Author Topic: ALIEN VS PREDATOR 2, THIS CHRISTMAS!  (Read 1990 times)

Slater

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
ALIEN VS PREDATOR 2, THIS CHRISTMAS!
« on: December 13, 2007, 10:31:06 PM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
Re: ALIEN VS PREDATOR 2, THIS CHRISTMAS!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 06:43:15 AM »
fucking epic

it was everything that combining these franchises should have been all along. i'd say their only misstep was no titties in a film like this, with fine women and an R rating.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 07:38:49 AM »

fuck dat
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 10:24:23 AM »
The action was good but the character development was pointless and juvenile.  I wish every hot blonde bitch was a complete slut...

The brothers strause typically killed the only black character in the pool cause he couldn't swim as fast as the white people.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 10:28:28 AM »
"A vile, joyless, murky, moronic, amateurish, contemptuous, numbing, unintentionally hilarious, and thoroughly diseased motion picture...a middle-finger to the paying crowd."

that said, i'm still going to watch it. it has to be better than that first pile of shit.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 11:12:16 AM »
The action was good but the character development was pointless and juvenile.  I wish every hot blonde bitch was a complete slut...

i agree but i felt vendicated when said weak ass charaters got brutally taken out

The brothers strause typically killed the only black character in the pool cause he couldn't swim as fast as the white people.

so lame it was kind of funny but no worse than the stoner guys. they may as well have had targets painted on them

body count was definitely where it needed to be to make this work

poocrusher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 11:16:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i agree but i felt vendicated when said weak ass charaters got brutally taken out

Expand Quote
[close]

so lame it was kind of funny but no worse than the stoner guys. they may as well have had targets painted on them

body count was definitely where it needed to be to make this work

I will say that I love an all out blood and guts massacre...I think if they would have just made it more titties and pointless entertainment.  I wouldn't have had to sit through all the bullshit dialogue. 

Also, what the fuck happened in the end?  It didn't even make sense.

ET253

• Rep: -29
  • - 31! Damn it went down again!!! -300 or bust...
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 10:13:59 PM »
it wasn't bad. The only mistake they made was not giving us time to get to now the characters, and actually like them, before they killed them off. Like the pregnant chick. That should have been waaay more devastating but instead I was just sort of like ehhh, sucks to be her. Also, I was hoping there would be a queen. Don't get me wrong, the Predalien was rad, but it's not an Alien movie without a queen, and I don't get what's so special about Predator DNA, that when mixed with Alien DNA, automatically gives a predalien the ability to reproduce...

The point that practically all Alien movies have missed since the second one is that the reason it was so cool is that it was just a war movie, not neccessarily Horror or Sci Fi, but then it just so happened to turn into this fucked up horror scif fi situation but it was still made like a classic war movie throughout.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 04:28:02 AM by ET253 »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 07:39:47 AM »

"game over man..."

Your right except i thought that aliens four was a good combination of war, horror and monstor film which is the direction I felt they went with this one. Also I felt this one did a good job of mixing all the good elements of both franchises into one film. There were times where this was kind of war like, there were times where it was OG predator like, etc... but unfortunately there were times were it was also scream like.

ET253

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 07:52:19 PM »
Oh ya don't get me wrong I really liked the movie but I think I'm with just about everyone that the only real problem was lack of character developement. I still think they should have just made a long ass movie like the special edition dvd of aliens.

illymatic numerodos

• Rep: 5
  • What would NPH do?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 01:10:43 AM »
atleast the predator didn't give some bitch her own alien shield...

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 01:46:16 AM »
Oh ya don't get me wrong I really liked the movie but I think I'm with just about everyone that the only real problem was lack of character developement. I still think they should have just made a long ass movie like the special edition dvd of aliens.

I think the character development was unbearable, and wanted even less.
It was basically Transformers, only decent when you aren't forced to struggle to pay attention to overly cliche bullshit teen drama. 

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 07:00:14 AM »
I thought transformers was way more painful than this. The charater developement took up way more screen time and the annoying charaters didn't get killed off.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 11:13:34 PM »
atleast the predator didn't give some bitch her own alien shield...
no, but that guy took the predators handgun which is fucked up.

they totally should have broken out the titties since the "line" had been crossed.  little kid getting facehugger'd, pregnant chicks falling victim to the predalien, secondary female lead axed, might as well gone the whole way.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 01:29:04 AM »
predator 1 and aliens were the best of their respective franchises....  the rest are still trying to play catch up....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 05:54:57 AM »
I was so down for this movie

[cheesy voice] I thought i told you not to crash [/cheesy voice]

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 06:06:32 AM »
predator 1 and aliens were the best of their respective franchises....  the rest are still trying to play catch up....

