Author Topic: montage  (Read 1301 times)

ReidVaeth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -180
  • i'm here.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
montage
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:16:53 PM »
a montage i made of me and my friends.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F_PWbLHmhDg
jammage.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 13
Re: montage
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 08:27:38 PM »
a lot of bad filming but I liked when the kid was on the ground, until he got up

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 08:43:49 PM »
a lot of bad filming but I liked when the kid was on the ground, until he got up
what was bad about the filming?
jammage.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 08:46:07 PM »
shaky handycam doesnt equal a good montage

MEOW

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
    • Stardust Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 08:49:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what was bad about the filming?

yeah just looked like somebody was standing straight up, holding the camera up to their eye the entire time. boring. also, check out these threads:

http://www.slapmagazine.com/Mambo/forum/index.php?topic=10272.0

http://www.slapmagazine.com/Mambo/forum/index.php?topic=17176.0

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 09:26:59 PM »
i didn't think it was shaky.and filmed it all long lens so that's why there were no lines or anything.plus the quality looks bad becausee i don't know how to mess with the compression on youtube.
jammage.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »
just because you don't think it was doesn't make it true it was shaky live with it

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 09:34:25 PM »
fuck you.do you film?
jammage.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 09:44:05 PM »
fuck you.do you film?
i don't think cursing is going to make your footage any better ,I  don't film i think its a waste of time unless you want to get sponsored have sponsors who want you to have footage or are a skate jock and from seeing your footage I know you don't have sponsors and shouldn't be looking for sponsors.

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
fuck you.do you film?
[close]
i don't think cursing is going to make your footage any better ,I  don't film i think its a waste of time unless you want to get sponsored have sponsors who want you to have footage or are a skate jock and from seeing your footage I know you don't have sponsors and shouldn't be looking for sponsors.
yes because that is wat skateboarding is completely about.getting sponsered.
jammage.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 09:59:41 PM »
Vaeth you on fourduos forum too?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 10:02:23 PM »
you must think like this or theres no reason to film you cant enjoy skateboarding unless you get your rocket flip on film so you can go home and brag about it all over myspace

Accountant

• Rep: -8
  • magnificent baby
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 10:03:25 PM »
Are your friends mad that you made their decent tricks look like that?

scragentjed

• Rep: -22
  • Build Skateboards, not Bombs.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 10:03:55 PM »
some cool little spots, that pole jam looked really fun, as well as some of the ditch spots.

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 10:26:48 PM »
jammage.

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 10:30:55 PM »
you must think like this or theres no reason to film you cant enjoy skateboarding unless you get your rocket flip on film so you can go home and brag about it all over myspace
i like filming because it's fun.i don't film to show off.i don't film to look cool.i don't film to get sponsered.i film to have fun with my friends and show them what their trick looked like or let them film me and see what mine looked like.i like filming and just because you and this other character say i'm a bad filmer doesn't mean i will ever quit filming or feel bad about myself at all.theres no reason to hate on my footage other then to start an argument or make me feel bad but, that is not going to happen.so fuck off.
jammage.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 01:49:42 PM »
resorting to cuss  words just show your intelligence, all i said was it was shaky you could just say alright and live with the fact that your footage is shaky, im glad you think your reasons for filming are just but I i gave you my opinions about filming but they are just opinions if you really were just filming for fun you wouldn't care what i said or how i think but you do which lets me know that your a little product of the industry decked out in adio shirts and krew jeans whose only inhibition is to get free product

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
resorting to cuss  words just show your intelligence, all i said was it was shaky you could just say alright and live with the fact that your footage is shaky, im glad you think your reasons for filming are just but I i gave you my opinions about filming but they are just opinions if you really were just filming for fun you wouldn't care what i said or how i think but you do which lets me know that your a little product of the industry decked out in adio shirts and krew jeans whose only inhibition is to get free product
that isn't me in the adio shirt.
jammage.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »
doesn't matter im sure you have an adio shirt tucked away for when you get dressed up to shred homemade wall rides

halfagram

• Rep: 4
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Vaeth you on fourduos forum too?
[close]
yes.

you singlehandedly ruined fourduos and now you are here to piss everyone off on the slap boards... awesome

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 07:32:22 PM »
explain to me how one person can wreck and entire forum, please.

reid-

in addition to needing to steady your hand, you need to learn how to frame a shot.
you've got a decent eye, you just need to get better at the technical parts of filming.
dvx100?

halfagram

• Rep: 4
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »

reid-

in addition to needing to steady your hand, you need to learn how to frame a shot.
you've got a decent eye, you just need to get better at the technical parts of filming.
dvx100?

Go to fourduos.com and go through the history of comments he has posted. there is more than enough evidence to prove my statement... starts shit with people for no reason. 90% of his posts take the topic in a completely different direction just so he can call somone a "fucking faggot"

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 08:57:47 PM »

reid-

dvx100?
vx1000.what do you mean?i'm not taking your words personally i know you're just trying to help unlike this fucking faggot matt/tx.so what do you mean?what do i need to do in order to get better?
jammage.

matt/tx

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »
again calling me a fucking faggot only shows your intelligence level which im pretty sure is really low. and if you look a few posts back i was trying to help you by telling you it was shaky but don't believe me if you don't want to
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 09:06:57 PM by matt/tx »

Tony Sandwiches

• Rep: 3
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »
you guys hate way too much. I personally thought it was sick. the skating was good and yea the filming wasnt perfect but im sure he knows that to start with. that bank spot with the missing circle looks sick

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 09:05:35 PM »
you set your colors pretty good on most of the shots so i give you credit for that. ide say just steady up your hands a little bit. put steady shot on while filming long lense but not fisheye. were you zooming in with your fisheye? because in some shots when you completely zoomed out i saw some vig? but yeah, just keep it up filming is hard, youll learn the tricks.

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »
you set your colors pretty good on most of the shots so i give you credit for that. ide say just steady up your hands a little bit. put steady shot on while filming long lense but not fisheye. were you zooming in with your fisheye? because in some shots when you completely zoomed out i saw some vig? but yeah, just keep it up filming is hard, youll learn the tricks.
thanks.i put the custom presets on and set the white balance and color level as wll as i can.i don't have a fisheye yet,i'm getting one soon but thanks for your advice i will try putting steady shot on i never exactly knew that much about it or where it even was on a camera.again i am new to filming so ofcourse i'm not the greatest but i'm trying to learn more and more each day.
jammage.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 09:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
thanks.i put the custom presets on and set the white balance and color level as wll as i can.i don't have a fisheye yet,i'm getting one soon but thanks for your advice i will try putting steady shot on i never exactly knew that much about it or where it even was on a camera.again i am new to filming so ofcourse i'm not the greatest but i'm trying to learn more and more each day.
steady shot on the vx1000 is on the back of the camera inside that battery slot, just simply switch it on and off.

ReidVaeth

• i'm here.
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 09:34:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
steady shot on the vx1000 is on the back of the camera inside that battery slot, just simply switch it on and off.
yeah that's the same place where the cp are.thank you alot though dude.
jammage.

MikeyPioggia

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
yeah that's the same place where the cp are.thank you alot though dude.
yeah yeah no problem.