Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4532699 times)

finknoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #32520 on: May 14, 2021, 10:25:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just starting to skate these old 2012 Jordans. So far they feel good.
[close]

I almost tried to get the Jordan drop yesterday. I really want some mids. I can’t get sucked into that shit though.
[close]

Yea I probably will never fight for shoes, it's just ridiculous haha

You can pretty easily get jordan mids in basic colourways like all black/white from bit shoe shops if you wanna skate in them and arent looking for "hype colourways"

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32521 on: May 14, 2021, 11:14:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Just starting to skate these old 2012 Jordans. So far they feel good.
[close]

I almost tried to get the Jordan drop yesterday. I really want some mids. I can’t get sucked into that shit though.
[close]

Yea I probably will never fight for shoes, it's just ridiculous haha
[close]

You can pretty easily get jordan mids in basic colourways like all black/white from bit shoe shops if you wanna skate in them and arent looking for "hype colourways"

Damn. For sure most big shoe stores are a no go, they go quick. Maybe I'll look at smaller shops if I'm looking next time? I can get away with big kids sizes so sometimes I get lucky.

Also yea these are mids. The "Phats" they made for a minute. Only difference I can tell is the tongue is just definitely puffier lol.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32522 on: May 16, 2021, 06:26:02 PM »

just got both these in the mail yesterday. been on a all white with slight color accent kick lately.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #32523 on: May 16, 2021, 07:09:14 PM »
Both lookin fresh. I'm with you on a nice white silhouette with a little bit of colour somewhere.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #32524 on: May 16, 2021, 07:14:29 PM »
Both lookin fresh. I'm with you on a nice white silhouette with a little bit of colour somewhere.

just looks so sick!
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Jory4

• Rep: 106
« Reply #32525 on: May 18, 2021, 02:14:35 AM »

Liking these so far.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #32526 on: May 18, 2021, 08:16:44 PM »

Liking these so far.

So sick. Mine are otw - I'm very excited.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #32527 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:50 PM »

Liking these so far.

are those the wino g6 slip ons?  they look super nice how's the midsole on them?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:13:15 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

Jory4

« Reply #32528 on: May 18, 2021, 11:39:21 PM »
Yep!

Really nice, not too thick underfoot. More cushioning over the foot than a vans slip ( in a good way)

Only just started skating cups and these don’t feel too bulky compared to vulcs at all

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #32529 on: May 19, 2021, 05:44:41 AM »

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 214
« Reply #32530 on: May 19, 2021, 06:36:47 AM »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32531 on: May 19, 2021, 08:30:15 AM »
Had my first session in the NB 913 I scooped up on clearance and it was rough. The shoe felt incredibly stiff like I was in a 2000s Moon Boot but even those broke in fairly quickly. The outsole was really hard too.

Anyone with experience with this shoe able to alleviate my fear?

Also if anyone has a recommendation for a cupsole that flick like a vulc, I would appreciate that too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #32532 on: May 19, 2021, 09:20:40 AM »
Had my first session in the NB 913 I scooped up on clearance and it was rough. The shoe felt incredibly stiff like I was in a 2000s Moon Boot but even those broke in fairly quickly. The outsole was really hard too.

Also if anyone has a recommendation for a cupsole that flick like a vulc, I would appreciate that too.
I don't mean to come off as bias by any means but the Spanky G6 has the board feel of a vulc with the support of a cup.

This post talks about it a little bit and is an inside look into the pour-in G6 midsole. Hope this helps.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #32533 on: May 19, 2021, 03:41:51 PM »

Es Accel Slim

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32534 on: May 19, 2021, 06:56:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Es Accel Slim

I got a pair for a homie in 1/2 a size smaller than I usually ride, he had to pass on it because it was too snug for him. Tried it on last night, and aside from the tightness from the size, did tick a lot of boxes. I'll give the NB 913 a more few more sessions before I break out the shoe stretcher on the eS.

I'm thinking of going back to the Kalis Vulc (skated 3 pairs of those) or maybe mix it up with a Lakai XLK lineup, maybe the Griffin or Fremont. Anyone with feedback on those?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Vitriol

• Rep: 36
« Reply #32535 on: May 20, 2021, 04:46:46 AM »

Liking these so far.

Could you please put your ride in the setup thread? Looks plenty good!

Jory4

« Reply #32536 on: May 21, 2021, 01:14:16 AM »
Expand Quote

Liking these so far.
[close]

Could you please put your ride in the setup thread? Looks plenty good!

