Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4545029 times)

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32340 on: March 22, 2021, 02:16:57 AM »
Expand Quote

I measured the width of the OG laces and they are bang on 1cm. Found some online that are 132cm which according to some vans.uk chart I found is what they would put in an 8 hole. This is my first pair that wasn't OG because I didn't think the Pros heel collar was stiff enough which is for me the main reason to love the shoe. Didn't know they come standard with regular laces. That sucks a bit since they put the proper ones in the OGs so it's not like those laces are discontinued. I do like the Skate version a lot, lace grumbling aside. It legit feels like a modernized version of the OG to me.
[close]

Re Skate verson of the Half Cab = Nice!

Not to keep harping on, but I forgot to mention that in most of mine (as I just put on the new pair I got out the other day) but until the tongue flattens down or the suede stretches out a bit, when brand new the regular OG normal laces also feel very short, but after a couple of skates they end up having plenty of length in my Half Cabs.  I have a few cartons of them, from every time they go on sale, about 12 pairs in a carton, but don't go through them that quickly so often forget how the new ones feel again.

Damn, I'd love a picture of all those half cabs!

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #32341 on: March 22, 2021, 06:47:33 AM »
I wear DC Lynx OG's and Kalis ones when i can find them.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 799
« Reply #32342 on: March 23, 2021, 06:26:28 PM »

i look weird in all white shoes, but these feel so good.  2nd pair of Gilbert Highs.  I hope they don't stop making them anytime soon. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #32343 on: March 24, 2021, 03:40:21 PM »
Some recent Joslins

Then I finally got around to skating these Tyshawns. I bought them online in my normal size (9.5). But they were too tight. I thought I could just stretch them out by wearing them around. But that didn't work. So I bought a shoe stretcher. Put it to use and they fit better now. Skated them for 3 days. Still pinching my toes together. I'm giving up on them. I got 1 clip in them. And they were on sale for less than $50. Hopefully I can find someone who they fit and would like them.

Back to another pair of Joslins. I love this shoe!

Wizard0f0dds

• Rep: 72
« Reply #32344 on: March 25, 2021, 05:55:35 AM »
Some recent Joslins

Then I finally got around to skating these Tyshawns. I bought them online in my normal size (9.5). But they were too tight. I thought I could just stretch them out by wearing them around. But that didn't work. So I bought a shoe stretcher. Put it to use and they fit better now. Skated them for 3 days. Still pinching my toes together. I'm giving up on them. I got 1 clip in them. And they were on sale for less than $50. Hopefully I can find someone who they fit and would like them.

Back to another pair of Joslins. I love this shoe!

Yeah, I've had 3 pairs of Tyshawns, the green ones that first came out, these black ones and the white leather (with red stripes) and these black ones were the only ones that didn't fit. I tried stretching them too and that didn't work so I gave them to a kid I know at the skatepark. The other two pairs fit perfectly though.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32345 on: March 25, 2021, 06:43:59 AM »

Really liking these ones even tho the style is not quite "my thing"
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Masshole

• Rep: 23
« Reply #32346 on: March 25, 2021, 08:03:05 AM »

Out with the old, in with the new. Insane that i tore through the gustav tonessen sambas in under a month but regular ones lasted me over 3.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #32347 on: March 25, 2021, 10:19:20 AM »

Out with the old, in with the new. Insane that i tore through the gustav tonessen sambas in under a month but regular ones lasted me over 3.
where are you buying these from? How are they different than the OG samba with the blue tag on the tongue?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1163
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32348 on: March 25, 2021, 03:36:18 PM »

those Adidas look good on foot

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #32349 on: March 25, 2021, 10:36:53 PM »
best shoe Adidas ever made

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32350 on: March 26, 2021, 04:03:22 AM »

I highly advice to superglue every seam on that toebumper and the ollie area. I skated a pair and I blew through it in less then 10 sessions (and I’m usually not hard on shoes)...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #32351 on: March 26, 2021, 06:03:42 AM »
i haven't bought these since i assume they don't have a second layer of leather going into the sole under that little piece despite being a skate shoe, like with the initial (or all?) samba advs... wtf adidas

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #32352 on: March 26, 2021, 06:55:42 AM »
like @Sk.A.T.A.N said: Superglue the toe seam and the side where the toe panel and side panel meet since there is no second layer underneath....if there was i would consider this my go to shoes. Sole is sooo comfy and padded but still has boardfeel and i like the design quite a lot!
had to go down half size since they came in pretty long for me....but half size down seems to be my new TTS over the last year for  whatever reason

Masshole

« Reply #32353 on: March 26, 2021, 07:30:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
where are you buying these from? How are they different than the OG samba with the blue tag on the tongue?

I scooped up both pairs for 18 each iirc, at an adidas outlet in new hampshire. Box says samba classic

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32354 on: March 26, 2021, 08:26:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I scooped up both pairs for 18 each iirc, at an adidas outlet in new hampshire. Box says samba classic

Those are the common carry over sambas, the one that sells on more comercial shops and its a bit cheaper and easier to find... The shape is not as good IMO tho.