no love for aliens II? thought that was the best of the aliens series

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 09:15:42 AM »
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

loophole

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 09:50:31 AM »
i just watched it. it was shit. sorry.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 10:00:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no love for aliens II? thought that was the best of the aliens series
alienS is the second installment of the series.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »
woops, hopefully the programs i work with don't chat here, could loose some nerd stee over this

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 11:00:54 AM »
woops, hopefully the programs i work with don't chat here, could loose some nerd stee over this

you work with programs. sounds very johnny 5ish.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 01:13:14 PM »
[cheesy voice] I thought i told you not to crash [/cheesy voice]
heh, that dude always uses some corny line to get the last word with the sheriff.
"people are dieing" no shit sherlock

ET253

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 07:29:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think the character development was unbearable, and wanted even less.
It was basically Transformers, only decent when you aren't forced to struggle to pay attention to overly cliche bullshit teen drama. 

Ya the "teen" aspect was totally fuckin lame but I liked the fact that they killed the girl all cold blooded like that. They shoulda killed the boy, too, for being so retardedly emo. But still, the fact remains that they didn't make us care about the characters enough and I'm starting to think maybe it's just cause they were poorly written cliches anyway, so maybe we wouldn't have liked them anymore no matter how much tehy developed em. But when you watch the first two installments in the Alien trilogy I don't know what it is but you really become ttatched to characters like Ripley and Hicks. Somehow they complicated and simple at the same time. They weren't one dimensional at all, like the characters in this one. The character I was holding out the most hope for was the Sheriff cause he seemed like the unlikely hero who didn't really want to deal with all this or have any idea how. That's sorta like how Ripley was and she just manned up cause she had no other choice but to become a hero. The bad guy goin straight was too obvious. I would've at least killed him off and made the younger brother the hero at the very least. He also would've made a good unlikely hero, especially if everyone he knew or cared about ended up dying. Another thing I found odd about the two brothers is neither of them semed to give a rats ass about their parents. Does this high school kid just live in some suburban mansion all by himself? Can you make that kinda money delivering pizzas??? I don't think Predator 2 gets nearly the recognition it deserves either. By the way, What'd everyone think of Alien Ressurrection???

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
true.  it wasn't "Transformers.....and the kid from Even Stevens".  someone needs to personally edit that movie to be strictly transformers.

Resurrection would've been better as the third with the obvious changes to be made.  nobody wants to see ripley play ball, although it would've been rad if they'd shown winona's true extent of being an android (a la, tore up bishop style).

ET253

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2008, 11:16:01 PM »
Why does Hollywood feel that I want to see humans in movies like this and transformers?  All I want is to see aliens and predators wasting eachother or transformers stomping the shit out of each other

ya humans only work in these movies if they're badass like Ripley. Or really entertaining like Hicks. Nobody in this new one was particularly anything. They might as well have all been cardboard cutouts.

true.  it wasn't "Transformers.....and the kid from Even Stevens".  someone needs to personally edit that movie to be strictly transformers.

Resurrection would've been better as the third with the obvious changes to be made.  nobody wants to see ripley play ball, although it would've been rad if they'd shown winona's true extent of being an android (a la, tore up bishop style).

Very true about Winona Ryder's character. She should've at least gotten an arm and half the skin on her face ripped off. And, ya, I liked Ressurrection, I would definitely consider myself down forthe writing talents Joss Whedon. He writes good dialogue and is always successful at developing a strong repoir between his characters and getting us to like them, like with Firefly, but at the same time he's one of those dudes like Tim Burton that will take someone elses legacy and try to turn it into his own movie. All in all, however, I wouldn't say he did a bad job on it. He came up with some cool ideas, like the room full of aborted Ripleys. Hell, i'm sure it turned out better than it would have had it been done by Tim Burton. Then all the aliens would have been running around with goth makeup and face paint on, crying about losing the love of their life. Anyone remember that old World Industries graphic, circa 96 or 97, that was an ode to H.R. Giger???

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 05:45:43 AM »
Why does Hollywood feel that I want to see humans in movies like this and transformers?  All I want is to see aliens and predators wasting eachother or transformers stomping the shit out of each other

Agree 100%
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 05:58:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree 100%

I went on a big rant about this with my friends after seeing transformers. I was really shocked that they didn't explore the presonalities of the transformers the same way they did in the cartoon. The constant back stabbing an bickering between the decepticons was one of my favorite things about the show and that was completely absent from the film.

Also did anyone notice that they played the token black guy card in transformers also?

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 10:34:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Agree 100%
[close]

I went on a big rant about this with my friends after seeing transformers. I was really shocked that they didn't explore the presonalities of the transformers the same way they did in the cartoon. The constant back stabbing an bickering between the decepticons was one of my favorite things about the show and that was completely absent from the film.

Also did anyone notice that they played the token black guy card in transformers also?

the military guy?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 11:09:55 AM »
no the one robot that spoke with a Jamaican accent was the only autobot that got peaced out. i assumed he was the "token black guy" transformer.