Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525500 times)

Manny Fapuiao

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 110
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32070 on: January 21, 2021, 05:17:23 PM »

god bless the nordstrom rack hookin it up pal in the sale thread, listening to dino jr
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #32071 on: January 22, 2021, 06:46:38 PM »

Just got these Gamma's and they feel pretty good out of the box. I like that the upper is fairly low profile. Looking forward to skating these!

I really REALLY hope they do more leather colorways of this shoe, the profile of this shoe just looks so much better in leather than suede. Also because this shoe looks good with leather and there aren't a lot of leather shoes coming from emerica at the moment

Damn those look goood. Can’t wait for the white suede. Or the g6 pour ins. O

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32072 on: January 22, 2021, 08:03:08 PM »
Expand Quote

Just got these Gamma's and they feel pretty good out of the box. I like that the upper is fairly low profile. Looking forward to skating these!

I really REALLY hope they do more leather colorways of this shoe, the profile of this shoe just looks so much better in leather than suede. Also because this shoe looks good with leather and there aren't a lot of leather shoes coming from emerica at the moment
[close]

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of the tongue. Oh, my God. It even has a toecap.

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32073 on: January 23, 2021, 12:08:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of the tongue. Oh, my God. It even has a toecap.

Your nightly shoe lust is overflowing into your days.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32074 on: January 23, 2021, 09:44:20 AM »

After skating pretty much Vans exclusively for like 1 year I'm stoked about these ones.
Comfy since the first moment I tried them and i thought: "Why the fuck I skate Vans?"
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 840
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32075 on: January 23, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »

After skating pretty much Vans exclusively for like 1 year I'm stoked about these ones.
Comfy since the first moment I tried them and i thought: "Why the fuck I skate Vans?"
its okay to be a masochist
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #32076 on: January 23, 2021, 11:54:31 AM »
Second time I'm posting these but darn it, can't help myself. The quality of the materials is somethin to behold. Gets a 9/10 from me!

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #32077 on: January 23, 2021, 12:39:23 PM »

Expand Quote

[close]
its okay to be a masochist
Pain is weakness leaving the body
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #32078 on: January 23, 2021, 02:18:44 PM »
Every white shoe I've had I've spilled coffee on, hopefully not the case with these
Vans Crockett Pro II Hi

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #32079 on: January 23, 2021, 03:21:46 PM »
lookin orthopedic

I Googled "orthopedic shoes" and this was one of the top pics. Definitely puts thoese gammas in perspective. My Grandpa would love this shoe!
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #32080 on: January 23, 2021, 04:49:40 PM »
Expand Quote
lookin orthopedic
[close]

I Googled "orthopedic shoes" and this was one of the top pics. Definitely puts thoese gammas in perspective. My Grandpa would love this shoe!

What about your Gramma? They look like tennis sneakers to me.

I was flossin’ in Elementary School in these joints. I support sus.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #32081 on: January 23, 2021, 05:13:54 PM »
Nike Sb shane just arrived

minimal as you can get
wider than janoskis (which I couldn't even wear due to width)
Material feels good, nice and light
Insoles non-existent, will try to swap something

I can see how much more comfortable my Kyle Walkers are now, but I didn't realize how heavy they were until I put these on.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32082 on: January 23, 2021, 05:18:07 PM »
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32083 on: January 23, 2021, 05:30:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
lookin orthopedic
[close]

[close]

What about your Gramma? They look like tennis sneakers to me.

I was flossin’ in Elementary School in these joints. I support sus.

I had a pair of white leather adidas Seeley's and someone called them "nurse shoes" one time. That was the last time I ever wore em, but they sit in my closet to this day because I still think they look good... Just can't bear another call out.

Shout out Sus for being brave and rocking the white leather jawns!

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32084 on: January 23, 2021, 05:35:32 PM »
Those Seelys skated well, felt like a better Chima 1

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #32085 on: January 23, 2021, 07:22:20 PM »
All jokes aside, personally I'd buy a pair of them but the comparison can't be ignored haha. I do wish the sole was a true white and not the antique white. This is coming from a guy currently rocking a pair of emerica x creature shoes just today,so what the hell do I know about taste?  8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 10:04:05 PM by CrimsonGhost »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32086 on: January 23, 2021, 09:45:21 PM »

@sus how are those gammas holding up? Is the sole grippy? They look incredible.

eSK3

« Reply #32087 on: January 25, 2021, 02:22:36 AM »
Second time I'm posting these but darn it, can't help myself. The quality of the materials is somethin to behold. Gets a 9/10 from me!

