ups during season 5.

ET253

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »
ANother good one was the two parter with Micheal McKean. I also really liked "Unusual Suspects" the one where they explained the origins of the lone gunmen and how they met mulder and got the idea for their name. Then they did an episode that reprised it a few episodes after the one with Micheal McKean and he had a little geust appearance where he bumped into Scully and grabbed her ass while she was under the influence of some crazy mind control chemical that made her act like a silly ho, and of course no one remembered who he was because at the end of the other one everything went back to normal and nobody had any memory of he and Mulder switching bodies.

ET253

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2008, 08:36:53 PM »
Dean Haglund (Langley) with Jordan Maxwell. He looks too respectable with short hair...

ET253

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »
The hottest picture I've ever seen...

*that noise Homer makes when he's thinking about donuts*
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:41:12 PM by ET253 »

lenny

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »