Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525172 times)

Scarecrow Radio, Turtle Boy and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32100 on: January 29, 2021, 04:25:12 PM »
The more I see those Joslins 2, the more I feel they would be a good alternative to Dunks in terms of functionnality.
Has anyone skated both and could compare them?

I haven't skated dunks too much, but I have a few pairs (most from before the recent hype) and they felt good but quite the hard sole at first. The Joslin 2 (a green color) that I have skated a little bit feels like a slightly bulkier/more cushioned dunk imitator. The sole is thicker but feels softer (more comfortable and cushioned) than the dunk. In a way, better board feel without as much discomfort from a harder sole. The toe area is not as close to the ground feeling as a dunk is.
Toe box height is a little different so the flick won't be the same but I think it's somewhat similar and easy to get used to.

That's all I have for my comparison. I'm looking to skate my Joslin 2s again soon after I finish of my Joslin 1s and Maranas .
Super Champion Fun Zone

Space Monkey

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32101 on: January 29, 2021, 05:16:39 PM »
Expand Quote
The more I see those Joslins 2, the more I feel they would be a good alternative to Dunks in terms of functionnality.
[close]

I haven't skated dunks too much, but I have a few pairs (most from before the recent hype) and they felt good but quite the hard sole at first. The Joslin 2 (a green color) that I have skated a little bit feels like a slightly bulkier/more cushioned dunk imitator. The sole is thicker but feels softer (more comfortable and cushioned) than the dunk. In a way, better board feel without as much discomfort from a harder sole. The toe area is not as close to the ground feeling as a dunk is.
Toe box height is a little different so the flick won't be the same but I think it's somewhat similar and easy to get used to.

That's all I have for my comparison. I'm looking to skate my Joslin 2s again soon after I finish of my Joslin 1s and Maranas .
Can't really add too much commentary, but I agree with these statements.
Got the Joslins for Christmas and haven't had the chance to wear them out, but in general the shape is dunky. I do think that dunks feel a little more 'fitted' and conformal to feet. The tongue on dunks is a lot softer.
I think the forefoot of dunks is almost too close to the ground, feels like my feet are directly on the floor, so I appreciate the thickness of the Joslins. The sole looks like it should get more flexible that the Joslin 1/Marana, maybe at that point of break-in they will feel more like dunks.

Plus, with all the dunk hysteria, Joslins are attainable.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #32102 on: January 29, 2021, 05:21:25 PM »

These have been on ice for a long time. I admit I know nothing about Supreme, but I needed blue half cabs in my life.

This would be a pretty sick colorway without the text.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #32103 on: January 29, 2021, 06:04:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Got the Joslins for Christmas and haven't had the chance to wear them out, but in general the shape is dunky. I do think that dunks feel a little more 'fitted' and conformal to feet. The tongue on dunks is a lot softer.
I think the forefoot of dunks is almost too close to the ground, feels like my feet are directly on the floor, so I appreciate the thickness of the Joslins. The sole looks like it should get more flexible that the Joslin 1/Marana, maybe at that point of break-in they will feel more like dunks.

This all makes me want to try the joslin out. Kinda dislike the colorways I've seen. Feel like the shoe could be a lot better with some more interesting colors. For those who have worn them are they tts?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32104 on: January 29, 2021, 08:30:59 PM »
Just like the Marana and Joslin 1 for me, I go 0.5 size up. They feel a bit small in my TTS size.  Whatever your size is for those two models (if you've had them or tried then on before) will work for these.

For reference, I'm an 11 in Van's Pros, SB Dunks, and most Adidas, but an 11.5 in these.

Also, the comment the other person made about Dunks being more of a "contoured" fit to your fit, where these are not as contoured but still fit your foot shape pretty well, imo.
Super Champion Fun Zone

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #32105 on: January 29, 2021, 11:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wow, this picture is really just proving how fuckin sick Dunks are.. especially that color.
Agree on Dunk's forefoots being too thin, after a few weeks the balls of my feet always hurt.

I'm skating Es Quattros now, and they have a very similar feel to dunks, maybe better, being that they feel very fitted to your foot and have a fairly puffy tongue and pointier toe. Insole is great, easily one of the best feel/cushion shoes I've ever had.
Definitely go half size up for Quattros though, I always wear the same size but not for these.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #32106 on: January 30, 2021, 01:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Wow, this picture is really just proving how fuckin sick Dunks are.. especially that color.
Agree on Dunk's forefoots being too thin, after a few weeks the balls of my feet always hurt.

I'm skating Es Quattros now, and they have a very similar feel to dunks, maybe better, being that they feel very fitted to your foot and have a fairly puffy tongue and pointier toe. Insole is great, easily one of the best feel/cushion shoes I've ever had.
Definitely go half size up for Quattros though, I always wear the same size but not for these.

Thank you all for these answers. Might have to try them if I find a good colorway for cheap

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #32107 on: February 01, 2021, 06:00:25 PM »
Copped these Alize dunks over the summer. Got really lucky on these!