It’s in there but quite a few pages back.... apologies for replying here again
8.9 into the wild daclin
Ace 55 classic
56mm speed lab slappy hours 99a
RAD magazine sticker

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32537 on: May 21, 2021, 05:40:46 AM »

The answer is, as usually, Busenitz pros.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #32538 on: May 21, 2021, 09:16:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The answer is, as usually, Busenitz pros.
I can’t vouch for them but a lot of people swear by the Lakai stuff.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32539 on: May 21, 2021, 09:24:16 AM »
I had 2 pairs of Busenitz, 1 vulc, 1 with the extra long tongue. Way to narrow for my truckersaurus feet.

Any reviews on the Lakai Fremont XLK? Tactics said the shoe fit loose for narrow feet.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #32540 on: May 21, 2021, 10:29:25 AM »
Re:Busenitz, I have never logged more rolled ankles in any other shoe. The combination of the heel drop and the non grippy sole is just brutal.

Love how they look and the fact that the sole lasts me for months, but I can't even look at a pair without getting anxious at this point.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #32541 on: May 21, 2021, 10:37:55 AM »
Re:Busenitz, I have never logged more rolled ankles in any other shoe. The combination of the heel drop and the non grippy sole is just brutal.

Love how they look and the fact that the sole lasts me for months, but I can't even look at a pair without getting anxious at this point.

They should really revamp that sole. Would be sick if they just made the indoor super sole the regular sole for it, or at least if they did a consistent wider run of that model.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #32542 on: May 21, 2021, 11:15:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Es Accel Slim
[close]

I got a pair for a homie in 1/2 a size smaller than I usually ride, he had to pass on it because it was too snug for him. Tried it on last night, and aside from the tightness from the size, did tick a lot of boxes. I'll give the NB 913 a more few more sessions before I break out the shoe stretcher on the eS.

I'm thinking of going back to the Kalis Vulc (skated 3 pairs of those) or maybe mix it up with a Lakai XLK lineup, maybe the Griffin or Fremont. Anyone with feedback on those?

I can't wear usual vulc shoes anymore for skating, but the Lakai XLK stuff treats my well.

Manchester XLK
Sheffield XLK
Atlantic (a mix of cupsole with that XLK outsole)
Cambridge (really comfy, not sure if that is a cup or vulc)
Newport (no XLK but a nice cupsole)

Fremont I haven't had a chance to try and the Griffin was really stiff and narrow for me.
And they just released the Brighton, looks like a cup to me.
IG: @flowterspace

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #32543 on: May 22, 2021, 06:52:56 AM »
I am on some Tyshawns for more ankle protection after the Puigs. I had 9.5 on the Puigs but had to get a 10 on the Tyshawns. I had a first session today and I feel like I am floating in the Tyshawns, hope I'll get used to that. Anyone had a similar experience?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #32544 on: May 22, 2021, 07:52:18 AM »
I am on some Tyshawns for more ankle protection after the Puigs. I had 9.5 on the Puigs but had to get a 10 on the Tyshawns. I had a first session today and I feel like I am floating in the Tyshawns, hope I'll get used to that. Anyone had a similar experience?
Yup. Board feel comes soon but it’s a good shoe. Good cupsole.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #32545 on: May 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They should really revamp that sole. Would be sick if they just made the indoor super sole the regular sole for it, or at least if they did a consistent wider run of that model.
I can’t understand why they redid the sole on the booze vulk but never redid the sole on the OG , it’s literally the most perfect shoe with one of the least gripping soles and it’s been in the market for nearly a damn decade... I’d skate next to nothing else if it had better grip

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #32546 on: May 22, 2021, 09:00:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yup. Board feel comes soon but it’s a good shoe. Good cupsole.

Thanks bro, that‘s encouraging.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #32547 on: May 22, 2021, 07:13:16 PM »
 I remember reading positive things regarding Sambas OG (the non skateboarding ones), any comments pals?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #32548 on: May 22, 2021, 10:19:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I can’t understand why they redid the sole on the booze vulk but never redid the sole on the OG , it’s literally the most perfect shoe with one of the least gripping soles and it’s been in the market for nearly a damn decade... I’d skate next to nothing else if it had better grip

On the busenitz vulc they just re-used the outsole from the 3mc. That requires next to none extra investment because the molds are there already.
To update the OG outsole would require to open a full new set of molds (it’s a cupsole). I also don’t think grip is that bad to the point they would update an already classic. I’ve skated 2 or 3 pairs and they always felt fine to me tbh.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #32549 on: May 24, 2021, 11:52:27 AM »
5th session in these Atlantic's. The flick is great.

They are a nice mix of cupsole with that XLK outsole. They have good support and don't feel als floppy as usual Lakai vulc shoes.
IG: @flowterspace