The OG version has the shorter tongue, better materials and shape.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32355 on: March 26, 2021, 08:27:42 AM »
i haven't bought these since i assume they don't have a second layer of leather going into the sole under that little piece despite being a skate shoe, like with the initial (or all?) samba advs... wtf adidas

Yeah, I also don't understand this... What could be a extra layer and add durability becomes a weak spot right at the most critical areas...  :-\

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #32356 on: March 26, 2021, 04:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I also don't understand this... What could be a extra layer and add durability becomes a weak spot right at the most critical areas...  :-\
Why do they chose to that? Is it really much cheaper?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32357 on: March 26, 2021, 07:01:35 PM »
like @Sk.A.T.A.N said: Superglue the toe seam and the side where the toe panel and side panel meet since there is no second layer underneath....if there was i would consider this my go to shoes. Sole is sooo comfy and padded but still has boardfeel and i like the design quite a lot!
had to go down half size since they came in pretty long for me....but half size down seems to be my new TTS over the last year for  whatever reason
It was the very first thing I did, so far they're holding pretty good
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Fhk

« Reply #32358 on: March 27, 2021, 06:36:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

N. Conway? If so did you happen to pop off the skatestops on the curved ledges over by Nike?  ;D

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #32359 on: March 27, 2021, 11:04:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Those are the common carry over sambas, the one that sells on more comercial shops and its a bit cheaper and easier to find... The shape is not as good IMO tho.

The OG version has the shorter tongue, better materials and shape.

So the OG is the one, eh? I also like the look of the vegans, not sure how they skate

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32360 on: March 27, 2021, 04:36:49 PM »
black accel slims right now. classic "skater" look

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
« Reply #32361 on: March 28, 2021, 04:53:26 PM »
saw em on a shopping app for 180rmb ($27.50) i got these in the mail saturday, skated em for 1.5 hours sunday and they're fucking amazing.. why the fuck did i never get these before? i ordered a suede pair on my way home from the session... amazing shoe

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Masshole

« Reply #32362 on: March 29, 2021, 08:54:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
N. Conway? If so did you happen to pop off the skatestops on the curved ledges over by Nike?  ;D

Yes north conway! but unfortunately no, I rarely bring my board up there as I'm usually in the area to snowboard or do some outdoorsy shit. I have spots galore in Boston so I typically take a break from skating when I head up north.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1307
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32363 on: March 29, 2021, 10:02:25 AM »
saw em on a shopping app for 180rmb ($27.50) i got these in the mail saturday, skated em for 1.5 hours sunday and they're fucking amazing.. why the fuck did i never get these before? i ordered a suede pair on my way home from the session... amazing shoe

Those get a bad rap because of the heel lift and the narrow insteps. You have to have very specific shaped feet in order to feel stable in those.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
« Reply #32364 on: March 29, 2021, 10:14:54 AM »
the use of the term "heel lift" or "raised heel" always bothers me for the Busenitz pros (altho not directing this just at you camel, everyone uses it).  There is no lift in the heel, it's just that they had to thin down/remove material in the toe to give the shoe as much board-feel as possible.  So, it's more accurate to say there's "toe drop" than "heel lift".  your heel isnt set any higher than any other shoe... in fact, it's likely lower than any shoe with thick insole.   

am i crazy?  probably. 

regardless, IMHO, the buz pro is the best cupsole. ever.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:50:08 AM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

coneklr

« Reply #32365 on: March 29, 2021, 11:31:20 AM »

Second this and always regret that I haven't just kept buying them after a few years of skating and wearing nothing but them.  Only real issue (that never actually bothered me) was the sole is less grippy than some other shoes.  Bummed I never got to try the mids though.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #32366 on: March 29, 2021, 12:43:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Second this and always regret that I haven't just kept buying them after a few years of skating and wearing nothing but them.  Only real issue (that never actually bothered me) was the sole is less grippy than some other shoes.  Bummed I never got to try the mids though.
The real issue with those is that damn tongue flipping everywhere
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #32367 on: March 29, 2021, 12:44:29 PM »
Great shoe, the busenitz pro. The thinness up front hurt my feet, but I skated well in them

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
« Reply #32368 on: March 29, 2021, 05:10:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The real issue with those is that damn tongue flipping everywhere

man i had this with the DC lynx zero's but the tongue on the  busenitz are surprisingly stable without any straps.

really great shoe, can't wait til the next time i skate. i love the long tongue too
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32369 on: March 29, 2021, 05:31:57 PM »
the use of the term "heel lift" or "raised heel" always bothers me for the Busenitz pros (altho not directing this just at you camel, everyone uses it).  There is no lift in the heel, it's just that they had to thin down/remove material in the toe to give the shoe as much board-feel as possible.  So, it's more accurate to say there's "toe drop" than "heel lift".  your heel isnt set any higher than any other shoe... in fact, it's likely lower than any shoe with thick insole.   

am i crazy?  probably. 

Actually this outsole is not even made specifically for the busenitz. It’s the Handball spezial outsole that they just re-used. The heel to toe transition of it is like a normal shoe, probably 10 to 12mm (max). I think what makes the heel feel taller is actually the PU skateboarding insole which has a thicker heel, that adds to that raised heel feeling in addition to the narrow shape of it, might feel a bit unstable. If you try the regular handball spezial, which has a flat EVA insole, it feels like a fairly normal shoe.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP