Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525330 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #31980 on: January 04, 2021, 05:31:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

So good. Wish they were still around.
They were great except the premium ones which sucked. Btw didn't Nike re released them years ago under some funny name? Phantom or sth like that
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

hobojoe

• Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31981 on: January 04, 2021, 05:58:52 PM »
Just saw a pair of the Black and pink Project BA on Depop, size 9.5. Figured that might interest some of you.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #31982 on: January 04, 2021, 10:47:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
They were great except the premium ones which sucked. Btw didn't Nike re released them years ago under some funny name? Phantom or sth like that

What do these skate like? Never seen them except on slap but I’m curious what they’re all about. I know they’re long gone but still interested in understanding

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #31983 on: January 04, 2021, 11:02:00 PM »
Breaking these in

Cuff looks nice.What jeans/pants are you running?

the_oldtype

• Rep: 2
« Reply #31984 on: January 04, 2021, 11:15:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The red ones are next up after my dunks have dissolved. Trying to be less of a hoarder and actually skate of my shoes. Will post some thoughts.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31985 on: January 04, 2021, 11:27:08 PM »
What do these skate like? Never seen them except on slap but I’m curious what they’re all about. I know they’re long gone but still interested in understanding

thinly padded upper, but chunky runner type sole. also very good fit, minimal stitching inside afair, felt like a glove. brian andersons sort of pro shoe. they made a vulc knockoff that sold better and looked bad. these were a bit too early for the techshoe resurgence, like the first emerica westgate pros.

i dislike nike but still wish i would've gotten a pair just to chill in.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #31986 on: January 05, 2021, 04:54:16 PM »
That BA colorway is awesome, the gum outsole is perfect. I only remember the blue/grey ones coming out.

I just got these in the mail and can't take em of

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #31987 on: January 05, 2021, 05:05:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yes sir the re released version was called the sb ghost, i had a pair and they were literally the exact same shoe, just different colorways

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #31988 on: January 06, 2021, 03:51:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Yes sir the re released version was called the sb ghost, i had a pair and they were literally the exact same shoe, just different colorways
they were very slightly different, but yeah, it was still pretty much a reissue. the sole is a little different and the swoosh placement and size and they have different heel panels. i also think bas had lunarlon in the midsole(?) whereas the ghost was just a regular cupsole, but i might be wrong on that.

i'm sorry if this came off as nitpicky.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #31989 on: January 06, 2021, 08:55:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
they were very slightly different, but yeah, it was still pretty much a reissue. the sole is a little different and the swoosh placement and size and they have different heel panels. i also think bas had lunarlon in the midsole(?) whereas the ghost was just a regular cupsole, but i might be wrong on that.

i'm sorry if this came off as nitpicky.
Not at all dude, i stand corrected.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #31990 on: January 06, 2021, 07:48:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

The red ones are next up after my dunks have dissolved. Trying to be less of a hoarder and actually skate of my shoes. Will post some thoughts.
I am also actively trying to do this.
It feels good.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #31991 on: January 06, 2021, 08:07:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

christmas combo
[close]

that color way looks clean. lovely. how is the fit / feel?
[close]

The sole is like rigid plastic at first, but after a few days they softened up and now flex like a glove. Upper is possibly overventilated but thick around the toe and heel. The mesh is thick and black enough to hide bright socks.
[close]

Was contemplating buying this exact cw instead of a second pair of Crockett highs and now that I'm seeing these not in a promo shot I'm having second thoughts about my purchase haha. I really like the leather? wrap on the toe and heel. But  they seem more made for summer than winter with that mesh.
they looks synth to me, any idea of the materials used?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #31992 on: January 06, 2021, 10:36:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

christmas combo
[close]

that color way looks clean. lovely. how is the fit / feel?
[close]

The sole is like rigid plastic at first, but after a few days they softened up and now flex like a glove. Upper is possibly overventilated but thick around the toe and heel. The mesh is thick and black enough to hide bright socks.
[close]

Was contemplating buying this exact cw instead of a second pair of Crockett highs and now that I'm seeing these not in a promo shot I'm having second thoughts about my purchase haha. I really like the leather? wrap on the toe and heel. But  they seem more made for summer than winter with that mesh.
[close]
they looks synth to me, any idea of the materials used?

