Author Topic: Fully Fucked  (Read 1726 times)

Sony MDR V2 headphones

Fully Fucked
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:14:22 AM »
I got Fully Flared 1 week ago today and it already is having some shittiness. At the end of the Carroll part of all places (around 00:46). Does anybody have any kind of help on how to fix it?

From what I see it only has 1 scratch and it looks pretty minimal, but it's having a really shitty effect on the disc. The shittiness starts around Carroll's bs smith 360 out; all these shitty colors pop up in like static stripes and shit. (Similar to what you see in skate vids when the board hits the camera.)

I've tried it on 3 different dvd players. Anyone else experienced any Fully Flared shittiness fresh out of the box?

skaterdavid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Fully Fucked
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:27:32 AM »
i have not had any problems, but thats probably because im taking such good care of the dvd so it doesn't become fucked up like my others

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »
I remember right after it came out, crailtap had a picture of Mo and Alex (I think) playing frisbee with the dvd cases.

Maybe you got a copy they used

blazini

• Rep: -91
  • kook me, boi.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:21:57 PM »
that happens on my nike dvd... during the credits it freezes for a second.. but there is no scratches on the dvd... kinda weird.
goon skwad

Knockout Ned

• Rep: 27
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:15:01 AM »
I got Fully Flared 1 week ago today and it already is having some shittiness. At the end of the Carroll part of all places (around 00:46). Does anybody have any kind of help on how to fix it?

From what I see it only has 1 scratch and it looks pretty minimal, but it's having a really shitty effect on the disc. The shittiness starts around Carroll's bs smith 360 out; all these shitty colors pop up in like static stripes and shit. (Similar to what you see in skate vids when the board hits the camera.)

I've tried it on 3 different dvd players. Anyone else experienced any Fully Flared shittiness fresh out of the box?
it could be the scratch but its probably more likely you just got a bad disc... unless the shop you bought it from is fucking wack, you should be able to tell them its fucked up and get a new one.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 05:41:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
it could be the scratch but its probably more likely you just got a bad disc... unless the shop you bought it from is fucking wack, you should be able to tell them its fucked up and get a new one.

your avatar rocks....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

blazini

• kook me, boi.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:19:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yea, have your receipt tho. this happened with my really sorry dvd and the fucker didnt want to take it back cuz i didnt have the receipt.
goon skwad

deep

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:20:10 AM »
i dont even watch my copy anymore. ive watched it maybe 5 times. whoever wants it ill sell it for 15

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 09:51:11 AM »
that happens on my nike dvd... during the credits it freezes for a second.. but there is no scratches on the dvd... kinda weird.
no one cares.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »
As far as damage to the movie, there's one part in Guys line at the banks near a loading dock where a line goes across the screen. Other than that, nothing. You might be able to fix the DVD though, I heard there's different things you can do.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »
I fixed it kind of.

first tried turtle wax and that helped. Then I tried toothpaste over the shitty area and now it works fine, but I've only tried it on one dvd player.

angrypork

• Rep: 2
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 04:13:29 PM »
The toothpaste trick never fails.

blazini

• kook me, boi.
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no one cares.

oh no you didnt
goon skwad

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »
The toothpaste trick never fails.

how's the toothpaste trick applied?
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 08:23:48 PM »
Oh hells yes! I can't believe that worked!

Thanks, ATM
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »
 It's funny because the disc looks even more scratched up.

longduckdong

• Rep: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 09:16:34 PM »
mine has a scratch but its not fully fucked yet.

Guinness

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 12:47:17 AM »
download it or steal another

hatehatehatehate

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 12:15:07 AM »
man toothpaste works for zits to if you get one, put some toothpaste on there then the next day the shit will be completly dried out. saw some people do that.

cahl

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 04:34:47 PM »
yeah my copy is weird. guy mariano looks like a skeleton in the intro! anybody else get this?!

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 02:38:52 PM »
It happens on my static 3 at the start of Danny Renauds second song, it freezes but you can still hear it, if you fast forward for a second it's ok then, i've always wondered why these things happen to them when there doesn't appear to be any scratches on the disc.