Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 3921005 times)

Mcidraque

• Rep: 38
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31980 on: November 21, 2020, 01:06:45 AM »

super tempted on these but never had nb numerics before so i have no clue about their sizing. What if i told you i'm a 9'5 in vans pros, and a 9 (most of the times) in adidas/sb? cheers!

sasha basta

• Rep: -6
« Reply #31981 on: November 21, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

super tempted on these but never had nb numerics before so i have no clue about their sizing. What if i told you i'm a 9'5 in vans pros, and a 9 (most of the times) in adidas/sb? cheers!

I would say go your normal size for these. Im a size 10 and I wear my usual size for the Tiago pro model NB# and have a couple of other normal NB running/chiller shoes in a 10 and they all fit great!

Count Jackula

• Rep: 21
« Reply #31982 on: November 21, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Iíd be a little confused because I thought Nikes ran small? I wear 10 in Vans, 10 in Adidas and 10 in most other shoes (9.5 in Cons). Iíd say if you have a regular fit go true to size, if your foot is narrow maybe go with the 9. But tbh I never heard of Adidas running bigger than Vans, or Nike for that matter.

P.s. these are my favorite shoes I can remember skating. I usually try something new each time but I think Iíll be sticking with these for a while.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 04:02:09 PM by Acky Jacky »

DarkPools

• Rep: 13
« Reply #31983 on: November 22, 2020, 11:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Iíd be a little confused because I thought Nikes ran small? I wear 10 in Vans, 10 in Adidas and 10 in most other shoes (9.5 in Cons). Iíd say if you have a regular fit go true to size, if your foot is narrow maybe go with the 9. But tbh I never heard of Adidas running bigger than Vans, or Nike for that matter.

P.s. these are my favorite shoes I can remember skating. I usually try something new each time but I think Iíll be sticking with these for a while.
Not to throw a wrench into this but I will anyway.
I had to 0.5 up in my 440s [Slap eBay colorway I got during the summer ;)] like I do with most NB# shoes. BUT, I'm TTS in almost all Nike, Vans, and Adidas, so maybe my foot is slightly wider compared to NB# lasts and that's why I 0.5 size up on almost everything (288, 533 v1 and v2, 868, 379, 255, 440)?
Also, I find it interesting that some people find Nikes run small when they've been nearly all TTS for me (cup and vulc)

Back on topic, I would say go 9.5, as well. If they feel slightly loose, you can always swap with a nicer insole (if you have them on hand) to see if that makes the fit more ideal. If not, hopefully returns are possible and you can try the 9 if 9.5 doesn't work out.
Colt 45 Cannon

Count Jackula

• Rep: 21
« Reply #31984 on: November 22, 2020, 01:54:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Not to throw a wrench into this but I will anyway.
I had to 0.5 up in my 440s [Slap eBay colorway I got during the summer ;)] like I do with most NB# shoes.

Also, I find it interesting that some people find Nikes run small when they've been nearly all TTS for me (cup and vulc)

Well not to throw another wrench in this, but I bought a pair of the Slap lowtop 440s in a size 10 (same as the 440 high). And I feel like those run slightly smaller than the 440 high. I have a wider foot too, and I felt like I couldnít even skate in the low top 440ís but I gave them about 6 sessions and they started to feel really good. That played into my decision to buy the size 10 in the high tops. The high tops have a more supple leather that breaks in instantly IMO.
I havenít had a Nike Skate shoe since my freshman year of high school (Iím 31) so Iím not qualified to speak on their sizing. Most of their non-skate shoes run a little narrow and I usually go a half size up.

TLDR; dude, wherever you buy your 440s try them on first or check about the return policy.  If you donít buy them, me and this other guy just confused the shit out of everyone for no reason.

jerrygurneyscream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #31985 on: November 23, 2020, 12:38:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Converse Rival Mid
I got these from an outlet for basically nothing to see how they skate, first impression is very slippery but the look-down factor is sick.

[close]

These are really dope, great colorway as well.

Been seeing Kaue Cossa skating these a lot lately. Very interested to try a pair
It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.

Lukabrazi

• Rep: 42
« Reply #31986 on: November 23, 2020, 10:12:08 PM »

DC lynx Zero

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #31987 on: November 24, 2020, 02:57:33 AM »
^

nice, looks way better on feet than on pics.

chris.

• Rep: 29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31988 on: November 24, 2020, 05:08:40 AM »
Those do look nice. I had been tempted to use a 30% off code on the Lynx Zero but I wasn't crazy about the first colorways. There is a nice black/gum one now though. Hmmmm.

Glurmpz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #31989 on: November 24, 2020, 12:10:08 PM »
^

I had the opposite experience. They look nice in photos to me but we have them at the shop and they're like boots they're so bulky. You know how sometimes you can tell a shoe is a no-go literally the second your foot makes it all the way in? That was these. Couldn't take them off quick enough, which was a bummer because I used to love the lynx back in the day and was hoping these would actually be slimmer somehow, but no such luck. Make my feet look like a size 13.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
« Reply #31990 on: November 24, 2020, 12:24:36 PM »
Expand Quote
^

[close]

I had the opposite experience. They look nice in photos to me but we have them at the shop and they're like boots they're so bulky. You know how sometimes you can tell a shoe is a no-go literally the second your foot makes it all the way in? That was these. Couldn't take them off quick enough, which was a bummer because I used to love the lynx back in the day and was hoping these would actually be slimmer somehow, but no such luck. Make my feet look like a size 13.

maybe i'm missing a frame of reference for comparison, but i'd thought they'd look fatter than this, or would have an even more squareish shape from the online pics i've seen. and then with feet it's also different again, although i guess not as much with a shoe with as much structural integrity as this.

not gonna lie, they would be too fat for me as well, but the wearer in the pic rocks em real nice imo.