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Tomek

• Rep: 29
« Reply #32108 on: February 02, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »

Some kamiks

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #32109 on: February 02, 2021, 01:52:27 PM »

Some kamiks

Shoutout to Swamp People on History Channel

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32110 on: February 02, 2021, 11:41:10 PM »
A couple of SB pick-ups

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32111 on: February 03, 2021, 12:23:02 AM »
nice kicks tate
genuinely convinced dunks force me to skate better so im shooting at the raffles.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #32112 on: February 03, 2021, 12:28:29 AM »
nice kicks tate
genuinely convinced dunks force me to skate better so im shooting at the raffles.

Loving the wheat dunks. Got my pair today. I also am convinced I skate better in dunks. Ever since my first pair

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32113 on: February 03, 2021, 12:35:23 AM »
Kevin Bækkel "Alcove CC" from Emerica!

Pretty nice! Same sole as the Figgy Dose but a much better heel cup/ankle padding. Looking forward to skating these once they're broken in. They feel comfortable for being a fairly minimal upper, too. I went 0.5 size up, btw

Usually, I'm not a fan of long toe vamps but these ain't bad!

Super Champion Fun Zone

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32114 on: February 03, 2021, 11:02:36 AM »

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #32115 on: February 03, 2021, 03:21:36 PM »
Joined the all white leather Nurse shoe crew with these new Emerica Gamma's. Of course they came while it's been rainy for awhile. Might have to save these jawns for the spring. They are stiff as fuck right now, so I might need to wear them around indoors for awhile to break them in anyways. But, they fit pretty well for my slightly wide foot and I look forward to skating them, they capture the slightly pillowy 1995 vibe well.

Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

animalflesh

« Reply #32116 on: February 03, 2021, 06:49:07 PM »
Really cool silhouette for Emerica

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32117 on: February 03, 2021, 06:58:37 PM »

those Last Resort AB socks look so cool

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32118 on: February 03, 2021, 07:25:04 PM »

those Last Resort AB socks look so cool
they’re comfortable and good quality. Nothing like fresh socks. Also fixed the brand mixture

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #32119 on: February 04, 2021, 04:10:50 AM »
Joined the all white leather Nurse shoe crew with these new Emerica Gamma's. Of course they came while it's been rainy for awhile. Might have to save these jawns for the spring. They are stiff as fuck right now, so I might need to wear them around indoors for awhile to break them in anyways. But, they fit pretty well for my slightly wide foot and I look forward to skating them, they capture the slightly pillowy 1995 vibe well.

Damn those look good.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32120 on: February 04, 2021, 07:44:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn those look good.

Fuck yeah. It sounds like they have the feel of the Reynolds g6 cups. I'm going to grab a pair of the suede white ones when they come out.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #32121 on: February 04, 2021, 08:06:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn those look good.
[close]

Fuck yeah. It sounds like they have the feel of the Reynolds g6 cups. I'm going to grab a pair of the suede white ones when they come out.

Same. Idk if I could pull off the leather but damn they look good.

hmmmokay

« Reply #32122 on: February 04, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »

Decon Dunk Hi

Wish they would do more decons, they nailed it with these.

coneklr

« Reply #32123 on: February 04, 2021, 04:27:45 PM »
NGL, jealous as fuck over those dunks!  And that last pair Tate posted too.  I've been wanting to try them again and can't get my hands on any

hmmmokay

« Reply #32124 on: February 05, 2021, 06:56:34 AM »
NGL, jealous as fuck over those dunks!  And that last pair Tate posted too.  I've been wanting to try them again and can't get my hands on any

I feel like these came out right before the dunk craze started up again. That said, I was still surprised the shop I was at had them in stock and in my size. Last pair of dunks I bought were the orange label mid's in white. After that it seemed everything started to become harder to find/in too many wild colorways for my taste.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32125 on: February 05, 2021, 07:36:35 AM »

Vinz

• Rep: -11
  • bam margera biggest fan
« Reply #32126 on: February 05, 2021, 07:47:00 AM »

Wheat shoes with loose jeans is a classic New York fit. I love it

MisterSpaceman

• Rep: -10
« Reply #32127 on: February 05, 2021, 10:26:12 AM »
Some Lakai Sheffield’s I got on clearance. I was a little skeptical of the bright blue at first (kinda 2010 vibes) but they skate reeeal nice. Feel broken in outta the box.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #32128 on: February 06, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »
Some Lakai Sheffield’s I got on clearance. I was a little skeptical of the bright blue at first (kinda 2010 vibes) but they skate reeeal nice. Feel broken in outta the box.

These look really nice. Are they with that XLK outsole? That shit holds up really well.
IG: @flowterspace

Deletniez

• Rep: 7
« Reply #32129 on: February 06, 2021, 03:35:29 PM »
Just got some Tyshawns