Feels real to me

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #31993 on: January 07, 2021, 10:53:33 AM »

Pissed off with these. Has anyone else had this experience?

Lakai cambridge are so grippy... In the extreme. So much so it completely fucks up board control and flips.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #31994 on: January 07, 2021, 11:45:59 AM »

Lakai cambridge are so grippy... In the extreme. So much so it completely fucks up board control and flips.

I feel you mate, I have the all black Tae cambridge and they were also way to grippy for me. They are regulated to working shoes until the sole wears a bit off. You could also sand your grip a bit down, but that isn't the best solution in the long run.
IG: @flowterspace

Acky Jacky

« Reply #31995 on: January 07, 2021, 02:18:08 PM »
That BA colorway is awesome, the gum outsole is perfect. I only remember the blue/grey ones coming out.

Ayy glad you like them! I'm about to upgrade my home studio, do you know who makes that bookshelf? Looks handy.

Edit: I must be losing my mind because i thought you had your feet kicked up on a desk and that was a miniature bookshelf and that was a computer and not a TV.  :-[

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31996 on: January 07, 2021, 03:26:32 PM »

I'm choking with my jealousy
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #31997 on: January 07, 2021, 05:52:29 PM »
Quote from: Count Jackula

Ayy glad you like them! I'm about to upgrade my home studio, do you know who makes that bookshelf? Looks handy.

Edit: I must be losing my mind because i thought you had your feet kicked up on a desk and that was a miniature bookshelf and that was a computer and not a TV.  :-[

Haha a little desk shelf would be tight! This bookshelf is handy though. It came from Target, so quality is kinda shit but it holds stuff.

Quote from: moonordie
I'm choking with my jealousy

What size you wear? I ended up getting the last 9 from my local, but Funeraltuxedo helped me out with this link where you can find a bunch of sizes available: https://www.paradeworld.com/product/new-balance-numeric-440-high-shoes-black-orange-44-37041104257189/?gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v11xPCGZSR2pj9RnZGdzH3Q-WQkrh2qPJtjZyOaAbpHxRyhf-UJelABoCt9AQAvD_BwE

Had to then learn more about what Parade World is and found this Jenkem article. Seems like a cool operation!

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2019/08/26/parade-world-rethinking-way-buy-skate-goods-online/

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #31998 on: January 07, 2021, 08:13:03 PM »
I ordered a bunch of shit of of Parade yesterday, includng a pair of blue/black Spanky g6s on sale for 60$. I havent had a pair of Emericas in like 10 years, the last pair I had were the Reynolds Cruisers I think. Excited to try out some g6s

The only thing is if you dont spend 200$, the shipping can add up, each shop you order from charges another 8$ or something.

So spend 200$ if you can for the free shipping

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
« Reply #31999 on: January 07, 2021, 11:47:35 PM »

Sick! I really want to get a pair of these but the 2 pairs of NBs I've bought before hurt my feet. Can't skate them more for 30mins at a time.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #32000 on: January 08, 2021, 04:34:08 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel you mate, I have the all black Tae cambridge and they were also way to grippy for me. They are regulated to working shoes until the sole wears a bit off. You could also sand your grip a bit down, but that isn't the best solution in the long run.

Ok so I'm not going mental or being too precious.

How annoying is that though? You should be able to skate them.out of the box
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32001 on: January 08, 2021, 04:44:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sick! I really want to get a pair of these but the 2 pairs of NBs I've bought before hurt my feet. Can't skate them more for 30mins at a time.

My feet hurt when I tried skating these with the insoles they came with, but I threw in a set of lunarlon insoles from an old pair of SB's and no more pain.

Plus now I get to save the cool insoles with the cobblestone and fallen leaves :)

Acky Jacky

« Reply #32002 on: January 08, 2021, 06:27:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

My feet hurt when I tried skating these with the insoles they came with, but I threw in a set of lunarlon insoles from an old pair of SB's and no more pain.

Plus now I get to save the cool insoles with the cobblestone and fallen leaves :)

I had the same issues with NB before. I had one pair I bought in a size 11 (I wear 10) and they were still too snug. I got the Slap 440s which are decent but still oddly snug and clunky. The 440 high is somehow way different regarding fit. I’m cool with the flimsy insole because of the cupsole and being used to skating Reebok’s. Also the Tiago’s are great, I just can’t always pull em off.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #32003 on: January 08, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »
Got some black mono all stars to replace my beat to hell purcells.