Can’t wait for the next Colorway to drop. New Balance makes the best shoes period.

skatesum609

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #32088 on: January 26, 2021, 05:34:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can’t wait for the next Colorway to drop. New Balance makes the best shoes period.
Second this! They look so good in person. I grabbed 3 pairs

Glurmpz

« Reply #32089 on: January 26, 2021, 10:43:49 AM »
When people rave about NB# I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because they are hands down the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever tried on, and I work in a shop that carries a lot of NB# - tried on every model.

Do you have to break them in for them to soften up and not feel like ass? Or do they feel good right away to you guys? I'm flat footed and I think that's got to have something to do with it.

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #32090 on: January 26, 2021, 12:43:35 PM »
Could be.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32091 on: January 26, 2021, 12:55:53 PM »
I have flat feet and 440s are the only shoe I can skate without and insole swap or anything like that. I have 3 other pairs of shoes in rotation (Cons JP pros with footprints, Emerica low vulc, Adidas Busenitz) and every time I skate any of them I just go running back to the 440s. Pretty much the only cup I've skated as an adult that I absolutely love.

That being said, obviously there are always multiple factors at play with arch and foot shape and whatnot.

Glurmpz

« Reply #32092 on: January 26, 2021, 01:12:07 PM »
I have flat feet and 440s are the only shoe I can skate without and insole swap or anything like that. I have 3 other pairs of shoes in rotation (Cons JP pros with footprints, Emerica low vulc, Adidas Busenitz) and every time I skate any of them I just go running back to the 440s. Pretty much the only cup I've skated as an adult that I absolutely love.

That being said, obviously there are always multiple factors at play with arch and foot shape and whatnot.

The 440's are one of the first one's I tried, and we still have new colors in stock, but they feel just as bad. Like they're too narrow in the midfoot. That's a big thing for me - my foot is the same width almost the entire length, and it's flat, so shoes that get really narrow in the midfoot never work for me. I skated Spencer's Elevate shoe recently and loved it because the sole is wider is that area. Pretty much no Adidas or Nike shoe fits me for this same reason.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32093 on: January 26, 2021, 05:22:45 PM »
Re: Glurmpz's question about NB# fit

I have high arches and a very narrow foot, I swap the insoles but these fit me like a glove and provide support.

I got
http://youtu.be/kDg0dklwW5g
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 05:33:11 PM by Urtripping »

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #32094 on: January 26, 2021, 08:46:05 PM »
Wore the Joslin 2s today. Removed the strap and they look solid without it!
Chilling in em until I finish of my other Joslin 1 and Maranas in my rotation.
Please excuse the uneven sock height, I got another shinner on my right leg recently, so I'm letting that mf'er heal!
Super Champion Fun Zone

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #32095 on: January 26, 2021, 10:23:05 PM »
Please excuse the uneven sock height, I got another shinner on my right leg recently, so I'm letting that mf'er heal!

First time I’ve seen them without the strap. Look solid. They good puffier than I realized too. In a good way

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #32096 on: January 26, 2021, 10:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote

First time I’ve seen them without the strap. Look solid. They good puffier than I realized too. In a good way
[close]

Yeah, they're noticeably puffy, but in a comfortable way. Not Lynx or Accel OG puffy but still cushioned. I'm a fan of em. I'd recommend them to people for sure.
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #32097 on: January 28, 2021, 09:23:47 AM »
I would love to try some Joslin 2s, too bad they're crazy expensive here.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #32098 on: January 28, 2021, 11:30:08 PM »
The more I see those Joslins 2, the more I feel they would be a good alternative to Dunks in terms of functionnality.
Has anyone skated both and could compare them?

Fhk

« Reply #32099 on: January 29, 2021, 03:34:41 AM »

These have been on ice for a long time. I admit I know nothing about Supreme, but I needed blue half cabs in my life.