Author Topic: George Jung  (Read 1092 times)

A-Bo

George Jung
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:40:32 PM »
Hey, I am interviewing George Jung* for my school paper, I want to think of some good questions for him that will shed some light on things people may not know about him and not just things you can find out on wikipedia or cliché questions like "Would you do it again?". So, If you could ask one of the most infamous cocaine dealers of all time anything, what would you ask him?

* The guy that the movie "Blow" was based on. (He was played by Johnny Depp)

Background Information
 www.georgejung.com
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Jung
   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0221027/

picklesickshuv-it

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: George Jung
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 06:19:42 PM »
how do you feel the movie depicted your story?

WonkaBar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 08:51:27 PM »
are you interviewing him in person?

A-Bo

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 08:52:33 PM »
yea

WonkaBar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 08:56:19 PM »
that's pretty cool.

maybe ask him if he regretted the way he lived. if he would've changed anything or done anything differently, and if it was worth it in the end.

"do you realize the magnitude of what you did?"

"what would you have done with your business smarts had you not went into the life you chose?"

"what do you plan on doing with the rest of your life when you get out?"
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:15:34 PM by WonkaBar »

marty.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 09:07:07 PM »
Do you mean it's for a paper you're writing for school, or for your school newspaper?
Either way, you're definitely doing cooler things with your education than I did with mine.

But yeah, I'd definitely ask him his feelings about the movie and all, but probably try not to over do it.
Although, all the questions kinda have to do with things in the movie, cause it was basically a biography?
I dunno, thinkings about that makes me feel like I'm looking at an Escher.
8)

A-Bo

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 09:19:33 PM »
Its for the news paper. I already know he regrets it because he sent me some poems he wrote and some other writings of his that he thought would help me get to know him before the interview and they all basically say the same thing, that what he did wasn't courageous and the braver thing to do would have been to walk away from it all and it all turned his life into a trainwreck. I was thinking of asking him some thing along the lines of "Would you still be saying this if you hadn't been caught?" and maybe asking him some questions about Pablo [Escobar] and things that werent covered thoroughly in the movie. He told me he is writing a novel so I will obviously have to spend some time on that. Thanks for your suggestion, I still need more ideas so keep em coming!