Photo doesn't show it very well, but I coffee dyed the laces to give them a putty color instead of the gas station white.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32004 on: January 08, 2021, 06:25:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I had the same issues with NB before. I had one pair I bought in a size 11 (I wear 10) and they were still too snug. I got the Slap 440s which are decent but still oddly snug and clunky. The 440 high is somehow way different regarding fit. I’m cool with the flimsy insole because of the cupsole and being used to skating Reebok’s. Also the Tiago’s are great, I just can’t always pull em off.

I've read I need a flatter insole because I have high arches, but I'm addicted to lunarlon lol... These 440 Hi's do fit really nicely though, I like how flexible the mesh on the upper is. Materials are so nice too, even the laces! And speaking of Tiagos, I'd love to try some 1010's when I see a colorway that speaks to me.

What Reebok's do you usually skate? Before I sprung for these I had been hunting for some Club C's to try out.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #32005 on: January 08, 2021, 07:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've read I need a flatter insole because I have high arches, but I'm addicted to lunarlon lol... These 440 Hi's do fit really nicely though, I like how flexible the mesh on the upper is. Materials are so nice too, even the laces! And speaking of Tiagos, I'd love to try some 1010's when I see a colorway that speaks to me.

What Reebok's do you usually skate? Before I sprung for these I had been hunting for some Club C's to try out.

I’ve only skated the Revenge and Club C (3 or 4 pairs). They don’t last very long but if you’re not concerned about that I feel like they’re good. Usually I’m mainly concerned with comfort when it comes to a skate shoe. At a point I realized cupsoles worked better for me, I was conflating “boardfeel” with needing a shitty overly thin sole. I’ll still skate a vulcanized shoe but see no obvious advantage.

Idk about arches, I have a high arch too, and I’ve been led to believe that you want to have enough support so you don’t supinate or begin collapsing your arch. But support can come from other parts of the shoe not solely the sole (pun sort of not intended).

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32006 on: January 08, 2021, 09:00:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’ve only skated the Revenge and Club C (3 or 4 pairs). They don’t last very long but if you’re not concerned about that I feel like they’re good. Usually I’m mainly concerned with comfort when it comes to a skate shoe. At a point I realized cupsoles worked better for me, I was conflating “boardfeel” with needing a shitty overly thin sole. I’ll still skate a vulcanized shoe but see no obvious advantage.

Idk about arches, I have a high arch too, and I’ve been led to believe that you want to have enough support so you don’t supinate or begin collapsing your arch. But support can come from other parts of the shoe not solely the sole (pun sort of not intended).

Not a huge concern given they can be found at nicer prices than other shoes I like to skate! Love how they look too. I just had to go with these NB's because I am really loving all or mostly black shoes these days, and Tom Knox of course...

I'm particular about colors and materials (to a fault), but it's all about comfort and healthy, happy feet at the end of the day.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32007 on: January 09, 2021, 12:22:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Not a huge concern given they can be found at nicer prices than other shoes I like to skate! Love how they look too. I just had to go with these NB's because I am really loving all or mostly black shoes these days, and Tom Knox of course...

I'm particular about colors and materials (to a fault), but it's all about comfort and healthy, happy feet at the end of the day.

@Urtripping any luck getting the Knox 440 mids in black? How do they feel/skate?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32008 on: January 09, 2021, 05:27:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

@Urtripping any luck getting the Knox 440 mids in black? How do they feel/skate?

Yes I got lucky, my local had one size 9 left! Thanks for putting me on to Parade though, I may try to get another pair there depending how long these last me.

So far I've skated them twice, noticed that they felt broken in right away but the insole was a tad thin for me (easy fix). The leather is holding up pretty well, although I am gonna be using some proactive gorilla glue/shoe goo on my ollie area soon because it's a thinner piece there.

Flick is beautiful, and they are supportive of my ankles without feeling stiff/restrictive. No major complaints so far! Skated after dark for a bit last night and felt real cool pushing around with the reflective N's  8)

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #32009 on: January 09, 2021, 05:58:03 AM »

Vans x Simpsons Slip-On Pro

Breaking them in a little bit just around the house today. Couldn't get a good shot of the Bart skull and crossbones on the side.