Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 3963870 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Rep: 135
  • old and in the way
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32220 on: January 14, 2021, 12:12:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Posted in the new Vans thread:

Got the new Skate Sk8 Hi yesterday. Itís early and I havenít skated in them yet, but they feel very solid. The canvas pieces have been replaced with something I canít quite figure out, but it feels extremely durableóalmost like a waxed jacket. The insole seems to be of the same Popcush compound, but feels sturdier from a structural standpoint. They sit a bit lower and flatter (the sides donít come up as much) and the bottom has its own little waffle print thing going. As for the fit, new Vans always feel a little big at first and then fit like a glove once they bend to my feet. These are in line with my past experiences with classic Sk8 Hisóever so slightly roomier in the toes. I will say that the heel feels much more secure.

Iíve tried to attach pictures, so hopefully they work. The new insole is on the left.

[close]

hey @babywantsbluevelvet is the new insole still very high arched with a thick back and then extremely thin forefoot or is that less so / the overall flatness you were describing?
[close]

Itís more balanced and feels beefier in the forefoot, if only slightly. The new insole has the black top and the old has the white top. The box is resting on the new insole and floating over the old one. Weíre talking a mm if that, but if this place has taught me anything...

thanks for the info and pics @babywantsbluevelvet

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 599
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32221 on: January 14, 2021, 09:09:19 AM »
Hope the skate classic half cabs come in the classic contrast stitching black/white and navy/white colors. Not having to rip out the classic insoles like im doing nowadays while having the removable popcush stock in those colors seems appealing to me.

I wish I didn't have to look at your sig in every thread tbh. That shit is annoying and usually so are your posts.

Thom

• Rep: 108
« Reply #32222 on: January 14, 2021, 06:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Breaking these in

[close]

Cuff looks nice.What jeans/pants are you running?

Sorry missed this

Just classic black sweatpants like fruit of the loom or something and I cuff them to keep them out of the way when I skate